1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

PHYSICS Aero. I believe I can fly…

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 8, 2018.

1. 775kg (average of what you quoted) @ 250kph = ~2.6Cl. Chris mentioned a very similar Cl (2.7) though did underestimate the subsequent force as pointed out in the post immediately after that it would be closer to 500kg at the speeds Chris mentioned.

Marceline likes this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Insects are awesome:D

4. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

I've one question.
    Does the aero effects the cars all the time, or as in other Sims only at 130kph and higher?
    Mid to high-speed?
    Or in low speed corners like Monza T1?

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't think there are sims that have the aero influence only at 130kph or higher.
    In any way ACC is influenced by aero all the time continuously and not even in linear way everytime. The equations are linear but some cars and some aero features have different influence depending on speed.

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Racer

Hello guys,
    I want want to ask whether what i'm saying is true or not.

• going through eau rouge i feel like cars like audi are bottoming out,so i increased rear ride height by 1mm and stiffen rear arb to avoid rear body roll and keep diffuser stable.Is this logical or correct to stiff rear ARB to maintain diffuser downforce?

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

ARBS do not engage on full vertical motion, only on roll. I would go in that order:
    1. higher wheel rate
    2. stiffer slow bump dampers
    3. higher ride height
    4. less bumpstop window and stiffer bumpstops
    5. ARBS (maybe)

Yossarian and SimGuy_1 like this.
  8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Racer

Nice thanks for info,i never felt such thrill in previous version by going through eau rouge but now idk why it is not as easy as before especially in Audi.

9. Marceline

Marceline Gamer

Is it normal that in aston's rear ride height has almost 0 influence in the front aero variation from 55 to 90 goes from 0.1 to 0.3
    And with max wing goes only up to -1.

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

The Aston has no rear diffuser so probably normal