1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC vs AC2 in the wet comparison.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cote Dazur, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

First 2 disclaimer
    1. I like ACC very much and I have no doubt it will turn up to be an amazing SIM experience when reaching final stages.
    2. I used AC2 in my thread title, because as we all know AC does not have rain and to me when using CM and light Patch and rain, we are not playing Vanilla AC anymore, so to me I am using AC2.:p
    ( no GT3 cars have been harmed during the testing and all driving was done in VR);)

This morning I dared a comparison that I am inviting you all to emulate.

First I drove in ACC a 15 minute race in light rain in the afternoon at the Nurburgring gt driving the Huracan. For me it was the first time I enjoyed racing in the rain, as all I have tried before in other SIM were sadelly lacking on one way or the other. Since it was so nice I thought what would it be like in AC?o_O

So Second I loaded light rain weather from Peter's G&B weather, set rain and wiper, and drove the same race in similar condition. It is not totally fair as I have close to 3900 hours in AC so it feels familiar and I have had plenty of time to tweak it to fit my taste, but even though I really liked my drive in ACC, I loved my drive in AC2. ACC is the new kid on the block and has a bright future in front of him, but AC is not done yet by a big margin and deserve all our love and attention.:)

I hope you will have as much fun trying this as I did and I will only add : Long Life to AC2. :D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashes with and without UE4-AC2 error undefined Jan 5, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting fatal error UE4-AC2 [userdocs inaccessible] Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help ACC wont start, Fatal Error UE4-AC2 Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting the ue4-ac2 game has crashed and will close at ACC startup Jan 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot save setup [Windows Security blocking access to AC2-Win64-shipping.exe] Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Error, log attached.[restricted userdocs config directory access] Nov 6, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error UE4-AC2 when launching [antivirus software block userdocs config directory access] Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot start ACC AC2-WinShipping.exe error Sep 27, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Crash when trying to access Player Rating Screen Dec 27, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC still not working, The UE4-AC2 Game crahsed and will close Jun 14, 2019
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Hopefully, one day - there will be a real AC2 so for now, maybe we can just call it AC1.5. :p:)

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You remember that post asking where Stefano is? The answer was he is busy developing AC under a Russian Nick name.
    So don’t fear, AC might soon overtake...
    :D;)

Vel likes this.
  5. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I'm pretty sure we'll see AC live for a very long time. It is a masterpiece. The only place to go if you want a simulated country drive in a sports (or any other) car or race so many different cars that handle so convincing.

LeDude83 and Cote Dazur like this.
  6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

My AC2 is real, I drive it (almost) daily.:p but yes, maybe Kunos will give us AC3 one day.;), but even then it will be missing most of my over 1500 cars and 400 tracks I am presently enjoying in AC2.:D

Thomas Cameron, Dean Ogurek and Gunja like this.
  7. mms

mms Alien

What I really like in ACC is when the track starts to dry out so you have to have to stick to the drying line, and also searching for puddles when your wet tires start to overheat.

Is the line dynamic in AC2 @Cote Dazur ?

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Not yet, please be patient.:p

mms likes this.
  9. mms

mms Alien

That would be really cool if he manages to do that!

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I have not experienced this in ACC yet, all I have found is static weather, what do you do to have weather change from rain to dry?

11. mms

mms Alien

When you choose the second or last special event it starts wet and dries out slowly. It's really good, you should try it.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  12. magzire

magzire Alien

To be honest the rain is just a gimmick. Rain only falls on windshield. There is no wet tires, only track grip is lowered. Kind of a wasteful project if there isn't going to be pits for wets or drying track. Other than that Shader mod is amazing.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Andrew_WOT likes this.
  13. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Agree with that, I was hotlapping misano in ACC for about 2 hours yesterday(here’s to another 2000 hopefully), thoroughly enjoying it but then fancied a change so went to AC”2” early evening, brigdehampton 25 DRM cars, man o man what a buzz! No fear of AC dying anytime soon IMO..

14. fabT

fabT Alien

No idea about "AC2", but driving on wet conditions in ACC is by far the most impressing experience i had in simdriving within the last few years.
    Can't recall any other sim i drove coming even close.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I could not agree more, and that is exactly what I wrote.;)

The idea is to try the same in AC'2', with the latest advancement made possible by @x4fab Light patch and to realize that AC is also providing a great experience, not as sophisticated, but still very satisfying, even more in some aspect. As for someone like me, I can appreciate all the added realism brought in ACC, like drying lanes, puddles and more, but for this SIM racer, just a simulated wet track with spray, rain and wiper, driving AC physic, is already great and bring me much joy.:)
    And while at it, trying it on the many mod tracks available in AC"2" with all the different cars.:D

paul_wev likes this.
  16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

My personal opinion about available AC wet tracks is that only Goodwood wet is at an acceptable level. There is some correlation between the visual and physical surface (for puddles at least) and the amount of grip varies on different parts of the track with more grip off the dry line in some places forcing you to take a kind of wet line. The other wet track I tried was Brands Indy from the wet mod and that felt to me like just lower percentage track grip. No link between the visual and physical surface and no variation of grip (that I could discern anyway.)

The shader patch rain and wet mod dirt to spray effects massively enhance the wet track experience but are such a large disadvantage that I really wish someone would find a way to force them online!

Fingers crossed some more track makers will release wet versions of their tracks!

Cote Dazur likes this.
  17. Typer

Typer Simracer

Please let’s not start calling non-Vanilla AC “AC2”, it’ll confuse the **** out of people, especially considering it’s already a term that has been used by the community to refer to a hoped-for, Kunos-developed successor to AC. ACC also contains mentions of AC2. Adding yet a third, and very different meaning is doing nobody any favours.

Also “please no” to AC 1.5, that too is already a thing:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/assettocorsa/announcements/detail/841419198412631419

Call it something like AC+P (AC plus Patches), or AC+, or quite frankly anything else.

Let’s not create another Football / Soccer / American Football debacle. They had the chance to call American Football by its proper name and they blew it. R.I.P. HandEgg.

jc1993, Andrew_WOT and LeDude83 like this.