1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Allow different controllers settings for each cars (or just car type at least)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JusTiCe8, Dec 23, 2016.

1. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

Why ?

Classic cars have H gear **** pattern, newer have gears control on the steering wheel, so driving the F40, changing wheels settings, then jumping into the F458 cockpit is just annoying and also quite "obsolete" (like GTR2/rfactor days or even older).

There could be a car category data: oldies (H pattern), early 2000 era/dontgetanicename (not sure when sequential gear **** appears, maybe in the mid 90s) then modern cars (shift controls on the steering wheel), giving a default for each class, put cars in the right category (F40, Countach, ... in 'oldies', MP4-12C, F458, ... in 'modern').
    Or Just: gearH, gearSeq and GearWheel categories (but different settings have to be considered also like different H pattern, sequential up for either up or down ****)

With all categories contains default settings which give a good starting point, then allow each car to have it's very own setting as suggested on post #109 on G25/G27 controllers settings post (as each car could have it's own specifics like the most obvious one: full rotation angle.) This would also mean to get a way to override controller profiler setting(s) (as we can't ask controller software to talk with AC for adjusting settings.)

From a dev point of view, cars may have nothing by default, loading config from a default/template directory/file, and when set by players, new files would be created like:

controllerssettings/oldies/F40/default.cfg
    controllerssettings/oldies/F40/something.cfg
    controllerssettings/dontgetanicename/somecar/default.cfg
    controllerssettings/modern/F458/default.cfg

Allowing players to give their very own names to files and choose which one to use/load by default when picking this car.

From the UI, it could be a menu: pick a setting or create your own. For the later, pick pattern (H, seq or wheel), then have to define 2 or more values (seq up/down, H 1,2,3 ... )

(Honestly, the way it is now is just ridiculously obsolete, sim racing games looks like to always be two train late in term of overall design, Geoff where are you ???? We miss you !)

Daniel Perez likes this.

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its possible that I missunderstood something but when Im driving a sequential car im using the paddles and when driving a h-pattern car im using my shifter. ;/ Isnt this what you asking for?

3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I have paddles, seq stick and hshift all in the same profile and game changes automatically between paddles/sequential and hshift depending on the car I drive. Also I could make as many profiles with different combos as I want.

So I don't really get what you're on about.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

Ok guys but unless I'm a bit blind, it is not obvious in the controllers settings, or it is located somewhere else. With my old G25, I can only assign a button to a function, but doesn't look like to me I can assign many buttons to one function (gear up => left paddle AND gear stick backward, and so on).

Any "inputs" on this one would be welcome ;), thanks.

5. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

duplicated post (damned browser !)

6. Jebus

Jebus Alien

7. Daniel Perez

Daniel Perez Hardcore Simmer

Being able to link controller profiles to cars would be great. You can assing a key of the keyboard for up and downshift and use joytokey or similar to being able to use padles or a sequential shifter, but you can't use it, for example, to set your H-shifter with a dogleg or normal configuration.
    I did a batch file for myself that changes the controller.ini and some steering wheel profile configurations for the car selected. But I sometimes forget to execute the batch when I choose another car and I have to exit the game and execute the file.
    Having the posibility of linking each car to a saved controller setup would be very good.

8. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

So, if I understand you guys right, first you get quite harsh on me then you just told me AC doesn't allow to bind controls to a single car/a car class by itself and need 3rd party tools.

Be serious, however you are fond of AC, don't be too kind on Kunos. They do a great job but AC is still far to be good enough in many parts, and controls is one of these forgotten/not worked enough part.

9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Well I don't have problems using 3rd party apps with the game that is essentially a modding platform. If you have, that's just meh.

Content Manager for example is exactly what Kunos launcher "should" be. If you don't want to use it that's entirely your loss.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I made three profiles in controller settings:

H-pattern (also works with flappy paddles) as my default
    Sequential for stick shift
    Dogleg H

Just have to change the profile for the appropriate cars.

Works well, not to much strain for me.

11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I forgot to mention that xpadder, or similar app, is needed only if you want paddles and seq stick to work at the same time.