1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alt-Enter affecting fps in a positive way.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Crunch, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Crunch

Crunch Racer

Strange thing I discovered this evening about AC. When sitting on the start line w/ 6-10 AI my fps usually sits at 50 when I'm running HDR and a certain graphics settings. I usually run with fps and v-sync at 100, so since it cant hold 100 with these settings it halves the fps until it can render at 100.

However, if I hit alt-enter once, then again, the fps increases to 100 and stays there the entire race, its like getting an instant fps boost. Alt-enter usually switches between full screen and windowed mode, normally.

I can detect no visual difference between after alt-tabbing and prior. It doesn't appear to be shutting anything off graphically. I'm just wondering what exactly its doing to the graphics engine to make it perform.

Just thought I'd share this as it may help others having fps issues.

Felice Pugliese and Cote Dazur like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mirrors affecting light source Sep 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Heavy brake pedal affecting lap time ? Mar 17, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Virtual Mirror affecting replay performance Sep 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Sector times app working without affecting crossfire performance Mar 22, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues FOV affecting LOD Jun 20, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Steam at it again - badly affecting AC May 28, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Full screen mode switching to windowed mode affecting crossfire Dec 4, 2013

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yea I have found this out a little while back maybe should have posted here earlier too:) main thing I think is happening is it allows triple buffering to work when using v-sync so this allows frames to be at any rate below the sync level. Without triple buffering and v-sync on if the frame rate goes below the sync this will tend to go to half the refresh rate. I tried forcing triple buffering in the drivers but nothing worked but when using alt-enter before race this works fine and my frame rate stay at or just below my sync rate the few times at the start of race.

Without doing this even a slight slow down will cause pretty big issues and so I have made a habit of doing this at the start of each session if using V-sync. Even with sync off there seems to be better performance and I also have not noticed any IQ differences by doing this only improved performance.

4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I notice you both have nV cards.

With my AMD card (single card - dual core) pressing Alt-Enter enables/disables the second core, obv boosting the fps when enabled. This is the case for others who have crossfired 2 AMD cards.

5. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Alt+Tab helps for me. I have Ati.

6. Crunch

Crunch Racer

Funny thing is whereas before alt-enter I was obviously getting less than 100 frames, and after alt-enter I'm getting a solid 100 the whole time. If it is engaging triple buffer then triple buffer must also increase fps (in this case), not just keep the fps from cutting in half. I have tried forcing triple buffer using D3Doverrider which worked at preventing the fps from being cut in half, but didn't seem to increase fps like alt-enter does.

They really should include a triple buffer feature in game settings.

EDIT

My only concern with triple buffer is that I've heard (and seen in other games) that triple buffer smoothens out fps but will increase input lag.

7. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

I get SIGNIFICANTLY more input/steering lag if I alt tab in the game. Very bad.