1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI is so much better than original AC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by tlsmikey, Dec 1, 2018.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

How much fun a game is in singlelayer doesn't depend entirely on the gameplay and AI though, its a bit like in a shooter or RPG, where you have a storymode campaign and a world is alive to a certain degree that offer a longterm goal and a story and characters that make you care.
    The storymode could translate in a interestingly designed career - so not like current and past sims - a world feeling alive by just making races feel like real races, so instead of deserted track with a few pitcrew robots, you could experience a real race with crowds etc. and especilly a team you can relate to, like a good actor for the radio communication and part of the pitcrew appear more like human beings.
    Could be worth a few less polys on the cars and scratching something like clowds casting shadows or other effects not changing much regarding immersion. Only examples Im aware of that get both things somewhat right are the F1 games and maybe the older DTM race driver games.
    In AC: Surely I don't bother with the career or really feel immersed.

Now add a really good AI and there is a game worth 50€ for the singleplayer.
    Multiplayer is far more rewarding gameplaywise, but I never played an actiongame online that felt really immersive.
    If the offline experience depends entirely on the gameplay and AI its definitly rather meh and its harder to argue that its worthwile.

Edit: There are of course still many advantages of AI racing, like deciding when you race, which cars, tracks etc., but the rating system could improve big disadvantages of online racing, like big differences regarding skill and people ruin the race intentionally or by being bad (->better race offline). So overall public servers could be worth a try and you don't depend on a league.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

In AC I use the AI as a "sparring partner" for when I am preparing for a multiplayer race. I find the AI in AC to be a lot of fun as "traffic" on the track but not much more, as they still behave in silly ways, like giving you too much room when you're close to them and crashing out as a consequence, or slowing down when you just want to let them pass, or running out of fuel and in general having completely wrong pit strategies. The formula that works in AC is 1) use AI for training 2) use SRS or a league for actual racing. I am waiting for ACC to have multiplayer races before I buy it, because I expect a similar situation with the AI. Having said that, an AI without the above issues would be awesome.

Also, I would love to have AI cars in multiplayer! AI cars in multiplayer just solve the problem of servers with few people on. You can race with another 3-4 people and still feel you're doing a proper race.

3. V4p1n6Skull

V4p1n6Skull Rookie

Hi there,
    IMHO the AI has to be more work on.....
    What i mean is, the ram your car like Crash Kids. The best place to see this , is the Warmup Round. Drive at first or third place in the warmup on Nuerburgring.
    They ram like hell into your car for nothing.....They drive like Kids on there first Race on official Streets.
    OK for Multiplayer is it irrelevant, but for the Carrear ? Hmm hopefully Kunos will do something on that.