1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Advice for headphones/microphone for voice chat?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by B1gy, Dec 15, 2014.

1. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Can anyone give me some advice on buying a headphone / microphone for voice chat?

I would prefer something less invasive (maybe just one ear style earphone, maybe wireless)

Some links to purchase online is also welcome.

Thanks in advance guys.

p.s. ah, also ask for a wireless keyboard (also as small as possible (space issues));)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions PC Rebuild Advice Aug 23, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb g2 v2 !! advice Aug 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality PC newbie - advice please for VR Jun 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series need advice Mar 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Need some advice for VR settings Feb 27, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions VR and GPU pair - Looking for some advice Apr 15, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Pit stop strategy advice (6 hour pro/am team event) Apr 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions need advice? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Physics Advice on fuel and brakes for 90 minute race Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Monitor upgrade advice Nov 30, 2020
    Chit Chat Room BMW M3 GT2 @redbull ring advice wanted Oct 3, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Advice with new PC build Aug 29, 2020

3. Metal

Metal Racer

Gaming one not under 30~ euros and look for a brand with noise canceling.

B1gy likes this.
  4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Do you really need a headset or you just want the mic? Because most of the mics that come on gaming headsets are garbage, and you would be better off with a proper headphone/speakers if you have one already + http://www.modmic.com/collections/frontpage/products/modmic-4-0, and the games will sound good through the quality headphones while ensuring that you will sound good to others through the modmic. And it will be cheaper than buying any of the overpriced "gamer" focused rubbish. :p
    Review by TekSyndicate as well for you.

B1gy likes this.
  5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

6. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Thx @Torcano very interesting information. ;)
    For the headset actually had not considered the idea of the single microphone.
    It would also be better for me, (I already have a small sound system built into the RIG)
    But for what I saw that the wireless link is not right?
    Also it did not feel that he had any "support" to use it without headphones ...
    i'm wrong?

Meanwhile turning a little I had seen these two:
    Auricular
    Trust (you know, "not exceptional") GXT-320
    Approximately € 20

Keyboard
    Rapoo E2700
    Approximately € 30

Some opinion about it?

7. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

B1gy likes this.
  8. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Yes it is not a wireless mic but the cable is over 3 meters long so it should not have any problems trying to reach the PC if it is far away, it can stretch across an entire room. Also you can theoretically stick it to anything, one of my friends stuck it to the hat he wears for holding his TrackIR clip and it works fine for him. You can experiment many ways to stick it to many things from what I hear from people who have it. You could even try clipping it to your shirt's collar with a simple paper clip. :p

Although the best advice to have a good all round experience would be to get a nice headphone like the Audio Technica ATH-m50x which is on amazon for around 140eu + the mod mic you can get from the site as they ship globally and stick it to those, my personal combo and probably the best use of ~180eu equivalent when it comes to a complete gaming+music audio solution.

Also as for the keyboard, I don't have much experience with the wireless ones so I suggest waiting for someone who has more experience on the matter to give an insight as I don't wanna give a wrong or bad opinion. :D

9. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Very kind and exhaustive.
    I will keep in mind your advice.
    But honestly, having to use exclusively, and only for a few (sporadic) chat in races, I was not going to spend more than 40/50 €.

Thank you again for your attention.
    Good things;)

10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

No problem and glad to be of help, I do play a lot of other games where team speak is necessary and I was not willing to sacrifice the quality of the music I listen to by using a gaming headset so for my specific needs the ATH-m50x+modmic combo was perfect and costed the same as any high end gaming headset. And since I won't be replacing either of those in a long time I guess it was kind of a long term investment, LOL. :D

B1gy likes this.
  11. GT1

GT1 Racer

Most gaming headsets are trash. Don't bother. You're better off getting a pair of regular headphones and a separate mic. That can be had for around 40-50usd with great results.

My set up:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OWPV4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029MTMQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very comfortable, fantastic sound, and the mic is a commonly used one by the like of many yt up loaders(Meaning it works very well).

You could spend a lot more with no improvement.

If you insist on a light headset the MS headset works well, doesn't cost much, and has been used by many thousands of MS flight sim users over the years.
    A wireless set is going to cost much more, and have poor sound until you get way over what you want to spend.

B1gy likes this.
  12. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Um ...
    neglect the trust so ...
    But if I should take only the microphone,
    (my problem is that trying to use the built-in microphone notebook, and the external audio system, I have an horrible echo)
    I could avoid this hassle?

Thanks anyway for the advice
    if I can not find any better I guess I'll go on MS ...

13. Metal

Metal Racer

Interesting and i completly disagree with you. Actualy i call your statment regarding "proper" gaming headsets total rubish. I was in professional gaming several years, where every mili second and good communication is vital.

Steelseries and Sennheiser are among top quality. I could say Sennheiser is THE best.

Don't talk such bull****. Some people might get offended by your statment about gaming headphones.

14. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please guys, take it easy. We're speaking about headphones, not first world problems. Thank you.

B1gy likes this.
  15. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I do apologize if that statement was harsh and might have offended you, but sadly it is the truth when it comes to most of the gamer branded stuff that companies put out these days, and the key word being I said "most of the mics that come on gaming headsets" and not all. And I don't consider Sennheiser to be a mainstream gaming brand though, because their top of the line audio equipment is pretty much epic when it comes to sound quality because they know what they are doing, Steel Series makes good peripherals but I have no experience with their headphones. Usual "gamer" branded stuff is just marketing to pull in people that don't know better, best example being Razer with their flashy marketing with a crap end product and you can't exactly deny that.

To be honest the whole "gamer" branding just feels a bit patronizing to me, as a personal experience - I love Corsair products, use corsair cases and fans on both my PCs, love my K70 keyboard which I have been using for a long time and they look professional and sleek, and recently with their whole re-doing of their logo on their "gaming" products to a tramp-stamp because that is what they expect the average gamer to be is just condescending and to be honest I don't agree with how many companies think the same way. I don't have a problem with us being gamers, it is just that majority of gamer branded peripheral market is without a shadow of a doubt a marketing move to add a few extra bucks on the price tag and shove an inferior product out the gates to people who don't know better, and I don't like entertaining or endorsing such silly practices. :p

16. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Sorry, but after so many hours of listening to my friends Senheiser PC360 ****ty static noised mic, I will have to strongly disagree with you...Gaming headsets ARE Crap. Now he has some high end razer headset, guess what SHSHSHS...He says that senheisers sounded better, but could have been way better aswell, after he head some high end Headphones or my headphones to be specific AKG Q701...I have heard pleanty of others like steelseries and such, as soon as it is not a standalone mic, it sounds horrible...There is a guy with a built in laptop mic that I talk to on skype everyone drops the call except him and we are like hello? No more noise...

And after hearing some sounds tests of the mod mic that one is not any better, you can still hear the annoying SHSHSHSHSH...

I'm not saying you should go on and spend 100's on a mic...Just don't go around saying it is good, when in fact it is not...If you are serious about your audio at least in the clean way...Get a mic that doesn't make extra noises...That sounds clean when you speak, rather than keeps on producing shshshshsshs...

The only suggestion I have for buying a mic, find a review on it with sound test and make sure it doesn't make any extra noises.
    For headphones? Depends on how much you are willing to spend...

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I'm using this as a wireless keyboard, and it is easily the best keyboard I ever had in 30 years. Mine came with rechargable Eneloop quality batteries. The keyboard is on for many hours per day, I recharge it every 15-20 days. Self-adapting illumination works extremly good. Very silent and nice feeling keys.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-Illuminated-Keyboard-K800/dp/B0042T7VGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418742128&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech k 800

Should be available for cheaper price, if one looks around. I bought mine years ago at German Amazon.

B1gy likes this.