1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC v1.0 reinstallation necessary?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Astidien, May 26, 2019.

1. Astidien

Astidien Rookie

What is recommended by Kunos, a complete reinstallation or simply updating the EA version?

2. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Excellent question.

3. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I wanted ask the same ;)

4. thecures

thecures Gamer

for the old versions it was recommended to uninstall.... i think for 1.0 its' the same !!!

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Here's why we cannot really recommend a specific action.
    Theoretically and I repeat again, theoretically the game files are installed by steam eliminating old files and and installing the new files. This action goes 99.9% correctly.
    Windows operating system, has specific guidelines for specific folders that an application can go and write, overwrite, modify its own files, necessary for running. For example, ACC writes at "user\documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione" folder and at "user\AppData\Local\AC2". As I said, those folder paths are advised by Windows to be used for any software for security, performance and proper behaviour reasons. The operating systems knows that such folders exists and won't make them write only, protected them or prohibit from the software to change them at will...

Now the above is a simplistic explanation and I'm sure software analysts will jump on me and explain many reasons why this is not exactly correct or why other things might happen. I know, I apologise for this kind of explanation.
    Fact is, some times the above folders and their files in them might become corrupt, write only or whatever other condition and the new version of a software won't be able to overwrite them with the new files. As a result you might get a new version of ACC properly installed, but something went wrong and it will still use "old" configuration files and saves from the above folder. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to know when this go wrong, why and how to solve it. Only a manual user elimination (often with admin password request) can solve this issue and in the next ACC run, the software will write new virgin files.

So there isn't a correct answer to this I'm afraid. You can update and usually everything will go as planned... remember, there are thousands out there playing and if the big part of them would have problems, this forum would have exploded. But some people do get errors or problems. They complain here rightfully and together we find a solution.
    That is all

6. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I think I will reinstall, but I will keep some saves

7. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Ok.. I never had problem with update from 0.5 to 0.6 to 0.7. So I'll try the update way. If will be some problem we'll see.

Stickdeath1980 likes this.
  8. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

will do the update only can't wait... no risk no fun :D:D;)

mbayenh and ChivasRx like this.
  9. Had it since day 1 never had to reinstall anythink.If anythink does go wrong i normally go to old faithful Verify files and a classic restart of the computer normally fixes my proplems

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am pragmatic. I try always just updating. And if I run into weired things happening, then I deinstall completely and reinstall completely. Which usually is never necessary. For ACC 0.6 or 0.7 it was recommended to delete hardware settings files for controllers, and redo them manually. I did not. And you guess it - it runs as smooth as before.

However, I have not added anything to the ini-files, and did not add any mods or whatever, at least nothing I still remember. If somebody does this a lot, modding and manually editing of ini files, then he might be better off with reinstalling everything, too, else he simply may overlook chnages that he applied in the past. But then manually delete any remaining user files after deinstallation as well, else it makes no sense!

warth0g likes this.
  11. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Same. I’ll update and see if it works, if not it’s time for a reinstall. 0.6 was the only time I had to reinstall due to performance issues (which seemed to fix things).

12. Turk

Turk Alien

I won't be able to play until Friday so I might just reinstall just to be on the safe side, I hoping the sim will have already gotten it's first patch by the time I get to it.