1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS ACC V1.6 improved tyre model and DHE 2020 compound!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 18, 2020.

1. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Whatever.

2. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

terrible graining now with the tyres even on the rears, on colder tracks there is no heating them above 80.
    Have they put the decimal in the wrong place?

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^
    Yep, have noticed that the tires now seam to show the effect of abusing them, especially early.

Doesn't really bother me though, since we all have the same tires.

AndyK70 likes this.
  4. Psytriq

Psytriq Rookie

This is one of the only threads I can actually post on, keep getting "You have insufficient privileges to reply here!" on every single post. No idea how to fix this, and I can't download files.

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

6. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

Tire walls have always been part of the sim physics at least for those experienced in real life racing and it's also why during long stints i and many others with the knowledge adjust ABS, Traction control and driving patterns such as braking and acceleration on the fly based on feedback.

7. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Hi!

Fur curiosity sake I would like to know where does the reference optimum tire pressure of 27.3 to 27.9psi comes from because most, if not all, teams currently racing @ GTWCE are running pressures, hot, let's say... much lower than the recommended psi

I also did a short course with jorge segers, and he confirmed that the pressures run as low as possible, ignoring Pirelli's recommendation. Disclaimer: I'm not talking bad about the tire model, it's just a curiosity.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    WRC_MADMAX likes this.
  8. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

No it's not just curiosity it's simulation why you are asking. If you run 24-25 you'll not be able to maximize grip potential in ACC and you tire will take a beating due to under inflation leading to sliding etc. For the guide in game simply utilize the tire widget and make sure they look 1. Even. 2. Green to light yellow. 3. NEVER let the middle section of that widget look taller than the other sections. Also remember to ascertain from the engineers at the paddocks what ambient and track temperature ranges they work with per sessions.

9. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Well, let me rephrase.

Because it’s a simulation I wonder where that pressure range for DHE came from, as teams never use the recommended values from Pirelli’s PDF.

I cannot give you exact values, but for a ambient temperature of 23 and track temperature around 30 they run around 15% less than the recommended value

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Dufloth likes this.
  11. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

I asked because the ranges you gave are the preheat ranges set by the tire blankets before track sessions.

12. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

I’m talking about hot pressures, not pre heat.

pirelli set a target hot of 29 psi (lol), the simulation sets a target hot of 27.5 and the teams run a hot of 24-26 (max).

I like that KS did lower than recommended hot pressures, but I just wanted to understand where it came from.

13. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

I think Pirelli set the recommended pressures so high because of preserving their brand image in case of tyre failure - they can then say that the car don’t used recommended pressures hence the tyre failure is caused by the team and not by insufficient strength of the tyre.

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

15. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

yes, your point is valid and well known. My point is that it would be lovely to have these small “tweaks” in the game that it is done irl to find extra tenths. It’s super rare to have tire failures in the world gt Europe, yet they’re running out of spec pressures.

It’s what teams do, it’s not cheating nor physics breaking and a nice exercise for us to find :)

Elrann likes this.