1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alright, enough cars for the moment...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

Hi, i am not sure what is Kunos planning on focusing after this Ferrari DLC, or what changes will come with it aside from the cars themselves, but there's some concern i would like to communicate to the Kunos team.

These are awesome packs, awesome cars, i really love them, every one of them, but releasing DLC after DLC full of new cars doesn't mean much when there's so much of the game itself that needs to be done. Adding more cars doesn't mean much when we have just a bunch of tracks... i know we have lots of mods, i myself am a track modder, but mods are rarely seen on public servers. We need more tracks... but tracks aren't the thing that worries me the most, it's FEATURES.
    We still don't have offline mandatory pit stops, and online mandatory pit stops have some issues that need to be addressed. It's a racing sim but we don't have pit limiter button, or engine stall... or warm up/formation lap, or rolling starts, or multi-class racing, or driver change for endurance races. There's no final standings screen when racing online, the race ends and we come back to practice session giving absolutely no recognition for those who won the race or passed from 14th to 4th. These kind of details would definitely add up to the experience... servers can't change between tracks...
    Interior car sounds are good, but exterior sounds are pretty bad... there's no pavement rolling sound, just wind. Sometimes you crash and nothing sounds... tyre sound is clearly not right, this can be noticed when launching using TC..
    Soft lock is still rattling, a racing sim should have decent soft lock. Tyre smoke is not right, it can be clearly noticed when locking front wheels in a single seater open cockpit car.
    Penalization system when going off the track is ridiculous.

Please guys take this as a constructive criticism. I know Kunos is not a big team, and that's precisely the reason why you shouln't be focusing in so many things at a time... Please try to focus on improving the sim itself for the next updates instead of making more and more cars, i would gladly change a couple of car DLC's for all these features finished. Love you guys, keep the good work.

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Is it enough to post here? Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality 3080 Vram not enough with AMD 5800x3d? May 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Not enough privileges, Jul 31, 2020
    ACC Audio Porsche GT3R II not loud enough? Jun 4, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Server was running late for 1 step(s), not enough CPU power Feb 29, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars not sure if pc is strong enough Feb 3, 2020
    ACC User Interface LEDs not bright enough Dec 31, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating not good enough anymore Jun 9, 2019
    ACC User Interface Penalty display not clear enough Apr 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI M6 not enough fuel misano Nov 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Enough with the fanboys - what's the point of contributing if your threads are locked!? Oct 16, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Not enough brake pressure, Ricmotech Load Cell Oct 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can't adjust brake range enough Fanatec V3 Oct 4, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues VR 'yellow dot' won't move far enough Mar 8, 2018
    Chit Chat Room If you have enough power, you can drift anything... Jan 13, 2018

3. chakko

chakko Alien

I agree that we have enough cars for now. Although i still miss some proper FWD touring cars. I think some new tracks would really be awesome. Let's see what they'll have in store for us.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  4. Understood, Number One ;)

5. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

Come on, come on ... but in a racing game what do you do? do you drive cars or not?
    We have almost a dozen tracks made by the modders: ok, ok ... but they are not always in laserscan :confused:
    :p

6. chakko

chakko Alien

Almost a dozen? Hundreds. :p But then, not all in top notch quality, and, yes, not laserscanned. I'd like more official tracks.

Tim Meuris and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  7. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Christopher Low likes this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Out of curiousity: do you know one that does?
    Because I don't. I've tried a few and most of them don't even adjust the lock-to-lock such that it's correct for the driven car but rather stretch the signal across the whole range (meaning you'd have to turn 900° even if the car normally would only have 360°).

Apart from that, I doubt this thread will have a long live. :p

9. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

Rfactor 2 has some decent soft lock :/ and by decent i mean that it doesn't rattle all over the place when you do a hairpin on an F1...

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hm, then it's at least not activated by default and I couldn't find an option for it in the UI, because for me it was behaving like described above.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

AMS seems to change degrees of rotation in my wheel software, this is annoying because I forget to change it back to 1080 but if AC did the same it wouldnt be a problem. It seems the best way to get a decent softlock? (not that i really need softlock)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    ShredatorFIN likes this.
  12. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I totally agree with the OP, this simulator is very good but has many shortcomings in race characteristics, it is hard to believe that in a simulator you can not limit the speed to enter the pits and be sanctioned if it does not. I really think it's not Kunos's fault, his players do not claim career characteristics, for them everything is fine and his only illusion is a graphic improvement, sparks, aerostatic balloons and this kind of thing ...

Tim Meuris and WilliamRiker like this.
  13. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I just really wish they'd stop everything and work on surround sound. This game is so very, very, very good...it's like one of the best movies you've ever seen...and the sound simply falls flat on its face.

True surround on this game would elevate it to a level so realistic as to be simply unbelievable. That it still doesn't have it to this day is the only crying shame about the game at all.

WilliamRiker likes this.
  14. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

Go to \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini. Then at the bottom- [SOFT_LOCK] ENABLED=1

It is disabled by default, precisely because it is still beta

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Soft lock IS rattley. I really notice how nice it works in other sims for sure.

Soft Lock: steering wheel stops when front wheels hit the end of travel.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I know where it is for AC and it's not in the UI, because it's very experimental. I was asking for rF2. ;)

@andy-riches: hm ok, that might explain why it's not working for me (not a common steering wheel).

@vegaguy 5555: you don't need to explain what it is ... I know that.

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

They are talking about RF2.

@Berniyh I meant for AMS if you didnt see in my post. If you meant AMS and it isnt working then yeah, I guess that is a problem. Maybe someone can make some kind of universal wheel software thingy just for wheel rotation and all games can support that so people with uncommon wheels can join the party?

18. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Car actually stalls in AC. It just auto starts when you give it gas. I assume it's designed like this because they don't have recordings for engine start sounds for every car (PCars has manual engine start but no engine start sound and it just feels bad and unfinished).

I'm always confused when people talk about "features in sims". People call R3E a complete sim yet features like custom livery, multiclass racing, tire compound selection aren't there for quite a while, and people call AMS a complete package yet custom championship is new and done by a different program, HUD is troublesome with triple monitor, multiclass racing is pretty bad, and there aren't settings available for track temperature or status of the track surface.

Does that AC automatically sets shifting device between paddle shift vs H pattern according to the real car count as a must-have feature? Does search function for car and track without having to scroll a list count as an important feature? Does proper trouble monitor support (in which you can set angles between monitors and bezel size on each monitor etc) and VR support count as must-have features? Does making your own track layout by placing cones and tires on existing tracks count as a must-have feature? Does 3D modeled trackside marshalls waving flags count as a must-have feature? How about safety car (not just the car itself but also proper rules including un-lapping) and virtual safety car?

I remember about a year ago when people talked about missing features in AC it would be guaranteed that they mention "no way to choose the color of your car", but now, no one talks about it any more. If I'm not mistaken in public pick-up servers car skins are still assigned by the server and randomly given to players. Did people forget about the request, or do people find that it is actually not a must-have feature worth whining about?

I'm not defending or criticizing anyone or any sim. I'm just expressing my confusion - which features are the REAL features?

jaxx_za, liakjim, Trezoitao38 and 2 others like this.
  19. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

My bad. I dunno, i haven't messed with anything in the UI, it just noticed when steering and locking on a car that's 180º for example, i can feel the lock and drive the corner in a way that i don't wake up all the people in my house.
    You say AC soft lock it's experimental, well the point of my post is that it shouldn't be experimental anymore, i think it should be finished already and be usable. If RF2's soft lock has issues or not has anything to do with the point of the post.

marmagas likes this.
  20. chakko

chakko Alien

I'm confused now. What does that option do? I thought AC had a soft lock (if i get the meaning correctly. I mean the "bump" when the steering hits the rotation limit of the car's steering).

21. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

For me, it's always been simple:
    • Does it look like you're really driving a car?
    • Does it sound like you're really driving a car?
    • Does it feel like you're really driving a car?
    Assetto Corsa does all of that but only suffers on number two. Stereo sound in a racing sim is simply not good. If you can't hear what's happening behind you, beside you and in front of you simultaneously, it takes away a LOT of the immersion experience.

Everything else, if you ask me, is just nitpicking. They fix that, this game is worth 5 times its weight in gold.

reidz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.