1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ALOOG 1 - Public Server - MR[A] - Planning & Chat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andy-R, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Well... lets give it a try! (i'm taking the repost and like from the other admin as a vote of confidence :D) Switched to MR A only.

2 of the most enjoyable road cars in AC... Mazda MX5 NA & Toyota AE86 at Vallelunga Classic

I'm still getting used to the restrictor but initially will try 40% on the 86.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    V8_KB likes this.
  2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

A only, Miata vs AE86, Vallelunga Classic... too bad I don't have time tonight.

Andy-R likes this.
  3. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Really Andy, did you actually need to ask :)

A all the way!

Andy-R likes this.
  4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think it would be great for Streetfight and ALOOG if there would be function to welcom only A grade drivers as soon as server hits particular population, for example server is AB till it gets 12people, and from there it is A only, as practice shows that servers often kicks in to be full or nearly full as soon as it reaches half.

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

That would be really cool! See if we need it first though :)

6. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Honestly, the very few times I'm able to join I very rarely see B grade drivers anyway. Very cool to have to A only option now though :)

7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

How can you tell? Helicorsa shows both in the same colour.

About the idea of AB and A after X number of people, I don't think it would work. What if 8 of those 12 people are B? They get (auto) kicked or they stay after the server is populated enough? If they get kicked you are down to 4 players, might as well start as A from the get go. If they stay, you have 1/3 of B graders on (now) A only server.

Like Leif said, let's see how the A only goes before thinking on how to improve the situation. ;)

Andy-R likes this.
  8. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I meant B grade not in an official minorating way, more in everyone I come across race great usually.

V8_KB and Schnipp like this.
  9. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I thought so too until I tried starting from back of the grid a few times. The guys who end up near the front are usually better estimating off-the-line grip and thus keep it more clean (imo).

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  10. TDS

TDS Alien

Great combo today and some nice races thanks :)

LeiF and Andy-R like this.
  11. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Whilst true in general, I have had some of my most enjoyable races when taking that risk to not qualify and fight through the field. When doing so there is also no pressure at the first corner so its easier to avoid any potential first lap hot headed incidents by just hanging back a bit and then going on the attack.

Had an amazing race the other day doing just that, with @V8_KB as a virtual teammate fighting our way through the pack all the way, to finish with an overlap it was that close (obviously I wasn't ahead by that point :p )
    The amount of attack in that particular race increased considerably when I saw who was in my mirror tbf ;)

V8_KB likes this.
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I do tend to start from the back towards the end of an evening to mix things up a bit. While it can be fun I don't think you can beat starting around a few people of a similar pace. Qualifying can put you right with those you are most likely to have a great race with. I do really enjoy reverse grid or starting from the back sometimes and am certainly not against it but the likelihood of an incident is much higher in those situations, having someone slower than you infront or faster than you behind means you have to rely on prediction much more than you do racing those at your own pace. When racing really close paced guys you can use your normal brake point and accelerate where you normally would more or less without having to think too much about it.

13. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

A few more things I've learned in racing that I didn't have to worry about in AC...

1) You'll notice in the video that door-slip seems to be just as effective as regular slip streaming.
    2) You have to pump the brakes before every corner to ensure that the pads are re-seat correctly. If you don't, the brake pedal falls to the floor and you'll have NO brakes.
    3) Despite having uprated disks and pads, brake fade still affects us quite severely. This is why I tend to rely more on engine braking rather than heel and toe.

On a side note, the gearbox is terribly notchy and sensitive (hence the slow shifts). The one team with 4 cars destroyed 6 gearboxes in one weekend :O

All in all, I'm having an absolute blast!

P.S. Turn one here is borderline flat in 5th.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Video is blocked unfortunately Mogo

Pretend racer and mantasisg 2 like this.
  15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

You mean all the time, or just when you are not confident about the brakes, should you ever be confident about the brakes ? But then you'll loose so much time if you'll check brakes all the time.

This happened to the guy who is helping me to mod that track, incredible save though.

16. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

Sorry I'll re upload
    Yes gotta pump every single time.
    The vibrations from the bumps and rumble strips cause the pads an un-seat ever so slightly. I've gone off track a few times in practice just because I haven't pumped enough. I'm sure this has to due with our cheap formula though. Cars are running stock calipers with ventilated disks, upgraded pads and braided lines.

What a mighty save. Did he leave skid marks in his undees?

mantasisg 2 and Andy-R like this.
  17. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

18. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

Darn copyright. Video feels awkward without the music in the intro bits.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Whenever I have used music it gives me the option to use copyright stuff but the owner of that content can take it down or spam ads all over it if they want to.

20. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

Good to know for next time. Thanks