1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI difficulty frustrating

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Moosbert, Aug 26, 2016.

1. mister dog

mister dog Alien

If the OP says easy is not easy enough, he doesn't deserve to get blasted for writing a honest opinion. You can reply he's talking BS once you check out easy on the PS4 yourself, but until that time try to keep it respectful for gods sake...

simbicort, T3RRAF0RM, djm99 and 5 others like this.
  2. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

Well said mister dog, there is a difference in PC and console versions. I am seeing the youtube videos from pc and console versions and the times in career dont add up. I get it game came out 3 days ago and we arent perfect at driving but thats why there is easy, medium and hard, to adjust and practice on it rather than frustrate you where you want to throw the game away.

I posted this on the ps4 section. I started Novice mode yesterday, the 2nd career mode where you have the alpha romeo race. I came 2nd on easy mode, 1st place was over 12secs ahead of me beating me by 2 seconds every lap and this was after so many retries where I did not spin out, did not hit the grass etc I could not catch up to him at all. 3rd place was over 15secs behind me, how is that an accurate AI where 1st is 12 secs and 3rd place is over 30secs behind? All this on easy mode not hard mode that car does not fly so when you are breaking its not like the super cars where speeds vary in bends to 30kmh, its the basic norvice cars where a speed will vary less than 10km per bend against the AI. I have practiced with the super cars even and its so hard to beat and even get 1 clean lap with a pad you cant stay on the tarmac unless you really slow down and by then the AI has shaved more seconds and gotten further away from you the AI just sticks while you bounce around the bends with or without driving aids.

3. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I'm sure it's pretty easy for Kunos to time the AI's pace on all the different difficulty settings. If the AI really is only a couple of seconds slower on easy than it is on alien you are raising a valid point.

4. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

I can't win one race in first part of the campaign. Driving fwd car against BMW m3 on a twisted track is impossible.

djm99 likes this.
  5. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

Im upto that career mode with the BMW, getting the time trail points gold medal was a piece of cake first attempt but playing career mode, I cant get beyond 4th place. Hopefully a patch to adjust the AI driver will be good along with controls of some cars as some feel kinda tough to use on a track.

djm99 likes this.
  6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

It's good to hear you're moving along in the career but please don't expect to finish the career mode anytime soon, it takes a very long time to master even one track let alone master all the cars you have to drive with in the career.
    If you can't get past 4th place 48 hours after release and are calling for the AI to essentially be made easier then you're playing AC all wrong. It's going to take time, a lot of time, even more with a controller to eventually win everything with AI @ 100%.
    I'm currently racing the AI on 98%-100% on the PC and I've had to put in a lot of practice to get to the point where not only can I keep up but I can compete very well at that level.

You've gone in with the wrong attitude, it hasn't even been 48 hours and you can't be asking to "nerf" the AI because I can 100% tell you that you haven't put in enough time to compete at the higher end.

To anyone who thinks 2-3 seconds in lap time isn't much then I would also suggest you rethink that. If you put the AI on the lowest and you can't keep up then you need to go practice more. Once you can keep up and win then it's not that much of a difference but to gain 2-3 seconds it actually fairly hard.

Here just for fun go take the Tatuus FA01 out on Imola. Do a 1:46:00 or better time with Pro settings and no stability control. (SC is a fake assist, not the real SC you would find in a car). I'd like to hear what times you are getting on console.

7. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

My suggestion is to forget about racing for a moment. Take a car that you'd like to drive out on the track by yourself - Practice or Hot Lap Mode - and just drive. The reason you're spinning out and the wheels feel like butter to you is because this is a lot more realistic than games like GT6 or Forza. I'm not knocking those games, but these are the simple facts. GT6, for instance, will put Sport Soft tires on cars that should come with Comfort Hard levels of longitudinal & latitudinal grip. When you get so used to incredible amounts of grip like that, you think anything less (like what Sims provide) is wrong, but it's not.

This isn't a knock against you or your driving skills. It's just going to take a little time to adjust. I know because I came from playing GT6 every single day of the year to Assetto Corsa and I quickly realized I was not used to tires with realistic levels of grip. Also, you've got to be easy with your gas pedals and brake pedals (buttons for you controller users). If you just mash full throttle coming out of turns, you most likely will spin out. And that's exactly what would happen in a real supercar. You will actually post better lap times if you start letting off the gas and braking a little earlier, rolling through the turns smoothly and applying throttle smoothly on the way out. All that full throttle stuff will not work until you are really, really in tune with how these cars behave.

We all went through this learning curve. It's not just you. We all had to learn to stop "over driving" our cars. I promise, if you just take a few days to just drive by yourself...that way you're not concerned with beating other AI drivers or having them in your way or whatever. If you put in some solo practice you will start feeling exactly what I'm talking about. The same thing goes for braking. If you just slam on the brake button and hold it down, if that car wasn't perfectly balanced before hand, its going to get a lot more unbalanced now. Anyway...just give it a couple of days getting used to how cars feel in Assetto Corsa. It's earned a stellar reputation among car manufacturers like Ferrari & Porsche for a reason. Good luck!!

Typer, OldGeezerGamer, djm99 and 4 others like this.
  8. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Yeah I would agree I think too many are going in racing with AI at very high levels.
    You need to practice a lot and you will know when you're improving not because you're getting faster but also because each lap is almost the same time as the previous.
    Putting in a super fast lap once isn't the goal here, the goal is to reach a consistent lap time and then work from there.

I think my first two weeks with AC were horrible until I figured out a few things, one of them is sense of speed. It sometimes might feel like you're going slow but you're really doing 160km/h through corners and once you figure out to slow down because hardly any car could handle it you will start putting in faster lap times.

Also look for markers on the road or along the side of the track. Count 1, 2 after the 100m board to start putting in consistent times. Every track has markers, even use shadows as your marker if you need to, but one thing with racing is reaching consistency, with your braking, accelerating, the way you take each corner and repeat over and over and over and over. :)

A few great cars to learn in I would say are the KTM/ Lotus 2 11 or Tatuus FA01. Try it and just go easy slowly push once you get more confidence.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I think I'm coming up on my 40th week and I'm still horrible! :( I'll never be an Alien, and I'm totally fine with that. My biggest problem, well at least one of the biggest, is consistency. Just like you said @Rudski the key is to put consistent lap times down, lap after lap after lap. I always have that one or two laps where I totally blow a braking zone and it's plow city. Or, I try to be a hero at a hairpin type of corner and next thing I know I'm spinning like a top.

I haven't been able to play AC in like 10 days because I destroyed my DFGT, but I have been able to borrow a friend's DFGT for now and earlier tonight I took my F40 out to Nordschleife Tourist using Green/ 20 degrees /Street Tires at 8:30am...this was a recommended car/track combo Michael H. suggested. I drive the F40 on streets ALL the time. I rarely use Semi's with the F40. Anyway, I swear to God, I had to restart 6-7 times before I even got to Aremberg. I just kept crashing over and over. Usually I'd hit the lawn with a rear tire and go Weeeeee! into a wall.

This type of thing happens when you're trying to push a temperamental twin turbo rocket on 1990's street tires and they're not even warm yet. I had tire blankets off. I'm going back out for more punishment. Good luck everyone!

MBK72 likes this.
  10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone! Firstly, PLEASE refrain from getting argumentative towards one another. That's the last thing we want! :( Thanks for the feedback, from everyone... We will pass this onto the team!

11. Siekier

Siekier Rookie

Guys. Check your pad settings. The throttle is not 100℅ thats why they drive around you.

via Xiaomi Mi5 ver Karramba!!

12. I agree the AI is to difficult. I usually play racing games like GT, Forza and Project Cars with higher difficulty settings but in AC there are races I simply cannot beat.

I'm playing with a controller and I don't think I can play through the career.

Dirt Rally also has a very hard AI but because of the way the career works you can still advance even if you don't finish with a podium place.

An easy difficulty setting should be easy.

Driving in AC is difficult as it is.

13. gregack

gregack Racer

I can understand you in some way. It is really a huge step from a simcade game like GT to a pure sime like AC.
    My advice is to just practice a while. Believe me, you will "unlearn" the arcade/simcade physics you are used to sooner or later. After a while you will crave AC (at least with proper sim-equipment). :)

Ace Pumpkin, Schnipp and eSEA One like this.
  14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Most games i play on medium difficulty or just above, like pCARS i started at 60% ai and now i play it at 75%.
    AC i can win races at easy and at medium i'm at the middle of the pack, sometimes top 3. While this is ok with me i really can understand a lot of people have difficulties with the ai even on easy.
    So it would be great to see another difficulty level below easy so everybody can enjoy this game. And this has nothing to do with "learn to drive".

mister dog likes this.
  15. Moosbert

Moosbert Rookie

I tried to follow your advice and practice a bit and now i think the problem is not only the AI but the gamepad support. I was understeering every corner because the steering feels like full or nothing. Instinctly i slowed down then but opening the steering a bit helps more. The steering is so sensitive that micrometers of movement of my thumb decide if i get a corner or not. Now its clear why its so much easier with a wheel.

16. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

In career mode when doing time without Ai drivers I can score 4500 or more with 3000 for gold needed and 6000 with 4000 needed, but some races Ai is just way faster than me. It seems a bit inconsistent.

djm99 likes this.
  17. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

You do realise we have analogue triggers these days don't you? Not buttons lol.

18. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

you are going too fast and over steering the car. The pad support is the best I can remember. It's stable and accurate yet you can still hustle the car into a corner if you go in a little hot. It's brilliant.

Do you roll the stick? Push the stick forward at all times and then Roll it left to right. Takes some getting used to but is by far the best way to drive smoothly.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. ChauMing803

ChauMing803 Rookie

Another thing I as a PS4 owner would like to address is that the ai are being a bit too aggressive in some places (or is that they still tend to follow only one line?). Like today I was having a quick race on Monza with Huracan GT3 with 7 opponents on hard difficulty. I wasn't having a good time due to constantly getting bumped by the car behind at the first two corners for half an hour. I'm not outstanding by any means, yet getting spun out from being bumped in the back imo shouldn't be allowed (at least for the ai). It's like they must go above a certain speed, even though in front of them are a pack of cars...Worsestill, they don't seem to suffer from penalties, and they can ram you off and then overtake you. These made the race quite unpleasant (and I don't even have many friends that have PS4, let alone into racing games...)

20. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

The ai compared to pcars are saints lol

OldGeezerGamer and mister dog like this.