1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI difficulty frustrating

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Moosbert, Aug 26, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is a reason that PC players shouldnt be allowed to post in the console section. The elitism makes me sick.

lisanorm likes this.
  2. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

Which reason? Just asking.

3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Thank you.

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It took me several weeks to beat the easiest AI on PC when I got the sim. (On PC it's a bit different, we have a slider with 20 different AI levels... 80-100%)

I couldn't keep up with the easiest of them, for a long time. I didn't know the tracks, I pushed the cars too hard in all the wrong spots, didn't have a clue about heal & toe, braking points or techniques, barely could counter steer and I lost the car every time I entered a slide, even after driving years and years of commuting traffic in a real car (not much counter steer used there).

Then I learned the tracks, how to take apex, counter steer, use the kerbs, braking points, and slowly started to gain time. But after 600+ hours of this game, I still can't beat the AI on 100% difficulty. It's a hard game, made for people who can really drive. Think it as Dark Souls of racing games, and be patient :)

When I got the game I thought "WTF is this, why doesn't this game have difficulty for beginners?" and actually made a forum post complaining about it, probably my first post on this forum :D But later the easiest AI started to feel like a joke...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Because they making fun of issues that console players have and if someone making a thread that he thinks AI is to hard, he shouldnt get shot down in the way he does. Easy is supposed to be at least possible to beat. Bringing up other games doesnt help OP what so ever. Even ISR said that AI was hard on easy, and John Sabol have a lot of hours into both pc games and console games + he was driving with a wheel.

If only true hardcore players are allowed to vent their opinions there should be a warning on the case the game comes with.

lisanorm, mister dog and TXC_IJOJOI like this.
  6. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

Ah right, yeah. Noticed this last night. Got called an arcade fan boy for posting a video of an issue with chase cam on. Lol. Not that i actually use it. They would rather ridicule than be helpful or understanding.

For me pc gaming is very elitist and tbh.... Maybe a little sad.' ;-)

The amount they spend on their rigs they could have spent towards real life racing..... Like myself.

Tomcul likes this.
  7. StrakkaR11

StrakkaR11 Rookie

IMO there is an issue with the difficulty if not certain career events. The races with the alfa with the e30 in it and the e30 race on nurburgring don't seem to be balanced properly.

I think the e30 m3 race is worse as it is impossible to keep up with the e92 and 1m cars that you are against. Even the ai in other e30s can't keep up and drop off a hell of a lot.

Otherwise i am enjoying the game a hell of a lot with my fav config being the alfa touring car around vallelunga

8. FordGuy

FordGuy Rookie

The problem with AC on consoles is that the difficulty level seems inconsistent. On some events I'm getting Gold very easily, but on others I'm struggling to get Bronze even with the AI difficulty set on Easy. We just want a consistent level of challenge.

lisanorm and edu27 like this.
  9. Easy means that something is achievable without much effort.

This isn't the case with the easy difficulty in AC.

Reading personal success stories in this thread is fun but they don't excuse the difficulty of the game which is far too hard on the lower settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  10. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Yeah, I'm a decent racer, but I can't even get a podium on easy.

11. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

I managed to overtake them, but each time my car suddenly went off road or I got hit by another one and off road again...

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you getting off track rejoin the track gently like you would have done against real drivers (if you not doing it already that is) :)

13. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Just read the thread from the start and the way the OP was pounced on is pretty grim. There does seem to be a genuine issue with some of the career races.

I thought changing the gearing might help, but it's greyed out for some reason. I've been using factory ABS and TC, turning those off might gain me a bit, but I can't see me catching the leaders.

lisanorm and Andy-R like this.
  14. breyzipp

breyzipp Gamer

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i've never tried AC with a pad so don't know if this is good advice but factory TC in the road cars atleast will be slower than no TC. i guess if you have a very small amount of movement between 0 & 100% throttle (as with a pad) it might be best to leave it on. maybe try both and see.

Fat-Alfie and mister dog like this.
  16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

The cars that have gearing adjustment IRL have it in AC. Road cars have generally much less setup options, with fixed gear ratios. Because you can't adjust them IRL either.

In road cars going for maximum (or close) negative camber, and lowering tyre pressure might help. The default setup is meant for road, not tracks. Just like in real life.. road cars come from factory with settings where safety is the concern, not going quickly around a circuit. Race cars have much more negative camber in their default setup already. So to get best out of them, you have to tweak setup. AI uses the factory settings, though. They will however change the optimal tyres for a given race length.

mister dog and Birdorf like this.
  17. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

This post is a statement not a complaint or PC vs Console bashing . I am on PC with a wheel, I also have struggle with some events and career levels. More recently I have started working my way through the special events from the simplest cars and oldies to the more difficult ones and gradually the ones that I have had problems with I am now able to achieve. Another thing I tend to stick to a particular car and track instead of flittering around on multiple cars and tracks.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  18. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

I'm using a T150 and I normally do switch TC off, but I thought since there is a factory setting I'll use that to experience the cars as nature intended. I'll try it off next time I play, but as I said, I doubt it'll make that much difference.

Also, that explains it then, ShredatorFIN, thanks.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

regarding tyre pressure maybe the PC community or Kunos can provide a list of optimum pressure for each car and compound as i don't think console guys will have access to that information like we do

20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

On PC some cars have several different settings for the TC that behave differently.
    I think 458 Italia is one of the street cars that have it.
    Does the console version also have this feature?

PS: Yes, 458 Italia has adjustable TC. Off plus 4 different settings.