1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Adding DOFreality 2DOF MS2 motion to my Playseat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nolive72, May 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. nolive72

nolive72 Gamer

I have been building my 1st Simrig since the beginning of the year going with a PLAYSEAT Evolution now sitting on a plywood board with industrial casters simple yet effecient DIY.

My rig is indeed sitting in my private Office with a rather small available space (roughly 8sqm) and I am switching between gaming on Triple screens or TV if the Sim does not support triples well (ACC do you hear me....) so I needed compactness and mobility altogether

I think the pics attached in my thread https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...th-ts-pc-racer-and-csr-inverted-pedals.54967/ are self explanatory for you guys to figure out.Its a cramped space but I think I have managed it well for the 2 intended purposes.

Last month I decided to move one step more far with immersion adding bass shakers (2 DAYTON pucs) under the seat.Once the Japan holiday are finished and I go back home,I will add one more puc on the back of the seat and one puc under my pedals plate.

All the bass shakers will be driven by a 5.1 amp on the hardware side, and SImhub and VMB for the telemetry tactile effects.
    Tactile feedback has been a fantastic upgrade to my whole simracing experience.

Now my final step (wishful thinking maybe...) is to add motion to my rig.

I had narrowed down my Options to NLV3, Prosimu T1000 3DOF and DOFreality M2 seat mover or H3 rig.

I am pretty much sold on the DOF MS2 after a lot of reading this week between going for a seat mover or a full rig motion, but I am open to suggestions hence my post here on what seems to be the best forum for motion adding.

My 2 main criteria are keeping the footprint of my rig as small as possible but also ensuring mobility so I can switch between TV and triples and also park the rig on one corner of my small Office space.

I understand the DOFreality MS2 has specific mount for my Playseat but I am concerned with packaging constraints due to motors and arms creating possible clash with my DAYTON pucs as well as the amp driving them.

I am also a bit concerned with how the plywood board would cope with the actual motion effects. The 2 caters at the back have brakes but I wonder if that would be sufficient to keep things stable while driving long runs.

Also potentially concerned with the strength of the plywood getting hammered continuously with pitch&roll movements.

I have plenty of other considerations in my head at considering the validity of my initial choice and how to execute it, and I am even thinking a bit ahead with how to add traction loss down the road , although I understand the DOFreality MS2 dont offer that path, but yes this is where my head is at right now.

Its a long post already but basically what I am looking for is users experience who would have gone the same route of adding 2DOF with seat mover only and on a Playseat ideally

thanks so much

Olivier

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Adding fuel through MFD Apr 4, 2019
    Sounds modding Adding a horn Mar 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Any plans for adding COTA to the tracks available? Dec 6, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Adding missing buttons on G29 -> controls.json? Oct 19, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Adding ignition and starter to your controls manually - UPDATE! Sep 12, 2018
    Suggestions Adding Steam cloud save Jan 2, 2018
    Suggestions Adding tire barriers by admin Dec 8, 2017
    Sounds modding Adding sounds to loaned bank? Nov 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Kunos possibly adding F1 cockpit controls? Sep 19, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Swapping out or adding new tyres to a car Jun 23, 2017
    Sounds modding Help adding BOV in Fmod Jun 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Adding DRS to existing mod tracks? May 10, 2017
    Console Lounge Never adding Le Mans? May 2, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Adding Ferrari 412 t2 and making cars engine noise louder in replay mode please :) Apr 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Adding working headlights Feb 15, 2017