1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Affordable 3dof Motion sim

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zenta, Sep 21, 2017.

1. zenta

zenta Racer

I finally decided to get a motion sim that's going to be amazing with VR.
    I already found 2 companies that seem to have a valid product:

http://dofreality.com/motion-simulator-overview/

and the pricier one but with only 2dof
    https://www.caniseng.com/shop

The first one is tempting because of the 3dof and the price 1499$ which is very cheap considering other motion sims go above and beyond 5k$.
    While the second one, even tho has 2dof, it seems more robust and powerful when it comes to deliver those g forces, it also looks more mass produced and has a nicer and cleaner design while the first looks more like an experimental thing. Considering shipping and extra parts the dof v3 (first) is going to cost half of what the second one would cost me. I don't mind paying a premium if at the end of the day i get more quality and durability.

Which one you think would deliver a more realistic driving experience?
    Are there other options that cost below 5k$ but offer more than these 2?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Oculus 2 + 3DOF new user Sep 22, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Static to motion moxley's way 2dof to 3dof Nov 3, 2014

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I am curious to understand how it can really be compatible with VR as in VR when your head moves it affects what you see, but yet they recommend the sensor to be mounted not on the motion base.

4. UnclePetey79

UnclePetey79 Gamer

Sensors should always be stationary.
    Having sensors mounted on the motion base would likely introduce issues. There would be no benefit for doing it.

5. hazardic

hazardic Alien

that's mine:D

Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

literally? or you have something similar?

7. hazardic

hazardic Alien

this one from dofreality

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Great! Congratulations.
    What do you think of it, would you recommend it? how is the initial set up? are the motors big enough for a 185 pounds driver?
    This is my next step, I was not so keen to DIY, but the cost for other option is hard to justify for me, but this one might be just what I was hoping for.
    I now drive 100% VR and 95% AC. Do you have any issue, ever, with head movement in relation to the sensor when the rig is moving your body?

9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

• It is based on rigid metal profile frame and can handle not only any heavy Direct Drive wheel, but pilot of up to 330 lbs (150 kg)
    That's from the site.

10. hazardic

hazardic Alien

set up is easy, motors are enough powerful to move even 90 kg driver, people with osw setups maybe will need some reinforcement though.
    for such possibilities and experience the price is good.
    i play only ac now and vr only (whole this damn rig and stuff was boight for it:D) so the only issue u may have is hmd disconnection issues in case of using extensions cables, but this was totally solved for me by using htc vive link box - but obviosly this is not rig related issue:D
    head movement rotation on the tracks with high elevations (e.g. Nordschleife) needs contant adjust by ctrl+space. however i have found i don't need to have a head position tracking ina cockpit so i blocked the sensor by cap and my head is firmly attached to body - so no more weird issues for me

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you for the explanation, about blocking the sensor, what do you mean by "blocked the sensor by cap" not sure to understand.

13. hazardic

hazardic Alien

i've just blocked the sensor to prevent it from registering my head moving position. after this action now i only able to rotate my head (yaw) and do pitch and roll - but the head is fixed to my virtual body

Cote Dazur likes this.