1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ahvenisto, what a brilliant circuit!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Jebus

Jebus Alien

No offence but that's entirely your own problem.

Just because someone has already made some track doesn't mean that we should stop hoping for something better. If modder A can't provide spectacular results but modder B can, it's A's problem if he/she can't handle the facts. Harsh maybe, but I don't sugarcoat things to save someone's feelings. If someone can't handle that, well tough.

2. Orne

Orne Alien

Certainly not my intent. Although I must say just because some prefer Porsches to other cars it shouldn't demotivate those other car makers. Same goes for track builders, Lilski and Fat-Alfie are my favorites although it doesn't mean there aren't other great track builders out there. Elevating some isn't an intentional attempt to diminish others.

I agree, he dropped a great track then vanished. Strange considering the quality.

Jebus likes this.
  3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

QFT

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Poor Fat-Alfie and LilSki has to do every mod track, because they are the best. Be happy that there are more people doing tracks, and especially when they can get above average. Especially with such not widely known circuit like Ahvenisto.

I'd suggest to get back to reality, why not just motivate original modeler to travel an extra mile or two and try to catch them. Instead of this you are being disrespectful and saying: - Thanks, but you are no longer needed, thanks for trying. It is not being true and honest, not sugarcoating feelings and so... it is being unethical. Also you might try to do it better yourself if you really need it so much, it would be OK I think.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  5. Orne

Orne Alien

There is no best. There is only preference.

I'm all for motivating the track creator. I just made a post in the Support section for the track.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Fat-Alfie and LilSki are the best, maybe we could mention other two-four track modders there too. Why no one is wishing Ahvenisto to be made by Simone ? :D

Speaking of LiDAR, I hope in future it would be easily accessible. Whats the accuracy of LiDAR ? I know it is less accurate where are forests and a lot of shadows.

7. Orne

Orne Alien

8. Orne

Orne Alien

Simone is the King in my book, hahaha. I simply never imagined Simone making Ahvenisto. I can't even imagine! He has my vote !

Jebus likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Like Oulton, Brands and other tracks with gradient changes and odd cambers it's a circuit that would benefit the most from a laser scan. Official Ahvenisto, why not heh :D

Actually I've changed my mind a bit. Although plenty of it is narrow and tight the section from T16 to T2 is quite fast providing some side by side action as fast corners onto straights tend to. Interesting little track.

10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

You can suggest what ever you want, but it doesn't make any difference. To me it looks like you're just pissed because noone mentioned you as a great track maker. Unethical!? ROFL!

I've had enough with your whining now and I've said my piece so I'm out.

11. Greetings behind the guardrails!

The most iconic corner and least accurate on mod version of the track. Drivers start taking an approach line into Turn 2 just after pit entry. The T2 including approach should be one extremely long left hander (ver-ry tricky and needs huge balls to use all the track but not taking guardrails from turn-entry with you) but on mod version it's "just a turn". It's a huge dealbreaker when you've driven the real one because the corner should be pure awesomeness.

That's just one of those 3 bigger inaccuracies on the modded version.

Legends race start:

mantasisg 2, Mogster and Jebus like this.
  12. [​IMG]

Sorry for the double post but from this picture it's quite easy to spot the main differences. Elevations are pretty much spot-on.

Turn 1 : Exit tightens which is wrong. The bank is way too close to track outside of T1 exit.
    Turn 2 : Entry messed up. Also there's no grass outside entry.
    Turn 7 : Just a tad too square. Ver-ry little.
    Turn 8 : Very slightly too tight entry. Doesn't have an impact on driving.
    Turn 9 : Way too tight and the crest is slightly mis-placed/shaped. Also the surface on entry is not as smooth as it should be. No extreme cambers there.
    Turn 11 (Final corner) : Kerb missing on apex, track profile a bit too tight.

mantasisg 2 and Jebus like this.
  13. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

How is it possible to get the layout wrong? I understand completely the difficulties involved in getting elevation changes and camber changes accurate, but the basic shape?

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  14. Orne

Orne Alien

The builder did admit to eye balling everything, so its understandable that some things would be off, although I am amazed at how close the elevations are. IMHO he did a perfect job with the track lighting (shaders?) early morning with the sun peaking through the tree line is verrrrry nice.

I am amazed at how many nice older tracks are buried at Race Department. I feel like Indiana Jones finding some of these, hahaha.

fr13del, ZethGAF and Fat-Alfie like this.
  15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

thanks for making the comparison, how about the 60's version?

16. I have to try it again but I didn't like it when I tried some months ago. Also I've no idea is the track profile changed during the years.

ears1991 likes this.
  17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Me too, you have absolutely no respect. And I haven't released a single track, and I have no expectations to be ever mentioned among the great track modelers. Wouldn't have had quoted your post, but it is straight up insulting. I regret carrying too much about others maybe, noooooooooone should care about stupid stuff some people writes in a forum, I guess. Nooooooooooone.

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Great comparison @Nahkamarakatti, it would be great if the creator would pay attention to this, it could really be better flowing. It would be great for him if his layout is still on the spline, or if he has a back up with it on the spline :) He could just move it a bit in X/Y and leave elevations the same.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  19. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Boo hoo, you brought the whole issue up. Get a grip.

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Sorry for this, people. Ignore function has been used, so there will be no more.

Does anybody know anything about creator of this Ahvenisto mod, was it his initiative, is he in this forum ?

@Nahkamarakatti I think it would be excellent if you could post you feedback there, hopefully he'll not answer like Kimi lol
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ahvenisto.123171/