1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Adding working headlights

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Sgt.Kanyo, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Sgt.Kanyo

Sgt.Kanyo Gamer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Adding working cockpit gauges Oct 26, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Adding track rotation not working Oct 16, 2014
    General modding discussion Adding objects and materials in 3Dsimed. Apr 7, 2023
    Sounds modding Adding horn sounds to a car Aug 30, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Is there away of adding the Toyota Supra GT4 to the dlc May 27, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Adding Ballast Feb 6, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Adding ballast Jan 28, 2021
    ACC User Interface Adding the possibility to set a start + end for replays before saving Jan 14, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 in game ballast adding Dec 13, 2020
    General modding discussion Adding pitboxes Sep 25, 2020
    General modding discussion Adding a ring to the steering wheel of a car Sep 4, 2020
    ACC User Interface THANK YOU for adding the option to read tire pressures from setup for the pit strategies! Aug 6, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing in menu after adding Fanatec CSL Elite pedals May 19, 2020
    Sounds modding Adding KERS sound in FMod or manually Feb 24, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres adding new parameter to setup.ini - centre diff Dec 14, 2019

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Go on, who's gonna tell him?

I'll be waiting in the one light source shadows.

tkaczorek69, fr13del, nate and 7 others like this.
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I will!

The AC engine only supports one (1) light source. So headlights not possible. Sorry.

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:D

Not me Horus, I just answered a similar question in another thread...

Nice new Muppet, Horus. :p

Orne and Horus like this.
  6. Orne

Orne Alien

Be interesting to get some metrics from Project Cars to determine how many people actually drive at night vs. day. My hunch is its a novelty thing with alot of people. Its more so about wanting it because you don't have it kinda thing. I have driven a bit at night in Project Cars, I much prefer daytime in AC than night in pCArs any day of the week, ha !

Schnipp likes this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

Why not any 'Night' of the week! TUT! :p

p.s. I raced GTR/GTR2/Race/Race07/rF and others over the last twenty years I can count on one hand the amount of night/rain races I have taken part in. Not because I would not take part but they were not fun for 90%+ of the racers. I would like to see it in AC, but meh, I can live without it.

tabis and Mogster like this.
  8. Orne

Orne Alien

Its a challenge for many to race on a sunny day and make it past turn T1 on the first lap, hahaha. I didn't do any night driving in GTR/GTR2. I logged quite a few hours in GT Legends but I dont recall if it had a night time option. Hmmmmmm

Mogster and Horus like this.
  9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

when I do racing I prefer day and clear weather for sure, but when only driving for fun , I actually drive at nigth quite a lot,
    the percentage is maybe 70:30 day:night

10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I usually don't use rain or night myself in other sims, but not because I don't like it, more because I usually forget to change time and weather from the standard settings. But I have to say, those Dusk/Dawn weathers by @peter boese are amazingly pretty and atmospheric, so it sure would be nice to have, but I'm not itching for it.

11. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I use night and rain. Love it.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  12. Warrior4Jah

Warrior4Jah Gamer

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, one headlight on one car should be sufficient, who cares about all the other players? :p :D

14. Warrior4Jah

Warrior4Jah Gamer

You have one very bright headlight in the sky :D

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It have gone so far that Im starting to suspect that alot of people in online servers close their eyes when driving to simulate night. Kunos fix!

16. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...well, to be honest, this thing is spinning around for as far as I remember when AC hit steam :)

As it is said, current engine cannot do that, but now, seeing Kunos is getting a lot of support, maybe there will be some changes in that regard (as weather too). But it is still low on the list, if there is anything like this on the list.

Cheers...

Sgt.Kanyo likes this.
  17. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Night racing has never bothered me but driving in the rain is something I used to always do in GTR2, GP4, RF2 and Project Cars. Driving in the wet is just so much fun. I also prefer driving in the wet in real life and always hope track days are wet.

18. Berry

Berry Alien

Dynamic weather is something I think lots of people would actually use if it's implemented correctly.Even fog, lower temperatures, sketchy cold track surface, etcetera.It's something that I think would a lot of depth to the future iterations of Assetto Corsa (or whatever it's going to be called).Right now these mods are just poor workarounds.

Marco21_SVK, fr13del and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. Horus

Horus Alien

Have you seen the standard of some of those in open servers! My God man it would be a massacre. Open a server with 80% grip, heavy fog and 100% damage on any track and you will see what I mean. I agree that those that take sim racing seriously would be more than happy to race in all manner of conditions, but those with less that avarage skills would see it as a way to cause more mayhem than they do already. Even MR AB server have people that will not let you past with a clean overtake, weaving and all manner of silliness. There would be no hope of getting a good race with bad weather to also take into account.

Yes I would love to see weather/night racing in AC², but I can see me spending a lot more time offline than on as it would be carnage.

20. Berry

Berry Alien

Nonsense, if the community carries over, there will be plenty of good drivers to enjoy those conditions with ;).

21. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

GT Legends had night racing. Nobody liked it. It was a novelty you tried out once or twice for the "wow, this is cool" moment, but in the end nobody ever really utilized it.

I'm sure the devs know that and simply aren't going to waste the time on it. They've got much bigger fish to fry, I'm sure.

Marco21_SVK and nate like this.