1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

All Cars' Top Speeds at all BOPs

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by LukFry, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Sure it is worth checking, but you are much off to the point of my post, which is only about the (my) will to change one car for another due to “only” a BOP change.

But to get to the point of your last post, often things are not as black and white regarding reports, because what one user may report as not according to what expected, another can have a different view or isn’t yet certain that something needs to be reported.

A couple of examples.
    I’ve seen drivers being just as fast and faster in different cars of the ones you mentioned, namely Lambo and BMW. Are really some cars less competitive than others or is up to different driver techniques and styles?
    Why are some drivers faster with a car than others using that the same car, but if another car is used the positions are inverted. Again, is up to the car or any thing else?
    Even with AI can be different views about it. For instance I find that with the last update the AI cars are to much willing to give up fighting for position and should be more aggressive to stand ground, however others have precisely the contrary opinion.
    And regarding wet track, I’m still not certain that the braking distance are off, because although I brake almost, and this is of significance, at the same braking point, the fact is that I do need to brake earlier simply because the car is unable to turn with the same corner speed as in the dry, and so, if I simply try to brake harder to reduce the car cornering speed it slides and quite differently than in the dry and cannot take the corner as I wanted to.

So, it can very well be that other users are faster to judge the need of changes, but I, personally, often need more test time and different in game environments to reach a judgement about those aspects that others already made their mind about.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  2. in terms of laptimes it's the best for me.
    overtaking is quite tricky
    the main problem is with the contacts, if a Bentley touches you, as example, it will give great damage.
    But these are differences that are ok for me. if you have good overtaking skill but you are not that fast or consistent, 488 is the best compromise.

3. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

But honestly, I love how the cars are different in ACC. I truly enjoy driving with all of them and finding out how each perform in each track and what you need to do to get best out of them. Dont think that there is a single "best" car.

4. iVG

iVG Alien

It's not a matter of opinion that braking points in the wet are longer than those in the dry rubbered-in track in real life. It is a fact and even worse so when its wet AND cold or even worse when its cold and icy. It's not a matter of opinion. I was just talking about LONGITUDINAL grip which mostly affects cornering and acceleration. I am no expert so everything I say is derived purely from simracing and real life driving experience. Traction is pretty much spot on in the wet. Especially with the higher standing water scenarios. The off but for me is when the circuit is half way between dry and flooded, not damp but simply wet. Not enough water on track for aquaplaning to occur but still enough to degrade grip. This is the scenario that I was pointing at and I'm sure @Mitja Bonca was talking about the same.

Here is an example video:

For comparison I can pretty comfortably lap 1:45 in Hungaroring with the occasional 1:43 high in the dry. The Merc in the video does 1:59.6. Here's a video from a random dude on the internet in similar conditions:

Don't know how fast he is overall but he's already 4 seconds down on real life time. Also he botched T1 completely even had to accelerate again after braking too early. I'm pretty confident I can take a few seconds from that time myself. Also, in the first video you can see the driver taking weird lines to avoid the racing line on purpose and takes great care of braking/accelerating. Furthermore conditions in the first video seem to show an already forming damp line, not yet dry but damp which helps whereas in ACC video track is completely wet. Examples can go on. Certainly something off there.

5. Then when the sun comes up and a dry line appears it is possible to have good laptimes.
    a dry but very cold track on the other hand is not faster then a track with a good line. because your slicks will be cold.
    it's not that linear I think.

6. but how do you know which tires they are using?

7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

For the sake of a sound discussion about the wet, let me make a consideration about the comparison you're making with those two videos.
    In the first video you can read the reply to the question about what tyres are used, and in it the reply that you can read, is said that wet tyres were used but when lap times goes to 1:55 would be changed to slicks.
    That's quite relevant because you used two videos to state a "fact" when, in the very essence, for a fact you don't know the grip difference and track conditions that existed in the first video compared to the ACC one.
    Still, we, you and me, could infer that if the answer is that once the lap times drop to 1:55 slick tyres would be used, the track conditions in the first video may very well be far worse than those of the ACC video.
    With that out of the way, it's plausible to accept that 1:55 lap times are both, in RL and ACC, achievable for a wet track in identically conditions.

8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

For the first video wet tyres are used, as per reply to the question in video commentaries.

9. I agree. I can add that evaluating track conditions in a game is not simple.
    for instance, I run the game at lowest possible in 720p.
    When I drive alone I increase everything res included.
    A very wet track in high settings looks dry in low settings.
    So just don't compare videos from others.

10. and, different drivers on different cars.

11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

One step at a time.
    With @Aristotelis we want 1st salve the issue with dry tires on wet.
    2nd would be wet tires on wet.

These are 2 major issues in ACC, but all together Im sure we can work it out.

So please stop talking or arguing about it, devs are aware of it. It won't be in any help. Hope you understand.

Pheebau likes this.
  12. iVG

iVG Alien

You show me 2 videos where you think the condition in real life approximate the conditions in ACC. You pick and choose - both have to be wet conditions. Then we will evaluate the differences.

13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Why would I go looking for that?
    My previous post is directed to show that I consider that the comparisons of videos aren’t the best choice to make an argument about this matter.

Also, it's you that is invested in discussion of the wet subject and pivoted my posts to this matter, plus I already stated in the previous post that I'm still (emphasis on still) not certain about the wet conditions and like to test things more calmly and taking more time with it, as with other things, before making my own judgment.
    This thread isn't about wet track, there is a thread about it and I didn’t posted their because I don't have anything worth mention to add to the discussion, rather then my own opinion, that I expressed in this thread in a direct reply to you, and my opinion doesn't have any of value to the matter.

Finally, Aristotelis already replied that he's going to inquiry again about it; and by saying again, it mean it is not now that he's going to ask, but already talked about it with who knows better.
    As Mitja said above, wait for Aristotelis further developments after he comes back from Monza.

Salvatore Amato and iVG like this.
  14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

In my opinion there is no issue. I will say maybe some fine tunning, work in progress. But don't expect the perfection, there's always margin to improve.
    Anyway if you ask me, it's the best i'vê experience in more then 20 years of simracing.

15. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I have changed my opinion too. Its all fine, except for some small adjustments (I talked to Aris about it, and he will try to find data now at Monza from real teams).

16. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Hi Ivan, just wondering if you're getting better results with the M6 now? Cheers

17. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

I did not bother to look through the whole videos, as pretty much T1 was enough to see couple of things. 1) Both cars hit 240kph before braking, difference is you brake earlier. You might think you brake as late as him, but I think you are misjudging it due to the very wide angle lense. 2) From the way he "botches" T1 and from his T2 line you can obviously tell there's still some rubber on track which makes it much less grippy than conditions you are in (from the line its probably green track with some water).

My conclusion - braking points seems very similar in wet or dry. Comparison is not valid in this case, as grip levels and where the grip is is very different in both cases.

P.S. That 'drying line' IRL video is probably the slippiest part of the track, but its just not effective to avoid it in all corners (T3 and T4 for example).

18. iVG

iVG Alien

Not tried it yet. Just did 1 HR race in Mr Git server and finished 3rd after two m6 cars. I was in a Ferrari.

Max Doubt likes this.
  19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The video is from qualifying session, but, correct me if I'm wrong, a wet track isn't always a "green track"?
    The water on the rubber line acts in the opposite direction than when its dry, and make it more slippery when is wet.
    In those conditions the track, overall, is greener than ever, and that is very well reflected in the wet times, usually, if not always, slower than a dry green track.
    Furthermore, if the rain persists, the water eventually wash away a good part of the rubber put when the track is dry, so, even if the track becomes dry after the rain, it can still be a green track for some time, because, then, the cars must again build up the rubber layer that will progressively add grip.

Edit: does ACC simulate this effect of slippery wet rubber?
    Edit2: and rubber washed away if rain last long enough?

Mitja Bonca and Salvatore Amato like this.
  20. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Well I didn't get any better laptimes in that race than I did with the M6 before the update. I assume that typo affected the Monza BoP, didn't it?