1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI path issues and how do I create an ai hints file ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Created an AI path for the Barber track that Rigel is working on. Drove several laps in the Audi S1, ran a practice race against other AI driving the same car, everything was fine.

I then switched to the Carrera S, the AI as well and they make one lap with no problems,, next lap they over shoot T1 and pile up in the sand pit. Is this where an ai hints file is needed to make the faster cars brake earlier?

Rigel likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting writes to me Access to the path and is dened who can help my Apr 28, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds access to the path "default.ini" denied Dec 3, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting save does not work when there are cyrillic characters in the path to the save folder Mar 23, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes sys.path.append error May 5, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #118 – Mechanical symphony without mechanical sympathy Mar 3, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Access tto the path is denied Sep 24, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ASSETTO CORSA AI PATH RECORDING FOR RALLY TRACKS Sep 3, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ASSETTO CORSA AI PATH BREAKS OR GAPS Jan 20, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Access to the path....denied Dec 12, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Access to path ?? is denied Sep 27, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Access path to 'd\Users\leemi_000\Documents\Assetto Corsa\\cfg\controls.ini' is denied Sep 24, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Access to path error Sep 10, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues acserver results path Sep 1, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa could not find a part of the path? Aug 7, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes ERROR LOADING MODULE :sys.path.append('apps/python/appname') Mar 3, 2016

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

4. mms

mms Alien

I don't think AI hint files could help you here, this could be similar to the issue on the Mt. Tremblant track.

I could take a look, PM me with info where can I get the track from...

5. Orne

Orne Alien

I think I sorted it out.. found this video. Have to find the PoT numbers to determine where the AI should slow down, input those into Hints file. Nope that didnt work.. Hmmm

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  6. mms

mms Alien

Good luck, but as I said, I don't think the hint file will help you...

7. Orne

Orne Alien

8. Orne

Orne Alien

You were right. The AI never lift when approaching T1, even after creating the Hints file.

9. mms

mms Alien

We'll try to sort this out by PM's, if it works you can share the solution here...

10. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Simracer

Would like to know if there is a solution too, mms, as there are issues with several cars at Mont Tremblant again, though not the area you previously helped with. Lots of cars are not willing to turn at Namerow hairpin now.

11. mms

mms Alien

Let me know which cars and I'll take a look. But I think Orne has the same problem you initially had with T1.

12. Orne

Orne Alien

Weeeeeeeeee

13. mms

mms Alien

LOL, that looks like the same thing. Did you get my PM?

14. Orne

Orne Alien

Rigel repositioned the S/F line to where it is on the real track. AI now take T1 with no issues. I wish I had 3D modeling skills!

mms likes this.
  15. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Simracer

Just a few of the cars that don't make it around the Namerow corner, too many to test...

@ full circuit
    - Alfa Romeo 4C
    - Audi TT Cup
    - Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    - Lotus Exige 240R

and a couple cars that do make the corner:
    - BMW M3 E30
    - Ferrari 458 S3

Glad to hear Orne's issue is solved, nice work ;)

16. mms

mms Alien

In your case the issue is how the track goes uphill then downhill just before the sharp turn. The AI does not realize that it will loose too much grip by the car getting light.

In this case you have to use the ai_hints.ini file to let them know they cannot take the corner @100%. Another issue is that your line is turning in too late in that corner...

Attached you find the file, I also included a slightly better AI line, but I'll have to do more tests to see it fits more cars.

Attached Files:

TwoHardCore likes this.
  17. mms

mms Alien

Ok, here's another try, I figured out that BRAKEHINT works better in this case. Here's a post from Stefano explaining these hints:

There's also another one, but it might not be useful:
    MAXSPEED_x for limiting the maximum speed.

Here's a an example with all these hints:

Attached Files:

TwoHardCore likes this.
  18. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Simracer

I just had a race using the Porsche 911 RSR and your fixes, it was AWESOME! Nice AI line and thanks for teaching me again ;) It's much more fun racing cars that will drive the entire lap instead of 99% of it :D. Now I'll do the same for the North track so I can race the AI there too. Thanks again mms!

mms likes this.