1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Update 0.2 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I suppose so, only tried it for VR and it works. You can try it for singlescreen, easy to undo.

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. What this "magic" do?

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Improve VR visuals very much.

boskapongen likes this.
  4. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

Here is what one sim racer said:

5. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Somebody needs to tell that guy that he needs to build another rig for the right sided cars xD

mms likes this.
  6. unknwn

unknwn Alien

@Tberg
    I would add one important setting to the list:
    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=x.xx

Description:
    "Weight of current frame's contribution to the history. Low values cause blurriness and ghosting, high values fail to hide jittering."

Setting it to 0.2 reduces TAA blur masively, however it adds some jittering that shouldn't be a problem when actually driving in comparison to stationary. At higher values jittering gets quite noticeable.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin, mms, Tberg and 1 other person like this.
  7. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

The game is early access and still in heavy development. If you're not prepared to put some effort in keeping up with what is going on then I'd suggest putting the game down until it gets to version 1.0 Not much point in Kunos documenting things that are still subject to change before final release.

8. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

^This. People come to play Alpha versions of the game when what they really should be doing is testing, reading forums and contributing to bug reports and feedback. No wonder they get upset when things don't work to their expectations. This does not mean though that you can not enjoy it while doing it when it happens to work.

That is another issue when people make multiple threads without actually first searching the forums causing multiple duplicates and such. So please do read forums and use the search.

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Great, have you tried it with the list I put up?

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

You have not read what I wrote or have not understood what I was after. By the example of AC1 there will be no proper documentation even with the full release of ACC, like there has been none for AC1 and certain important infos, option explanations and commands had to be picked up by user on the web by himself, since Kunos instead scattered them across their boards and the web. I fear it will not be different with ACC, and that is no customer-friendly policy. Even less understandable since they type the info at least once somewhere anyway. Why not still typing it just once, but in an ever updated manual that gets updated and always automatically deliverd with any new update? There are so many, many, many exmaples where doing like this has worked so wonderfully and incredibly well for the publishers and the title they released or updated...

One document in the installation folder. For new release of the game, corrections, changes, deletions get added to that docuemnt, and it overwrites the old one when the new upgrade gets installed. This online wishy-washy is just a confusing treasure-hunt. You can debate background info in thso format, like aris does those physics blog entries and did videos in the past, that was welcomed. But the expalnation of options, functions, the documentation of all commands and options has to be in the game folder, has to be in one central, focussed, constantly updated place, and not in half a dozen threads scattered across several subforums or places and with dozens of pages in every thread. A manual. You have a question, you open it up, you get your answer, you're done, no hassle, no time-consuming online expedition, no Google search. You open the book/pdf and read the wanted page. Nothing beats that simplicity. Who does like to have a simple question like "What was that keyboard command again" or "what are the recommended option settings for VR over 2D?" and then spending an hour to look it up online? I do not enjoy this time wasting at all. Not in AC1, and not in ACC.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Can you give an example of a pc game/sim that has such a manual with recommended settings, covering every single pc/hardware spec?

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Hardware specs have nothing to do with it, its not about describing a million of different hardware configurations. But explaining for exampel what makes "Temporal AA" and "FXAA" seperate from each other and whether one should in general favour settings in the gfx driver over that in the game, or the other way around. Or think of the many keyboard commands in AC that are available but do not show up in the game menu and hardware setup menu at all. A player not familiar with the goings in the forums of that time, could not knew about their mere existence. Myself, I already improved VR looks by just changing some setting sin the menu and adding that two lines that Gamer Muscle mentioned in his video - but without this both being told by somebody or reading it in a manual, I would never have known of it, and thus would have stuck with those awful graphics in VR that you intially have after installation. I switched off Blur and reduced shadow quality, that is stuff I know - the rest is knwoedge that a publisher never should be taken as granted, but shoudl explain. Its profound, essential. Its fundamental basics. This is independent from EA. AC1 had the situation of no-manual continuing even after full release.

Guys, do you even read what I wrote earlier, or is the mere fact that I say something critical about ACC already enough to push you into gasping mode? Your replies sound as if you either do not read or do not understand what I wrote - or try to give it a twist.

Anyhow, I made my point, and repeatedly now. Get it, or don't, I'm out.

13. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Game manuals became a thing of the past with the internet taking over, information widely spread about and easily obtainable.
    Many games don't have manuals these days and with dev teams being small it's considered a waste of time, I do miss a good manual though...those were the days!

Arlo likes this.
  14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Okay then....
    Can you name a recent sim or game that has such a manual? Maybe a link to such manual.

15. Gert De Preter

Gert De Preter Simracer

Guys, Skybird is right, information IS scattered around the forums.
    A short description within the game with each video or control setting is useful.

This is however still too early to demand this from Kunos. Enjoy the game in the state that it is, report bugs, give feedback but stop the nasty comments.

16. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The right hand white section of the UI, is where the help and explanation would be. It is very very basic right now, but later on it will be filled with more important information, possibly rollover specific help.

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I think Skybird was refering to the multiple ways of setting up your hardware to get decent performance, otherwise I don't know why he in this case was refering to VR optimizations.

At least different to the control and setup UI help that Aris is refering to.

18. Guys, sorry for the slight offtopic, but I am new to AC/ACC forums, is there a place I could ask developers about upcoming features, or roadmap is all we have?

19. Typer

Typer Simracer

[​IMG]

That’s been a well discussed topic of late, have a browse around.

In a nutshell, the developers are quite busy developing at the moment and as a small team they don’t have much time to respond to queries on the forums.

You can also try Marco via his Facebook page:

https://facebook.com/marco.massarutto.1

nate, Ernie and Vytautas Leonavičius like this.
  20. Thank you. Actually it was a bit silly of me, I had some sort of brain fart this morning. After searching forums I noticed people raised questions of damage/collisions and Safety car, so either answer is no, or at least devs are aware of those things. One open question is rich shared memory... without it, CC won't be possible :(