1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

AI pace comparison

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stephen_b, May 6, 2019.

1. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Public holiday here in the UK so with time on my hands decided to see which were my good and bad tracks relative to the AI. All times were set in a 10m qualifying session. If I didn't set a representative time I restarted and tried again. I was driving the Lambo on the safe pre set with some tweaks specific to qualifying, low fuel, most powerful fuel map, slightly lower ride height etc.

Weather: Clear, 27c | Track: Optimun | AI: Skill 100, Aggression 50

Paul Ricard
    Pole: 1:54:069 BMW
    31st: 1:56:436 Me
    Diff: +2.07%

Zolder
    Pole: 1:30:711 Me
    2nd: 1:31:365 Lambo
    Diff: -0.71%

Monza
    Pole: 1:48:063 Lambo
    16th: 1:49:710 Me
    Diff: +1.52%

Misano
    Pole: 1:34:245 BMW
    26th: 1:36:063 Me
    Diff: +1.92%

Hungaroring
    Pole: 1:44:373 BMW
    26th: 1:46:671 Me
    Diff: +2.20%

Nurburgring
    Pole: 1:53:895 Lambo
    27th: 1:56:643 Me
    Diff: +2.41%

Pretty consistent with my pace differential to the AI varying by no more than 1% bar Zolder where it appears the AI are unusually slow. Paul Ricard is where I feel most at sea, my line is completely different to the AI in the last sector, yet suprisingly it is not my worst track. Maybe I'll repeat this in wet conditions, suspect the gap would go up substantially based on what I've seen of the AI thus far in the wet!

Anyone out there got a bogey track they just can't get the hang of?

Poguinhas and Krunky like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ferrari 250 GTO pace, real life laptimes comparisons Sep 20, 2017
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Results of Season 16 sessions don't appear under Driver/Pace Rating Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Pace rating broken? May 15, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards PACE not update at Silverstone NSX Jan 2, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Pace rating drop from 87 to 71 ACC 1.2 Dec 22, 2019
    ACC Physics Request to help me improve my pace with Motec data Dec 9, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI pace dry vs wet conditions v1.1.2 Oct 30, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI pace totally imbalanced dry vs. wet 1.0.9 Sep 17, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI pace anomalies after save Aug 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How to tell where you are in pace? Per track evaluation Jul 9, 2019
    ACC Physics NSX drives great but off the pace? Jun 25, 2019
    ACC Physics Group National pace at Spa Jun 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Pit space seems not to be an issue at Spa May 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI pace in rainy conditions May 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What is your overall pace in a race? May 8, 2019

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I think the comparison would be better if you did it against the world record, since it would be a more consistent benchmark. But I think it is consistently a second off apart from Zolder, there it is way off pace.