1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Aliens are here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jake Adams, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Jake Adams

Jake Adams Rookie

Good One Kunos, had a good laugh at this one.

Attached Files:

pika4u and xedrox like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Why are they called aliens? Feb 13, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Ok you Aliens and everyone else post your total Ratings scores! Dec 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions An appeal to aliens with fanatec cswv2 . Sep 19, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Stormy conditions and....dry tyres - come on aliens. Here i am! Sep 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room FED UP! Playing single player and still the Aliens take front stage!! Apr 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Racing Against the Aliens May 16, 2014
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Maserati MC20 GT2 Tracion Control Cut (TC2) reported via Shared Memory API Feb 6, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024

3. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

Some of the facebook nerds were going crazy about this.. So funny..
    Some where complaining about kunos wasting time making ufo's rather than more cars or tracks. some where asking if it was gonna be drivable lol

4. TheDarkenn

TheDarkenn Racer

I'd like to drive / fly it :D

5. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

I wonder how Marco aquired that license.

zaratul likes this.
  6. Chessiah

Chessiah Racer

its funny people complaining about unrealistic signs in Black county :p

Garry Vale and Glaurung like this.
  7. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

As I saw that space ship, then I understood the Kunos mood when producing this Black Cat County track.

Chessiah likes this.
  8. kro

kro Simracer

Just goes to show you can't please everyone .. :p

I read all the drama about the signs so I had to go have a look myself .. after driving a few races on the assorted Black tacks I must say I had a blast with them ,the signs didn't bother me at all..

Living on this side of the pond I've had the chance to drive on desert mountain highways just like these and I've seen signs like this .. all be it only at very dangerous turns and not as many BUT to me it looks like something the official planners for a 'race event' on such roads might just add before an event takes place , you know how safety takes precedents over reality these days lol ...

so I have no issue with them .. I have NOT seen any space ships yet ..in game or on the highway ..it does look like it could be near area 51 tho so I will keep my eyes open :rolleyes:....

Anyway I found myself enjoying the hi performance road cars immensely in Black cat land ..

9. irfan.pratama

irfan.pratama Hardcore Simmer

Extra.Terrestrial DLC

10. magzire

magzire Alien

looks legit guys, prepare the anus for probing

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

Now we know where all these quick Aliens on the public servers come from.

Steven Greer was right, the Reptilians drive green Lamborghinis and the Greys Mercedes-Benz.

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  12. SkaM

SkaM Rookie

jumped into a quick race before going to bed, as soon as i spawn on the track: "waaait, that wasnt on the track yesterday... "
    Good job kunos :D

13. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

Unidentified flying object reportedly floating above a road in the desert?

[​IMG]

TheDarkenn, Georg Siebert and kro like this.
  14. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

If they plan to patch out the ufo and mushroom cloud, in a day or two. you might wanna make a backup of your black cat track folder. then once they patch it again, you can just replace the files with the current version.

dauntless likes this.
  15. dauntless

dauntless Alien

That won't create issues with the checksums?

16. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

I think the server validates only the surface.ini, not the .kn5 files of the track - needs testing tho.

17. I had assumed that the nuclear explosion and UFO were only going to be visible on April 1. Is that not the case?

18. kikie

kikie Simracer

This forum is full of Aliens.

19. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

the aliens have fled, i fled too the pub n missed them

20. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

That is very much the case. in fact they are already gone again...

The alien and the nuke were just addon items anyway.. IIRC they are files 13.kns and 14.kn5.. All they needed to do is patch the update to remove those 2 files and alter the .ini files to tell the game which files need to be loaded for each track.. those ini files will just have the references for files 13 and 14 removed..

Actually i just checked and Yes the files have already been removed.. But if you kept a backup of those files (and the old ini files) you should be able to put them back in the track very easily.. If as somebody suggested, the online inconsistency is based around the surfaces.ini then it wont make a bit of difference to the game if you add them back in. The ufo and nuke had no physical properties, you could not actually interact with them. so they wouldn't have an entry in the surfaces.ini file anyway

Not in an offline race it wont and ive no idea about the online..

21. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

hopefully someone will share them :) but guessing no one will have backed it up