1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMD introduces Radeon RX480

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by donShere, Jun 1, 2016.

1. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Price for the RX480 is estimated at 200 dollar and according AMD good enough for VR-games.

36 compute units good for 5Tflops calculating power.

The RX480 will come with 4 or 8GB gddr5 memory and 256bit-bus and gets a tdp of 150Watt. GPU speed of 1266MHz.

2 RX480's in crossfire are faster than a GTX1080! The 4GB should be for sale end of June.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    AMD Polaris 67DF:C7 CF is the 2x 8GB crossfire benchmark.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Protoduct and mESCx like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error - Problem with AMD Graphics Card? - Solved May 7, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality AMD's Next Gen RX 7900XTX with disappointing performance in VR Jan 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error on startup with no message [amdxx64.dll crash - gpu driver reinstallation] Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Elgato Streamdeck stuck with Starter hotkey Sep 1, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality 3080 Vram not enough with AMD 5800x3d? May 2, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting No possibility to even start a race [AMD GPU driver crash - ATIDXX64.dll] Dec 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Enabling AMD FSR alters FOV [FSR disables projection correction] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Jun 22, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 + Ryzen 5800X + AMD RX6800 Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions AMD 5900X + RTX 3080, limiting factor? Monitoring data included. Jan 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality AMD GPU vs VR Nov 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions AMD RX 6800XT Nov 4, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues turns out AMD FX cpu overclock DOES make you faster (exploit/hack/bug/glitch idk) Sep 15, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Performance problem with AMD 5700 XT and driver names Aug 9, 2020

3. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

still a no for me, 2 in crossfire = tdp of 300w

1080 is 180w and no issues with crossfire or sli

William Sebastian likes this.
  4. What's the performance of a single RX480 on that chart?

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Sounds nice. If you have a good PSU already then why not. I know ATI have had a bad rep regarding driver issues etc, but i remember all the times i had ATI i never had issues. All i saw was that I got a lot of raw power for less money. They saved me during those times i had too little cash. When i do have cash i tend to go Nvidia.

6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

White bar with 18060 score.

I'll wait for some proper in game tests (all those 3DM etc. benchmarks don't mean anything to me) and that's probably what I'll get if it will there won't be. At least on paper looks like a good performance/$ ratio and it should be enough for me. But then GTX 1080 on NV presentation was running high clocks with really low temps, so I'm not going to jump on the hype train because of some pictures.

7. So, significantly better than a standard GTX 980, and (I assume) at a considerably lower price?

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

At least in that benchmark, yes. But we will see if it will be the same in actual games.
    199$ is price of 4GB version and 239$ (IIRC) of 8GB. Good move would be to wait what 1060 will show, but I'm not sure when nV plans to release it... and I'm kind of tired of that waiting.

9. Will that translate to £239 for the 8GB version here in the UK? If so, then that is very good value for money when compared to an Nvidia card.

10. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Price/performance wise I think it's good news for the midrange GPU's between 200 and around 300 dollar for the 8GB. If you're only interested in a high range GPU then Nvidia is your best choice.

11. LRM

LRM Simracer

Nop, the best choice is to wait for the true high end from AMD and Nvidia cards with both HBM2/GDDR5X and choose one of them, jumping hastily into something without looking or waiting for the competition is not the right thing to do, especially for those who are still with the high last gen GPU (980ti, fury etc).

As for the RX480, it supposed to have the same performance as a normal fury but with an entry level price rang, so it's a pretty good move from AMD and I'am looking forward for the first tests.

donShere likes this.
  12. Berry

Berry Alien

These things really have gone overboard with the prices, but the RX480 seems to be at a really nice price, something around the 200-220 euro mark would be great with this kind of performance, but I do suspect it'll be quite a little bit more expensive in Europe.That being said, I've always been an nVidia fan, and after having problems with both an HD3870 and an HD5850, I don't think I'll be switching back to AMD (I know that's being a bit blind, but still), if an upgrade is due, I'm pretty sure it'll be a GTX1060/Ti for me.
    Btw, I think the dual 480X comparison with the 1080 isn't really that conclusive, crossfire/SLI still isn't the golden pot people think it is, a single card setup is always superior in terms of stability and reliable performance.

jim jones likes this.
  13. I wouldn't even be thinking about upgrading if I had a GTX 980Ti under the bonnet. Crazy money for not all that much of a performance gain.

donShere likes this.
  14. Yami

Yami Racer

I am one of those guys who you would come and ask what parts you'll need and I am not like those others I do not let feelings affect my logic
    Forget about CF. (even tho this is a different story in DX12 and Vulkan you can make a search yourself, it is not like before both for NV and Amd and Intel)
    4GB version only 199$ 8gb thought to be 229$
    Gives on par performance to 980 (what is known for now, can be changed).

The sample is around 1.266mhz, we do not know how much overclock capacity it has so we'll see when Aftermarket cards launch.
    and from the knowledge gathered around internet it matches GTX 980 G1 (Gigabyte) for 200$ both being 4GB and 8GB may beat is big time when it is Memory limited situation.

and this is only RX 480, Hopefully there still RX 480X has to come, expected to give 980Ti performance under 300$ (Actually maximum 300$ expected around 270$+-15$).

And this is from AMD's mouth "RX 480 has over 5TFlop power", calculated power is 5.5TFlop with 1.266mhz clock (known sample clock).
    it also adresses AMD's high overhead issue with DX11.

So everyone have to celebrate this because this is a game changer.

But the performance (even tho we have 3dmark and ashes to compare right now so we can say it is onpar with 980), We still need
    other games to show up because only game being Ashes of Singularity and it is pure DX12 game.

Also 480 and 480x are gonna be mainstream, there still will be high-end cards.
    AMD Vega but little to nothing are clear about them yet.

Tho again, Everybody have to celebrate this.
    I may switch to RX 480X in next 6-7 months, I am still waiting on AMD Zen.
    I would pay i7 6700K price for 6C/12T Zen, or i5 6600K price for 4c/8T if it matches haswell performance per clock.

So if you gonna upgrade your build, don't do it now, Hold your breath a little more.
    but if you have much money, you can go switch to 1080 today, at least you'll not wait it is old tech but not a bad card just too expensive.

Lets hope RX 480 does what it is aimed at and Zen is performing as expected and priced same as RX 480.
    Someone have to stop the monopoly.

(I am not going to argue with anybody, take this post as a report of what is going on, I wanted to inform everybody around like a news reporter :p)

Deatroy, liakjim and Sub@fun like this.
  15. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

I've always had AMD cards on my PC starting from the very old ATI x1650 pro to x1950 pro followed by HD 6950 ,R9 270X and now i have r9 390 and never had any issues with drivers. From some sources they claim that this RX 480 will be on par or maybe better than r9 390x being also a lot more energy efficient. If that's the case, i will sell for sure my r9 390 and get one of them instead. I'm very happy with my card now, it has rock solid performance in 1440p giving me an average of 60 frames per second on most demanding games with everything maxed out and never goes above 70 celsius gaming. Some people just need to stop this fanboyism and open their eyes and watch latest comparisons with latest drivers now that R9 300 series and nvidia 900 series are out for a while, everyone will realize that nvidia tend to perform worse in time while AMD keep improving their old products. If you don't believe me, you can watch yourself and see that a r9 390 like mine outperform a 980 in most recent games and a r9 390x is close to a 980ti for less than half of the price. But people are still blind and keep believing what they hear from people who has never had even an amd card. I also watched the thread about AC benchmarks here in chit chat room and i'm really surprised there is a lot of people in the internet spreading misleading informations about performance and still believe their 970 is better than a 390. Amd is still the best choice over time in my opinion because you still get better performance even after 2 years and of course for people who doesnt like to spend 800 euros every year for a new gpu that has 15 fps improvement over the last generation of cards.

16. Yami

Yami Racer

Pro advice do not switch your r9 390 with a 480, it will be non-sense
    480x may give you 10FPS at same clock speeds, but 480 will not worth it.

You better wait for 490 and 490x.

17. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

lol @ old x1650, I can remember when 3d graphics cards were 1st a thing, S3, Rage and Voodoo cards, I've always gone with best VFM at the time with the last 3 cards have been from the green corner

always had a "less than £250 on a graphics card" rule, but then I bought a 980, whoops

18. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

I would like to change mainly because of TDP. Where i live, electriticy bills are crazy high and if 480x can provide good efficiency with a reasonable improvement in the frame rate side, i would consider buying it but ofc if performance will be about the same, i will wait for vega in october.
    Unfortunately i had not the possibility to build my pc when these cards you mentioned where in the market but i know them well. I built my first PC at the age of 14-15 years old, so that's why i consider x1650 pro old enough in my case.

19. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I'm thinking about buying RX480 to power 3x1080p@60Hz screens which it should be capable to do if GTX 970 can, but does AMD has a working feature similar to Shadowplay? I mean hardware capture and encoding of the in-game video with negligible performance impact (it's 1-2% for nVidia's Shadowplay). And if it does how good it works with Steam Link? I sometimes play games on my TV and use Steam Link for that

20. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Ashes of Singularity is an awful game in general and has had a massive edge on AMD hardware. I can't recall a game that Nvidia has performed so poorly on. If this were on one of the other various DX12 games it could be a good measure of the true power, but this is such an awful benchmark to show true capability. Wait for some actual benchmarks from review sites. Nvidia also tried to pull the same crap with some outrageous graph during the GTX 1080 launch.

donShere likes this.
  21. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Because AMD uses GCN arquiteture for a good time and Nvidia changes more fast.

And if the Assetto Corsa is used for a benchmark, I use a GTX 670 and have 144 fps constantly on 1440p resolution. Old Nvidia card, but still very good.