1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Aloog-2 server gt3, mr [abcn]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tberg, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

So, maybe a new track for aloog-2 for the next 1-2 weeks? I don´t want to see it end up as a one-track-only server.

OP updated with this weeks track poll (just for the fun of it). Please vote if you race or intend to race on aloog-2, thank you :)

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

can I vote for one-track-only server?

Tberg likes this.
  3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I suppose so, even though I didn´t put it in the poll. But, you should rather argument for why you would want the server to stay the same, as aloog-0?

My argument to change the track is simply that I enjoy having a to-go-to GT3 server, with atm 7 closely matched but different racecars, with MR, sTracker etc. But, it gets boring with same track. I don´t believe in supporting "most popular track atm and stick with it", because it´s usually just the newest. The diversity is important for me to keep visiting a server, but I don´t want to compromise with no MR, narrow selection of 2-3 cars or huge selection of unbalanced cars, etc.

If it stays the same, my hunger for driving Barca GP in any GT3 is soon completely dead. Meaning I will stop caring for aloog-2. If I get to drive just 2-3 other tracks the next month or 2, BarcaGP will be welcome back at that time.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  4. Track rotation with a standard set of cars is the best option, although I am talking about proper track rotation here (not the "empty the server and restart" method).

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I wouldn´t mind that, but I would want rotation to change maybe after at least each 3rd session or something. I like to dig in, competing with couple of the good drivers, both in qual and race, and I want rematches too on same track. And it takes more than 15min qual/8lap race to get a good setup and rythm going on the given track, for me at least.

Edit:...and maybe that rotation should also be limited to 2-3 tracks.

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I like the idea of track rotation after every x amount of races (more than 1) as well. I assume it isnt possible at the mo?

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

To save me from anymore grey hairs we'll just say no for now ;)

Andy-R likes this.
  8. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

As long as get to see some mod tracks im happy.

9. Hany

Hany Alien

Silverstone is nice but rarely used. Im sick of mugello, monza, imola and defiantly SPA (more than 300 laps)

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It takes me 300 laps just to learn a track!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Minolin and Hany like this.
  11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Not possible.

Wouldn't ask you to either, only once it can be automated server side with no school between sessions, so just a dream for now. But you knew that, just stating for the public :)

I think the best mod tracks deserves an Aloog-dedicated, it takes a lot of work to get it going public with enough players, I think...

I hear you. Silverstone might not have the flashy surroundings, but it gives very good races.

12. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

A trackmod server with gt3 cars should give decent population no?

13. esox71

esox71 Alien

Fuji Speedway,Suzuka/NSX ;)

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Not sure, as Kunos said, mod tracks gets far too little attention by the majority of AC users. We might as well go AB only right now, it will cut the player count in half at least.
    Now, if Steamworkshop would work, a server you join running a track you don't have, should potentially download it for you and off you go. That's what I hope for.
    In the meantime, I don't see aloog-2 going modded content, now it has just made a nice entry as a public GT3 server with hope of becoming even better and gaining popularity, especially for N-grades and those strugling to get their act together and get better at mp racing.
    Down the line, yes, I would love modded approved quality stuff and AB only servers. That time will come I hope. Edit: these servers are already there, I ment the ones that are public and popular also.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    esox71 likes this.
  15. esox71

esox71 Alien

I just find it soul destroying when I scroll through the servers and see the same old combo's, which usually ends up me turning BF4 on.
    When I see a combo that's good and I've not got it, Matter of minutes I've got them, I mean just look at the number of downloads the mods have, someones downloading them.

16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I think that goes for many of us seasoned simmers, and the newcomers that pick up quickly. I liked the aloog-0 server, but I grew tired of that Spa combo, even asked BigB why f.i. the C7r wasn´t thrown in the mix just for slight change, but somethings are maybe not to mess with I guess.
    I absolutely can´t stand the other "popular" servers, not running MR, or admin is a blacklist maniac or "my rules or gtfu, noob!" type. So many childish servers, no matter what the age of drivers.
    Andy´s aloog-1 is also cool, cuz mostly if I find a server with a favorite manual, like the F40, it´s usually me alone or maybe 1 other driver that can drive it, the rest are doing donuts unpurposely. For that reason, I mostly race in racecars, and cruise/hotlap in roadcars, unless it´s league.

Andy-R and esox71 like this.
  17. esox71

esox71 Alien

Here's me moaning about server content...." you don't like it...goin make yer own":oops:

Tberg likes this.
  18. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Is it just me who feels that the 20 secs slow down penalty is in excess? If you dont happen to be in front, 20 secs literally translates to "park the car and wait for next race"...

offcorsa likes this.
  19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No, I hope the penaltysystem dies. Atm penalty is set to 3 tires out, which means you have to really be off track to get the penalty, and is what we've got to control the cutters. It's also needed to get RSR working, not sure if MR needs it too.

esox71 likes this.
  20. esox71

esox71 Alien

I sometimes get that message come up, "not a lot" But when I do I'm usually going slow/ish so I just find a time/space to stop till message goes away then back on the gas and away.
    IMO it's crazy to wait 20secs.