1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

AI thoughts (skill & aggressiveness @ 100)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Jarkko Torvinen

Jarkko Torvinen Simracer

AI does perfect pit stop: braking into speed limit line, stopping into pitbox, exiting. I dont think its that much faster, as Ive managed to do almost similar times with the AI, but you need to align your self perfectly to your pit box and stop on right place. Otherwise you see your car moving to correct position before lifting up for tyre change, that can take lot of time.

2. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Forgive me again: I would like more variation between each ai driver' s skill, once a certain amount of ai skill is set, otherwise there could be a slider to set the amount of variation allowed......

Nev Roberts and earlyapex like this.
  3. Personally I'm quite impressed about the defensive skills that AI has. If necessary they force the brake point to the limit. I tried 100 skill/80 aggression and at Monza often I can't overtake them without touch.
    Anyway I will definitely decrease the aggression, because the PIT maneuver is a real issue.

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  4. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I just ran 30 min @ Zolder ai set @ 86/50 I got spun in T1 by a Lambo trying to pass on the inside i recovered ok lost 4 places,
    Then about half way through the race a Ferrari pulled a crazy blocking move going into bolderbergberghaarspeldbocht :confused::confused: OR T8 lol he was zigzagging along the track trying to block me and at the last minute just in front of me he brakes and cuts right hitting the front of me causing a crash taking out 5 cars o_O.
    I did notice several ai moving over to the right in a blocking move and then going back over to the left for the corner @ T8 so i learned to pull a roper dope on them by staying left until the last minute and then diving over to the right and down the inside :eek:.

5. RayGun

RayGun Rookie

THE POSITIVE: AI

I do like the range of agreesiveness setting. There is a lot of scope to find an ideal setting for different types of single player racing.

1. Anything over 50 = AI drive like it's a touring car race. [Creates a great challenge for short races].
    2. Anything under 30 = AI drive like a genuine endurance race. [AI drive like they want to preserve their car and reach the checkered flag].

THE NEGATIVE: AI

The AI are way too slow in specific corners on every track - this includes any AI that are driving the same model of car as the player. The difference in one corner can be as much as 1.0-1.5 seconds then the AI match the pace of the player at all other corners.
    This MUST be fixed, and I sincerely hope it is, or the single player experience will remain broken forever.

THE HOPE: AI
    The AI will be fantastic IF a fix can be found to eradicate the problem of being too slow in specific corners..!!

1. I hope they AI continue to be very good at going for openings and overtaking the player.
    2. I hope the AI continue to be aggressive when alongside and not 'back-off' going into a corner.
    3. I hope the AI problem of being too slow at specific corners is fixed. Then the AI will be rewarding to race against and overtaking will be a challenge.
    4. I hope Kunos allow the player to select individual AI opponents to race against. Project Cars 2 failed massively in this regard so it's impossible to race against the same AI in back-to-back races - this failure means the player CANNOT create a customised series of races. A massive fail..!!

CONCLUSION:
    I am very optimistic about the AI because there is not too much that needs to be 'fixed' or implemented in version 1.0. My fingers are crossed.

Stepy, earlyapex and gunner1483 like this.
  6. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I think the single biggest problem as of now is that the AI just don't know how to reverse or stop pushing forward out of a crash or a pile up. I still see them stuck against the wall nose first every now and then.

warth0g, Derrellbiffle and earlyapex like this.
  7. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I think the AI still does way to much defending. It is okay regarding the final laps of a race but in all other situations they should stop defending their position and spend enough space/break earlier (not later) instead, when someone is side by side. Especially when being lapped or in practice/qualifying there is absolute no sense to fight for track position at all (AI vs. AI nor vs. the player)! Highlight is blocking on the outlap in free practice! o_O

8. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

The AI still carries at least 30 liters to much fuel into Q1 in Endurance Cup sessions. Together with the train of cars behind slow contenders and no attempt to get fresh tires mid session the AI misses some pace regarding the real life qualifying times in the current state of this sim. So you are likely able to get a better grid position than your race pace might prove.

I am currently not able to recreate the AI pace in qualifying which @Coanda kindly tested some time ago on all tracks right here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-qualy-results-all-tracks.56483/#post-1074441