1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI difficulty frustrating

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Moosbert, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Lol, wtf did I read? can you be any more random than that?

But fear not, you feedback will be given the consideration it deserves.

GTP likes this.
  2. GTP

GTP Rookie

What I feared come true, random ? and the language please, that was not expected at all. I can be very specific on each question if you wish. Maybe I should PM you instead ?

It's not feedback, but questions and suggestion to try those tests as I'm keen to hear your thoughts as you are one of the dev.

I asked my mate to test his PS4 AC with wheel, and his impression is what I wrote.

At least please could you do the burnout test and answer these: What type of LSD is fitted on the Mazda MX5 ND in AC ? Does high caster like in E30 BMW M3 Gr A simulated via steering self centering and tire self aligning torque ?

3. please don't. I really don't have time for this.
    From what you post you look like the typical user that reads a lot of magazine, learn a lot of technical terms without a real understanding of what they mean and then goes into a rapid fire trying to use as many as possible in the same sentence.

I'll quickly reply to your questions but I have no interest (and time) to explain how these things work to you. Perhaps, in time, I'll see what you post and perhaps will decide to engage you once you prove you're not firing terms random to get attention... but don't expect much more right now.

To answer your question, in AC LSD are simulated with as "clutch pack" differentials and we don't have Torsens yet because no reasonable literature (one needed to properly simulate the thing) has been published yet (to my knowledge).
    The other questions about caster and SAT are pretty weird, also the part where the load comes in is super weird.
    The quick answer is that AC physics engine calculates steering torque from, obviously, both SAT and suspension geometry.. so it automatically includes not only effect due to caster but also due to lateral offset and longitudinal forces interactions.

You said "SAT and camber effects are lacking".. how are they lacking? Do you have graphs that show steer torques for a car included in AC compared to graphs from AC that you would like to share? "Lacking" means nothing when it comes to simulators if not "missing".. if you think they are "missing" so where do you think the forces on your wheel come from?

anyway.. I am trying to read again what you wrote and can't make any sense out of it.. so I'll just stop here and postpone this to a better time... my experience tells me this is going nowhere.

LATE4APEX, tlsmikey, Kade and 2 others like this.
  4. GTP

GTP Rookie

That's too bad, anyway thanks for sparing time at least to reply.
    So AC only have LSD simulated as clutch pack, thanks.
    For SAT and self centering/caster, easiest to see when drifting, letting go the wheel as you countersteer, no need for graph to test. I got curious as I see many AC videos showing steering wheel play while drifting, and drivers tend to guide the wheel most of the time.
    My request is this if you are keen to try yourself with a real car and in AC, do a donut/burnout, steer full lock to initiate donut, as the car turn/spin, let go the steering, or on skidpad, accelerate while turning until the rear start to step out, let go of the wheel as the car oversteer.

This will be my last post on this, sorry if I offend or annoyed you. Cheers.

5. I guess you'll have to look for more vids of this. I just had a look at some of the first hits for a "Assetto Corsa Drifting" on youtube and it's easy to see most of the time the driver just releasing the steer to let it rotate by itself. So I really don't know what you are on here. Plus, one of the KS dev is actually now a drift instructor in RL and guess how did he learn?

My only explanation for you is that your wheel is either broken or not properly configured because you are complaining about one of the things that is better implemented in AC.. just like the guy before you complaining about tyres. I would say that the vast majority of the dev time in AC was spent to make car and steer realistic over the limit.

So yap.. sorry if I will trust my colleagues that I've been working with for 15 years more than you, internet stranger on a console section of a forum, but nevertheless, thank you for reporting your experience, we'll happily agree to disagree.

6. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

A day or two of customer care and social behaviour wouldn't have hurt during those 15 years of career. I personally treat paying customers and associates with a bit more respect, even if I know I am right and they are wrong.

- the guy complaining about the tyres

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Edit: nvm

8. The Hooligan

The Hooligan Rookie

Thanks. Very mature.

- Hool

9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Meh, people just need to grow a thicker skin.

The amount of **** devs needs to read here, it's actually amazing they don't go properly ballistic.

LATE4APEX and TDS like this.
  10. good for you.
    Personally I don't, I tell people exactly what I think. Some take it like men, some don't.. I could not care less either ways.

tlsmikey, Warren Newman, Eero and 6 others like this.
  11. With that in mind, with all due respect you appear to be a bigger dickhead than I first imagined. For someone who tells it like it is you really don't like it when someone returns the favour.

Perhaps you are feeling a bit salty because it's not easy being 505's puppet.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Redxbcoupe, GTP and Mike_GrpA like this.
  12. Mike_GrpA

Mike_GrpA Rookie

So when a customer has a legitimate question, complaint, or just constructive criticism of your product, you be an arrogant dickhead to him, acting like a bloody child, and expect said customer to "take it like a man". **** me, you're worse than Ian Bell.

Redxbcoupe and GTP like this.
  13. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

Just to let you know you're not alone on this. I have been battling FFB settings to try and quell this as much as possible.
    Sliding got better with V1.03 but I still get into the occasional tank slapper/spin if it steps out too much. The rest of handling is excellent when it comes to understeer and grip and I can tolerate some minor oversteer. But the wheel definitely needs more guiding than expected during and completing slides.

GTP likes this.
  14. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Cool story bro. I'm sure LK is devastated because of your view of him.

LATE4APEX and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  15. :p

16. StarChild-_-

StarChild-_- Rookie

I guess an avalanche of comments such as the ones all over this thread was well within the foresight of the marketing division when they took the decision to open up this beautiful and blisteringly realistic simulation engine to the console audience.A good portion of the console newcomers will think this is yet another driving game...

17. Protomorph

Protomorph Rookie

Hold on please. Im a ps4 player and I want a challanging ai. In fact its the first thing I research when buying a new game its the ai and I wont buy if its too easy. As a former racer like many players I want the ai to make me last if they can. Im on you that there are players who dont appreciate the sport and want to win every race (and there are some of them on this forum yes) but its a fact both on consoles and pc. The problem with you saying that is the devs can read it and make the game rubish like gran turismo for consoles, ruinning the experience for the players that know the drill, and I can assure you that there are a lot on ps4 and what you are saying is not true.

18. Marek R.

Marek R. Rookie

i think its almost in every game and also on this sim. For example ive made the experience many of people these days are not able to take criticism. 1st whatever sim or not realistic doesnt has to be hard to play. I personally started since 2 weeks to play sims like AC and ACC and i play for fun and joy. I think some people have to realize not every one plays sim racing games to be the next e-sport champion. And even when i race with the AI and am at the finish line on P2 then for me what matters is that i gave all i had and had some damn good wheel to wheel battles.

19. I am also struggling with the AI on Hard. I cannot get past the Novice Quick race in Vallelunga. The Abarth 500 EsseEsse feels much slower than the bot ones. I try to keep a clean racing line and to hit the apexes.

I play on a PlayStation 4 controller and have all assists off apart from gears, throttle and blip. I am not going to buy a wheel!

Any ideas or suggestions for a more competitive setup than arriving on P4 on my best day... Very frustrated here and about to uninstall the game like I did with Project Cars. Whoever designed the AI should change their job!

Cheers!

20. Right, today I did the 1st Novice series quick race on medium difficulty out of curiosity, in order to compare the lap times. As I feared, this game was ported and beta tested by monkeys, with all due respect for the monkeys.

Basically, a waste of money and time!

Assetto Corsa Competizione, forget about it!