1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Adding a motion seat for more immersion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by McClusky, Oct 31, 2016.

1. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

I’ve been playing pc racing games for 21 years and it is by far my favorite hobby so when I find something that is a game changer I like to share.

For the past few years I’ve been using a buttkicker so I can ‘feel’ the car along with road surfaces either through the sound or telemetry of the sim but I wanted more immersion so I recently bought a Geko GS-105 motion seat and now I need to share with others who might be thinking of going to the next level (next level of immersion not the next level seat mover, lol).

Playing Assetto Corsa with the G-Seat has been incredibly awesome. Feeling the forces of acceleration and braking, feeling the bumps, dips and cracks on any given straight away, feeling the side forces produced when cornering while at the same time feeling the effects of hitting the curbs and/or rumble strips in those same corners is just simply awesome. What I just mentioned is what I feel with the G-Seat and adding the buttkicker to the seat seemed to fill in some gaps and it’s a match made in heaven.

Adding the G-Seat to my rig has been interesting as I had to re-work just about everything but it is without a doubt worth every swear word I said and thought throughout the whole process. I also feel the need to mention that I wasn’t 100% happy when I first got the G-Seat as I didn’t like what I was feeling when cornering but it turned out I had 2 things wrong. First I didn’t have the harness on the G-Seat properly adjusted, second I was not in the proper ‘mind set’ when driving a sim as I was letting the G-Seat move me around instead of me fighting the forces trying to stay still. After taking a long road trip concentrating on what my body was doing to keep still when taking corners at a high rate of speed I went back to my G-Seat and applied what I remembered and now I’m 110% happy. It’s quite a ‘core’ workout resisting the forces lap after lap. I now can relate to (well most of) this story “You think driving an Indy car is easy?” Of course the severity of forces depends on what car is being driven and the settings within the G-Seat software (a lot of adjustability within the software).

So anyway if you are thinking about going to the next level of immersion I highly recommend the Geko GS-105.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Adding DOFreality 2DOF MS2 motion to my Playseat May 2, 2019
    General modding discussion Adding objects and materials in 3Dsimed. Apr 7, 2023
    Sounds modding Adding horn sounds to a car Aug 30, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Is there away of adding the Toyota Supra GT4 to the dlc May 27, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Adding Ballast Feb 6, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Adding ballast Jan 28, 2021
    ACC User Interface Adding the possibility to set a start + end for replays before saving Jan 14, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 in game ballast adding Dec 13, 2020
    General modding discussion Adding pitboxes Sep 25, 2020
    General modding discussion Adding a ring to the steering wheel of a car Sep 4, 2020
    ACC User Interface THANK YOU for adding the option to read tire pressures from setup for the pit strategies! Aug 6, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing in menu after adding Fanatec CSL Elite pedals May 19, 2020
    Sounds modding Adding KERS sound in FMod or manually Feb 24, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres adding new parameter to setup.ini - centre diff Dec 14, 2019
    ACC User Interface Adding fuel through MFD Apr 4, 2019

3. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Hi there, went into the same direction as you. It is a gamechanger idd! Had to do some repairs along the way but was always helped out very well by julien, the creator of the gseat. Takes some getting used to though. I had the chance to try out a gs4gseat and liked the gekoseat better. Also when repairs are necessary prices won't go through the roof as its a very simple design. Also very easy to mount buttkickers under the gseat!

Have you made any adjustments to the standard profile? If so, i would be very eager to know what you ve changed. Thnx in advance!

4. Hangon

Hangon Gamer

You use this with Assetto? Did not see it was supported on website.Does the seat mount to standard rails on sim cockpit? Meaning..could you simply unbolt existing seat (eg: obbutto Revolution) and mount this?? Definitely very different from other motion systems.

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I kills me to not be able to talk about the cockpits I'm designing.

If I have my way I would like to have some of you guys do some testing.

Would like to hear your wish lists.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

nah mate i bought some demon tweeks seat rails
    this seat has u much larger base due to the operating space the motor with rails need at the bottom

7. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

thnx, but I wouldn't be certain if my advice would be any good
    it's all so subjective you know?
    you did make me really curious though
    do you work for a company or is it all diywork?

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

There are some people forming a company around my work.

I like to hear how everyone feels.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  9. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

keep us posted mate!

10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I'm just an old nuts and bolts guy with a lot of driving experience. Not much of a video game player, racing or computer guy, which can annoy some people sometimes, but instantly got addicted to Assetto Corsa and this forum/you guys/Kunos.

I have a shifter I'm going to build that shouldn't cost too much.
    Know of any coders?
    I will build more then one.

11. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

I did at first but then I realized I had the harness adjusted wrong so when I got it on right the changes I made felt wrong so I'm currently using + along with G-Seat profile of Lighter. I was surprised to find that there isn't a forum on the Gekosystems website for the purpose of sharing and to gain more knowledge of what to adjust to amplify or tone down certain forces. For me I find the side forces too strong but I haven't looked to see how to tone them down besides turning down overall forces within the g-seat profile but then that dulls all forces. Regardless of what I just said I find the G-Seat a pure joy to use, it quadrupled the immersion for me.

Have you made any adjustments?

Tim Meuris likes this.
  12. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Wow, the pricing seems very decent!

What about big people? I'm 2 metres tall so it's a pain to fit in most chairs for me...

13. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

DIY your motion

Cheaper, Faster, Stronger, More game support...ect ect ect.

14. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

I'm a salesman, the only thing I'm good at is talking.
    I'm capable of destroying you whole house while trying to change a lightbulb.

And like I said, the pricing is very reasonable, even if I was handy woudn't waste my time on a project like this if I can get it relative cheap.

15. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

Not sure, I looked in the manual and it doesn’t say if there is a limit. Contact Julien at gekosystems, their contact form is in the Order – Inquiry tab on their website (I always thought that tab was only to check on a order).

My biggest issue right now is getting in and out of the chair as you cannot slide it back so I’m going to make this platform later this month (it will have a stop so it doesn't go to far back and flip).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tim Meuris likes this.
  16. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

For me it came down to space and time. I have a very small room for my rig and the GS-105 has a small foot print and I don't have time to build my own plus this works right out of the box.

17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Ask julien of gekosystems: he answers all your questions! Further: pricewise it's really good. Okay, if you look inside the chair it's all mdf but it hasn't bothered me once. And it works right out of the box. Also repairs should be quite easy cause there isn't much that can brake. With the help of julien even me, mister clumsy, was able to repair it.

18. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Really cool mate. Same principle as seat rails but you have the base as well.

And no, i haven't made any adjustments to the profile.

19. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Will it be a ffb shifter?
    Sorry don't know any coders. Don't know anything of the fabricating process, only of the buying process... :D

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Yes it will be full force feedback. It will shift the same as a real transmission. Sorry I can't elaborate details on an open forum.
    All of you here are my best source of feedback. At the next meeting I'll ask about getting a way for us to talk about this. I'm pretty sure you guys would like my shifter and cockpit.
    I'm going to start on cockpit prototype #3 this week and start looking for parts for the the shifter.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  21. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Sure DIY isn't for everyone, but for those who can, Do. All the while saving big bucks and getting a better performing rig in the end.

Also motion can be as Compact as you need, Essentially the same foot print as your seat, Look up Desk Racer Motion and you'll see what i mean. (Motors mounted under the seat)

Also costs for a Basic seat mover can be as little as 5-600$

Cote Dazur likes this.