1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Variation

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by KRoman47, Sep 14, 2018.

1. KRoman47

KRoman47 Racer

I hope in AI slider variation in future - this is what made offline races in AC for me. There was every time some car I could fight and not fiddle AI percent by percent to have fights, earlier they were all almost the same resulting I can overtake everybody (except 1 or 2 cars) or I can't hold their pace.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Will there be track variations in ACC? Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room AI variation Nov 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room AI Whay is a good setting for variation? Aug 22, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire surface temperature variation Feb 20, 2017
    Console Lounge SERVER VARIATION Dec 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thank You Nao for your camber grip variation formula Nov 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room OSW - does it worth it ? (& some variations) Apr 10, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Massive variation in tyre heating Dec 18, 2015
    3D car models Dodge 1500 (hillman avenger variation from argentina) Aug 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Race type variation Apr 7, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Big fps variations Nov 5, 2014
    General modding discussion Blender - mesh color variation + texturing issue Sep 12, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues NGK-Schikane rumblestrip variation for F1 and GT3 Mar 19, 2014
    Suggestions Exhaust Smoke and Setup Variations for AI Jan 19, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues ferrari 458 strange RPM variation Nov 12, 2013

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

There is already sliders in options for AI strenght and how agresive you want them to be

4. KRoman47

KRoman47 Racer

That's completely something else. Look at AC1 and how AI variation works.

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Hardcore Simmer

I think (i hope) that this time ther's no need for ia variation because the ia should have by default their own overall "value/ability".
    So for example:
    Raffale Marciello = 99
    Mirko Bortolotti = 98
    Nico Bastian = 96
    and so on...

In this way no need for variation, ther's only need for and overall difficulty slider to adjust the IA pace to our ability as we have now.

Florian Boswell likes this.
  6. KRoman47

KRoman47 Racer

I don't watch real Blancpain GT Series so I don't know anything about variation and if their skills will be represented somehow in ACC but I still there's need of variation - I really don't want to fiddle with percent by percent to find competition for every track like "everybody is too fast" then "everybody is too slow" - I had enough of this.

7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Hardcore Simmer

With all rispect, but i think that variation in a proper championship racing game is a very bad idea.
    Just imagine ia variation in Motopg, where you can have Bautista or Iannone wins the championship, or just imagine ia variation in F1 games, with Ericson and Grosejan going faster than Hamilton and Vettel.

If you don't know the real championship, sorry but it's a your gap.

8. KRoman47

KRoman47 Racer

You probably don't get the point and the point is to have fun not to fiddle with AI for hours and I didn't come here to discuss but to ask Kunos not for your opinions.

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Hardcore Simmer

lol, bye