1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

ACCDirectorAssistant BETA Broadcasting client

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by gvann, Apr 10, 2021.

1. gvann

gvann Rookie

Hi all,
    I'm a computer science student and for my master's thesis I'm creating a broadcasting client for ACC powerd by an AI that suggests to the director cars to focus on and cams to use.

Here a video demonstration of the app

I'm starting the testing phase to collect feedbacks and gather some data for my thesis. The app is still in beta so there are a few limitations that I highlighted in the guide.
    If you would like to help me testing my app here is where you can download it: ACCDirectorAssistant

Before trying it please read this little guide: ACCDirectorAssistantHowTo

As a little favour in return I ask you to fill this little survey that will provide my with very useful data for my thesis :) -> Survey

If you have any question I will be more than happy to answer ;)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality New SteamVR beta update Jan 14, 2021
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes UnitedRaceData.com - Initial Beta Release Jan 13, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Race Engineer App - BETA-Version online Nov 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals How is the FFB on ACC with the DD1 or DD2 now with acutal normal firmware and the newset Beta 373 Oct 6, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals New Fanatec Beta Driver V372 and FanaLab 1.47 Software Aug 15, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality (BETA) Engine.ini Settings for less ghosting/blurriness May 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions "Public Beta" 1.3.8 - Preview - NOW IN LIVE Mar 25, 2020
    ACC General Discussions RLM Beta Teams Stress-Test / Suzuka / 50 Teams Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI issue, Bug or an unfinished product for beta testing Nov 20, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Missing Game Interface SteamVR beta 1.8.2 Sep 18, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [beta 1.0.7 4090200] crash UE4 champ race after loading a saved game Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Valve Index, SteamVR beta, ACC 1.0.7 beta Aug 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions "Public Beta" 1.0.7 - Preview 3 - HOTFIX IS NOW LIVE! Aug 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions "Public Beta" 1.0.7 - Preview 2 Aug 7, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Cycle HUD MFD not working [1.0.7 beta] Aug 7, 2019

3. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Awesome looking so far.

We`re running some testing at the minute and will have some feedback for you soon ;)

gvann likes this.
  4. great

gvann likes this.
  5. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

One random thing. It seems to be doing something funky with the replay feature.

It`s hard to know when you are in replay mode, so maybe add an icon or something?

The replay also seems to go on for a loooooong *** time and the sound is disjointed. Even when clicking replay in game, it does nothing and pressing drive or return to garage also seems to not do anything.

6. PCR_Chrupek

PCR_Chrupek Rookie

Hello Sir

First of all, great work. Somebody long time a go was making the same tool but he abandom that and app is bugged as hell.

I have some advice for you as caster:
    If camera switch - make blokade for at least 5/7 seconds. Sometimes auto camera jumps very intensive and you can't see anything on track.
    When camera switch there is some (not sure I'm going to discribe it well) glitch - looks like many cameras at once. Maby upper solution will solve the problem.
    If possible, make some custom stable camera for each track (i can help with that)

Program it self:
    Track map (as you can set in game) - how it can work. Every drivers is dot. You can click on driver and change camera (type of camera can be set randomly or you can choose wich camera will be used as standard)
    Lap View - blue colors on drivers that are overlaped.
    Highlights don't work for me, don't know why (I mean, nothing show up on that section)
    Leader board - Class sorting. Can't check it now but would be nice if delta says gap to position, not to the car (makes a lot of troubles when cars are overlaped)

Sorry if this is quite chaotic informations :)

If need help with future testing, type me on discord: SN_Chrupek#8871

7. gvann

gvann Rookie

Thank you very much for your feedback, I'll look into that :)

That's interesting, I'll definitely investigate that one!

Thank you very much for these suggestions, I'll consider them :) For the highlights as I written in the document I know they still have some problems but I hope to solve them soon.

If you want to give me even more precise feedbacks, when you feel like you have done enough testing on the application, consider taking the survey I created: https://tinyurl.com/ACCDirectorAssistantSurvey

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  8. PCR_Chrupek

PCR_Chrupek Rookie

Morning. All above is enought for first time. Was testing that app today morning once again and nothing more was found.

gvann likes this.
  9. gvann

gvann Rookie

Hi all and thanks to everyone who downloaded my application :)
    I'm about to finish my thesis and I'm gathering all the data, if you still haven't taken the survey I kindly ask you to spend five minutes of your time on it, I would really appreciate that :) Here is the link: https://tinyurl.com/ACCDirectorAssistantSurvey
    If you already did it I really thank you, you helped me a lot!
    In a few days I will have to close the beta and the application will stop working, after that I'll try to fix some of the problems that emerged, integrate some of the feedbacks and I will release the finished version on the here on the forum, so keep an eye on that if you are interested :)

Regards

cestcomi and Darcy Callai Junior like this.
  10. PCR_Chrupek

PCR_Chrupek Rookie

I'm waiting all the time :) take your time and make it well to have respect for eternity ! :)

gvann likes this.