1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

All Cars' Top Speeds at all BOPs

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by LukFry, Apr 8, 2019.

1. iVG

iVG Alien

Yeah I was quite baffled by the m6 pace overall. Thought it was me who suddenly forgot how to drive... Anyway I'm back in it today :)

BoinkTheBeaver likes this.
  2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Keep in mind guys, that performance balancing is still going on. It is close, but still needs fine tuning here and there.
    Also, depends from circuit to circuit

3. M4rt1n93

M4rt1n93 Gamer

Atleast I was driving the BMW before it was cool to drive it :rolleyes:

4. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Yes, I understand, just wanted to have some discussion and give feedback. Other cars feel well balanced and have their strengths and weaknesses. But this one just seems to be on top everywhere, and makes the result list a bit boring in MP at the moment :)

Aristotelis likes this.
  5. Napo24

Napo24 Gamer

Hi guys, I'm the creator of that reddit post. I've decided to join the official forum after my friend LukFry has shown me that there is actually a decent amount of activity here :)

I was already expecting something like this would happen, this is still early access after all. I will update my list once the changes are in effect. I hope I can count on Kunos to keep including BOP changes in the patch notes, so I don't have to re-do every single car with every update.

6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Nah, not everyone is using or changing to the BMW.:D
    I'm not, I'm sticking with the Lambo and Ferrari, during some weeks I use one and then, to change, the other. I really don't like the BMW o_O (go figure)
    Besides, even with the new BOP (in progress) I still manage to fight the BMW.
    Yesterday I did a race at Zolder and only lost the first place to the BMW in the very last lap because I'm a complete fool and took another (wrong) approach to the fist chicane that that Lambo isn't keen of. :rolleyes::D
    I have to check at Monza and Nurburgring to see where the BMW now stands against the Lambo.
    That's the only thing with the Lambo, it bites constantly, and it's even worse when I'm going online at night after a days work and, after all, I'm not as "fresh" as I used to be. :)
    Still, the Lambo and the Ferrari are very nice cars to drive, not like the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig BMW, Nissan and Bentley:p:D:D

7. iVG

iVG Alien

As any competitive sport any competitive edge will be taken advantage of. It's not the driver's fault that he chooses to use the best machinery to accomplish success. Simracing is no different to real racing in that regard. Yes, I myself drive the 488 but after a series of podiums (complaining about podiums ha-ha ivg you scrub) I will today switch to BMW. Especially after the last race at Zolder last night, BMW, which should struggle a little bit more with traction out of corners compared to Ferrari being a front engine car, it was definitely not the case. Even in low traction zones BMW just pulled nicely, any short straight would result in few tenths pulling away which is huge. If I can't beat it in the traction zones, can't beat it in the braking zones , because the beemer is too far away to even dive them, can't beat them mid corner, there's no way to overtake. You literally have no opportunity to overtake. The 488 being one of the slowest of the bunch in terms of top speed, the disadvantage is just too much. Maybe not in Quali where you have space ahead to focus on your driving, while in a bunched up field, there is no opportunity for a move, ever, unless the other driver makes a mistake.

8. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

It has been like that all along and I've kept wondering why to this day. As a huge front engine (well, it's a little set back and down to achieve a better center of gravity) car that isn't aerodynamically optimal, it should have some more horses so it should initially struggle at a slow exit, gain speed really fast and hit a wall at its top speed (which shouldn't be that low)...or am I missing something? :D

9. iVG

iVG Alien

Not sure why that is but it's been more prominent since yesterday. I know mid/front engine cars have different staggered tyres (different widths front and back) but by no means that will account for everything. Look at the Jag for example. Very prominent rear end sliding out of slow corners and understandably so. The 2018 Nissan is also a very balanced car, kind of jack of all trades, not too good, not too bad but definitely has rear end issues out of slow corners due to lack of weight at the back. I drive a RWD BMW in real life too funnily enough, although one should never compare a road car to it's GT counterpart, the rear end step out bit is right there. My real life beemer has upwards of 300 Bhp on a street tyre and with traction control half way off, it definitely wants to step out. So I can say that I have some real life experience although not real life racing, vehicle dynamics are familiar to me. Furthermore it being a diesel ( 2007 335D, yes 300+bhp oil burner ) it is very front heavy and a little rain on the road shows it's true character. Countersteer city it is.

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm not worried with "competitive edge". I want is to have fun and I will not change cars if I enjoy more driving one than the other.
    Besides, trying to fight with the BMW can be, in itself, a challenge and that can also be fun, either winning or loosing.
    This is still WIP and, even more, there are still more cars to come, so even if the current options available are in a point where one car can have an advantage, as WIP it is, BOP will be reviewed and the future cars will be another cards in the deck to choose from.
    Personally, I'm waiting is for the Porsche :D, which I believe will than be my car of choice, regardless of BOP.

Adastros likes this.
  11. iVG

iVG Alien

It's just that there's a trend with longitudinal grip at the moment. Braking distances in the wet (anything under stormy) has pretty much same braking distances as in completely dry rubbered in track. Something is a bit off there, as @Mitja Bonca has commented too. Also, again regarding longitudinal grip but this time coming out of corners (acceleration is just braking in reverse for the mechanically inclined out there). In certain condition certain cars are teeny weeny bit too stable. In the most recent example it's the manner in which the m6 powers out of corners. There's no way a front engined car would have more grip at the rear at very low speeds, before the aero is significant enough to play a role. Talking sub 100kph speeds here.

As for competition I'm all for it. I chose the 488 for the exact same reason when the lambo seemed to dominate the top 3 spots in ever server. I just wanted I challenge and I got it. Got the 488 down to 1 minute 47 on Monza in my quest to fight lambos and I believe it is a respectable performance given the gutted top speed of the Ferrari.

So all in all I'm not here to argue for the sake of argument. I want ACC to be the best sim. It has the potential to be and Kunos certainly deserve it. But without talking and public testing it may just happen to be an impossible task. Just look at the hotfixes since 0.6. Many of the fixed issues were actually community driven by reports, discussions and so on. It's always worth a check if something seems a bit off isn't it ?

BoinkTheBeaver and Mitja Bonca like this.
  12. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Seems like at the moment the 488 for ACC is what the McLaren 650S was/is for AC :p

Agreed.

13. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Exactly right (bold quoted text).
    Thats exactly my reason for writing so much here on this forum. I could easily spend all this time here to some other more life important things, but I love sim racing, and its part of my life, thats why I can easily take 1 or 2 hours per day to test and write here.
    --
    A bi off topic: Real life drivers who are not (much) in sim racing, are helpful, but they just cannot give you a Team as much useful info as we here can give.
    So I hope Team listens to us, as many of us have a RL racing experiences too, but our focus is still on simulation.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  14. I still think Ferrari is the best car (yeah? do you?).
    BMW is probably too fast in zolder.
    Everything else is correct for me.

15. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Of course I would drive Bentley all day long, but its not "edge", its a huge 1s gap per lap at least, and guys like @Luis Branco and @iVG joining the server I need something faster to even have a chance to fight :D ..waiting for 2nd gen

16. iVG

iVG Alien

Any time ma fren make sure you don't spin on the kerb in Hungaroring next time after 30 mins of hard work :p :D :D

17. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Bentley. Easily the best sounding car IRL in the Blancpain series for me. It stimulates your digestion when it rumbles by, it's so great. Too bad I can't seem to get used to cars with the steering wheel on the right.. :confused:

18. iVG

iVG Alien

Don't think the Ferrari is 'the best'. Certainly has the potential to be hence why it was so heavily restricted. It's very hard to just power though the slipstream as the Jag or the Lambo can do in Monza. I mean you can't even keep up with them even after a good exit of Parabolica and 0 wing. They just pull.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  19. I find the ferrari if driven right is a great car, it does 1:47's quite easily around monza and you gain on others through corners then loose out on the straights, but this is what makes it fun! Love it

20. iVG

iVG Alien

Yesh it's a trade off but certainly not the best. The reason I chose it was the feel that you get from the wheel. Feels very connected to the road. Very direct and communicative. Little touches like rear traction loss lights on the dash that light up when rear starts sliding or a direct tyre temperature monitor are things that made me choose it over others.

alec benfield likes this.