1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

ai('s) in endurance races

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by plaid, Jul 30, 2019.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

@Lord Kunos
    First: i don't own the game yet, so i couldn't Test it myself.
    But In few Threads/posts People wrote that the ai struggles with overlapping in Long/endurance races.*

I would Be interested how likely it is to work in acc in the Future/if its a goal and also - considering that it only Seem to work in rfactor2 (Couldnt Test that, too) - how realistic it is to expect a ai to ever Be competitive in General from someone who Knows what he Talks about.
    Competitive means that they Not only "sometimes overlap a car", but can Keep Up with a decent player, so he doesnt automaticly win in a multiple Hour Race.
    I think that this and a efficent pitstrategy is important to make it Really enjoyable to do those races offline. which i learned from pcars2 that fails with both, so its fun... Until you and the ai Start to overtake the backenders.

Anyway, it would Be Really Great to experience that in a Sim!
    Thank you.

*people suggested to Remove the gallardo, too, cause it Often makes that problem happen sooner.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Endurance Pit Stop Fuel Bug Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting No driver swap in endurance possible (custom championship) Aug 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Bug After Re-loading Saved Game in Endurance Race Aug 5, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Endurance Championship Jul 30, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Multi server team endurance event with open sign-ups on our website Jul 25, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Endurance GT3 World Series by Ciracesonline.it Jul 22, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Career-Endurance Rules - Questions Jul 22, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Pit stop rules and timing (Sprint vs Endurance race) Jul 9, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting SP - 1st Monza Endurance - Can't switch driver Jul 8, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room OSRWcom League 15y in simracing - Blancpain GT World Endurance and Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup Jun 17, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error after Monza endurance race - Championship mode Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Backmarkers defeat the purpose of Endurance racing Jun 14, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career Mode Endurance Race Problem Jun 12, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Monza bug/issue collection, Endurance event 3h Jun 6, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Blancpain real size grids endurance Jun 2, 2019

3. m_box97

m_box97 Racer

I guess you are taking about ACC and not AC (in this case you are posting in the wrong section).
    Yes at the moment it takes ages for a car to overlap, especially on some tracks but regarding the competitiveness I really appreciate that in ACC the AI drivers have different skill levels depending on the real life performance (quite important in a series where multiple drivers drive the same car during an event). If you get the correct level of difficulty it's predictable and consistent.

4. plaid

plaid Alien

Oh no!... Thats a first. :oops: Well thank you for pointing it out.