1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMAZING Race!!!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by D.Jankovic, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yeah, some had suffered from the crash, but I also noticed that many servers with low/medium population keep restarting, possibly to play around with the weather settings.

It is like that, inside the region of that corner. If you don't want a penalty (and aren't sure if you gained something), have a quick lift and most likely everything is fine. For the Monza chicanes, follow the escape paths and you are fine.
    What you will never see is a "lose 3.2s during the next 2 laps", that's nonsense

chksix and mms like this.
  2. Not Next 2 Laps. But in 15 or 30s maybe.

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

This

Tuching the plates for example T1 monza? Do those add some penalities? Or even if you hit them you get away widouth penality?

4. Minolin

I think we mean the same. The corner section ends quite a bit after the actual corner, so if you handle a possible cut reasonably you won't have a problem.
    What I want to prevent is to let drivers rejoin the track, start accelerating and *then* start to manage their penalty, possibly by a lift or worse.

Kopiller and Max Doubt like this.
  5. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Can there be a problem if the mistake or avoidance occurs near the end of the corner section? Are there a few seconds allowance possible without immediate acceleration in such cases?

6. Minolin

How do you possibly gain time by going offtrack at the end of a corner (that is after whatever you'd consider a corner)?

Kopiller and mms like this.
  7. It's a bit more than simple mistakes.

Having an harsh system might seems a bit of an overkill but it's more fair than it being discretional. Plus it's kinda educational

Generally we are more prone to do risky manouvers for lot of reasons, the first is not actually being in a real race with real consequences.
    Sometimes, me first, happens to get into a "who cares" state of mind that is really dangerous for yours and others race.

The whole point of the ratings, penalties etc is to reward being safe, constant and competitive.

It's okay if you want to drive always ALL IN to do the best lap, there is the leaderboard.
    On the other hand considering what I've seen during a race generally a more conservative driver, even if slower, has way more chances over a faster ALL IN driver.

8. I have seen that. Let me lift the gas to serve the penalty while I'm being followed closely.

Didn't ended well

9. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I see, it sounded as though the system treated the corners as a section and I wondered if a transgression near the end of the section could result in a penalty as there would be little or no time for any further assessment of time (not) gained. Cheers.

10. mms

mms Alien

Yup, I can confirm that, I missed my breaking mark on the second chicane on Zolder, so I had to cut the track, but I slowed down and I only got a warning. I was worried I'm going to get a penalty, but was happy to see I only got the warning. My only wish is to get these warnings by the radio, as its hard to see them in VR.

Micii1, chksix, Coanda and 2 others like this.
  11. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

To clarify, my query was prompted by an occurrence at Zolder on the 2nd chicane. I missed brake point and entered the corner cutting while trying to slow. I had entered the left hand section while still braking and trying to regain control, and crossed the road limits on the outside right still braking. I had gained time and immediately received a warning, before accelerating again, without any chance to give the time up. I thought this may have been due to the 'corner detection zone' or similar having been completed before I'd been able to pause or even stop to give the time back.

12. Minolin

mh right, need to check Zolder. After a ... let's say very rough first contact with the cut disqualifications in 0.6 MP, we moved around quite a few corner definitions. It's entirely possible that Zolder did not get that (or the necessary) treatement.
    You need to consider that the downside of this effort is a less precise exit speed determination, so for corners where you majorly gain on the exit (instead of the duration of the corner), it's wise not to move the "end" too far away.

Max Doubt likes this.
  13. But no fixed time penalty like ac1 with no gas pedal. Just the time that you really gain.