1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Advice for Paul Ricard

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jordan Watts, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jordan Watts

Jordan Watts Rookie

As the title suggests i'm after advice on how to race on paul Ricard, ive followed a few videos/guides on youtube but i cannot for the life of me get around the Corner at the end of Mistral straight without going wide offtrack in pretty much any car. its virtually impossible to take like anyone else does, i have to brake hard and downshift, and the ai goes flying past... i dont know what i'm doing wrong.. i'm using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. ive tried many different spots to use as braking point but nothing works. any help would be appreciated because i really want to do the 6hr. And no i don't know much about setups.. i just use default mostly, as there's no real good explainations on what everything does/affects.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions PC Rebuild Advice Aug 23, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb g2 v2 !! advice Aug 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality PC newbie - advice please for VR Jun 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series need advice Mar 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Need some advice for VR settings Feb 27, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions VR and GPU pair - Looking for some advice Apr 15, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Pit stop strategy advice (6 hour pro/am team event) Apr 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions need advice? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Physics Advice on fuel and brakes for 90 minute race Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Monitor upgrade advice Nov 30, 2020
    Chit Chat Room BMW M3 GT2 @redbull ring advice wanted Oct 3, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Advice with new PC build Aug 29, 2020

3. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I don't have much help but AI is unrealistically fast there compared to other corners I lose time compared to AI as well. Probably this is just a car / setup issue some cars (Ferrari) are faster there. You should be able to take it in 5 gear though.

f0ff0 likes this.
  4. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

I have no problem taking it in 6th gear, but a little braking (70-80%) needed, the AI can go away with less, so they will be faster every time.

5. Jordan Watts

Jordan Watts Rookie

i have tried all i can think of but i just cant get through that corner with any speed, i don't know what i'm doing wrong... others can do it, why can't I lol

6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Post a video if you can, the approach and turn in should show what's going on, I'm sure plenty will be able to chime in when they see what you're doing.
    Do you know how to make an in-game video?

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I had the same issue. AI seemed to be going through the corner almost flat out and I felt like I couldn't even touch the brakes or I'd be rear ended.

I just had to take it slow and build up to it. The mistake I was making was trying to go fast straight away.

Gopher04 likes this.
  9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, similar to Monza's Parabolica.

Turk and LATE4APEX like this.
  10. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

I had alot of trouble on that corner as well, but it looks like you are in a drastically better place than where I was.
    I'm using a Audi 2019 version.

I watched driver61 youtube on braking and changed my approach.
    What I figured out was that I was braking too late and too much (basically what I normally do). This meant that all the weight was at the front and when i turn the car, the back end gets away since there is no weight on it.

I fixed this by:
    Easing on the brake 70-80% (instead of jumping on at 100%) at 50m marker (same as you do).
    With this I turn releasing the brake to about 30% and change to 5th.
    After the apex (I don't always hit it), I ramp up the power.

Looking at your vid, you are carrying about the same amount or slightly more speed than I do in the corner, so you are alot further along than I am.

Only suggestion is keep eveyrthing the same, but to apply less force on the brake, so more even planed car and able to carry a faster apex speed.
    Motec is the bomb for this as you can do 5-10 laps with different speeds, even a spin-off, etc then check min speed.

As I mentioned, I believe you have a faster apex speed than me, so my advice might be moot.

11. Jordan Watts

Jordan Watts Rookie

sorry, i don't have a video to show. am still trying different techniques but having no luck. just can't work out what i'm doing wrong. i notice most people strart braking/turning at the 50m sign, but for me it just throws me wide and off the track, or i have to slow down way too much

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  12. Jordan Watts

Jordan Watts Rookie

that wasn't my vid, but he's getting through it ok. I'm still trying to get it but its not an easy corner in my experience. I've tried almost every car and none seem to be any easier :( i don't know if its me or my wheel, but it's getting rather frustrating

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Post a video

14. Jordan Watts

Jordan Watts Rookie

i think i may have finally cracked the code, instead of braking at the corner i've been lifting off the throttle, letting it coast through the apex then slowly powering on through the corner without using much/any brakes, have tested on the Audi and the 2015 bentley, so far seems to be working:D will test some more cars. Yes i know it sounds like a noob lol this is my first wheel, so still getting used to it. have always played racing games with a controller.

15. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

I'm sorry for not reading who posted.

The Bentley is very stable in my opinion, but doesn't seem as fast as the audi to me.
    Try at the 75m mark, touching the brakes, not slamming on
    Lift at the 50m mark and turn in
    To start with, after the apex, slowely put power on. IMPORTANT that you do NOT increase steering when putting on power.

Watch a reply and you should be able to take the corner at over 210kph. Also see how much braking you are doing.
    After that, then move braking point closer to 50m mark and don't brake as much.
    In Audi, you need a no brake or throttle part, then put on throttle.

Took me a while to get the feel, but its fun. At 90% AI, they are faster than me through it.

16. Jordan Watts

Jordan Watts Rookie

I have found the way (at least for me) to get through it, with mostly all cars, except for the Lambo, Porsche and Reiter whihc all need a slightly different line/approach. other than that i can get everything though it now at 210+kph.
    you also use alot higher AI than me xD mines set at like 65% just because any much higher and its impossible to beat their lap times for qualifying. Personally i feelk the AI really needs some tweaking. its pretty bad overall, a bit too fast and very prone to ramming me off. all of which is pretty annoying.

17. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

which car u will use for your race...i got a lot setups with 60 liters.

18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I tried a 1 hour race at Paul Ricard in the 2018 Lambo against 100 skill 90 aggro AI and I think the AI needs to be made faster. I can see why the AI can take Signes corner seemingly faster than the human player. 90% of the time I was behind AI on the Mistral straight, gaining a LOT of slipstream, sometimes even hitting 290kph. I had to brake ~10 meters earlier to get rid of that extra speed to get thru the right hander safely. Also dirty air will affect the way you get thru the corner, so keep that in mind aswell.
    The AI don't seem to get any slipstream, so I doubt they get any dirty air (please Kunos fix this). So they can brake later and carry more speed thru the corner. I believe this is where the 'illusion' of AI being faster thru that corner comes from, because without AI in front I can pretty much match their cornering speed.

The AI is pretty fun to drive against on Paul Ricard, but the fact that they don't get any slipstream makes it kinda boring to drive against them. I started from last (33rd) position and made it up to 6th position with 20 minutes left in a 1 hour race. The AI need to get slipstream, because every single time I would overtake AI on the Mistral straight because of the huge speed difference cause by me getting slipstream and the AI not. Please fix Kunos.

19. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

How did you come to the conclusion that AI doesn't get slipstream?!

20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

If you have 4-5 AI in a row and I'm behind them, I'm the only one doing 290kph :p But I will record it to show it.

21. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

In the first clip look at the relative times. The time between the AI stays the same.
    I kinda messed up the 2nd clip because I lifted a bit too much to try and get on the same pace as the BMW I just passed. But you can still see they don't get slipstream. The BMW is doing about the same speed as I'm doing, then around 278-280kph (where a lot of cars max out without slipstream), I start to pull away from him. I even catch up massively to the Lexus in front even tho I lifted a bit on the straight, also after the ~280kph mark.

Lambo AI with slipstream topspeed end of straight:
    upload_2019-12-15_12-27-25.png

My topspeed with slipstream:
    upload_2019-12-15_12-31-26.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    any any and Piret2000 like this.