1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMD RX 6800XT

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by nicknack 2, Nov 4, 2020.

1. nicknack 2

nicknack 2 Rookie

I need a new graphics card soon to pair with an x570 motherboard and ryzen 5900x.

The rx5700xt seems to perform at or around a 2070 super in most games but suffers badly in ACC and is closer to the 2060 in performance I believe?

Do people think the 6800xt will show a similar performance loss to Nvidia cards In ACC? I do play other games but If 3080 holds a sizeable advantage in ACC I might have to stick with nvidia

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error - Problem with AMD Graphics Card? - Solved May 7, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality AMD's Next Gen RX 7900XTX with disappointing performance in VR Jan 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error on startup with no message [amdxx64.dll crash - gpu driver reinstallation] Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Elgato Streamdeck stuck with Starter hotkey Sep 1, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality 3080 Vram not enough with AMD 5800x3d? May 2, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting No possibility to even start a race [AMD GPU driver crash - ATIDXX64.dll] Dec 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Enabling AMD FSR alters FOV [FSR disables projection correction] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Jun 22, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 + Ryzen 5800X + AMD RX6800 Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions AMD 5900X + RTX 3080, limiting factor? Monitoring data included. Jan 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality AMD GPU vs VR Nov 7, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues turns out AMD FX cpu overclock DOES make you faster (exploit/hack/bug/glitch idk) Sep 15, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Performance problem with AMD 5700 XT and driver names Aug 9, 2020
    General modding discussion Severe ramdon shadows shown on track mesh via Kseditor, but smooth in original 3d programe May 21, 2020

3. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I'm waiting for the reviews of the AMD 6000 graphic cards before I build my opinion. Judging by the launch event it looks promising, but there were some crucial information missing, like what's about DXR (Raytracing), how does it perform vs. a RTX 3000 series or what about Super Resolution in comparison with DLSS ...

Still waiting before I want to decide which would be better to get.

Whitestar likes this.
  4. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

The card is different, we can't predict how features like the infinity cache affect ACC.

But with AMDs combined research budget for this design, getting developed for PC, XBOX and PS, the chances should be pretty good to have a competitive cards.

sissydriver likes this.
  5. RSR2KX

RSR2KX Racer

Hi,

nobody knows atm we need to wait for independent tests.

I am also in for a new build and tend to 5900X/6800XT/6900 XT.
    I think we need to wait till the end of the year how things evolve.

AMD´s SAM (Smart Access Memory) is interesting in combination with Zen 3. https://www.amd.com/de/technologies/smart-access-memory
    It´s maybe minor but every frame counts and if you can get it as a bonus i´ll take it.

For me one thing i am waiting for is if they will introduce DLSS 2.1 into ACC, then i will probably go with NV, although i doubt it, because it limits the userbase.

More interesting is what they will do with DirectML/FidelityFX/Super Resolution where everybody could benefit with an DX 12 compatible card, if i have understand that correctly.

Early next year i think it will be a lot more clear what makes the most sense, at least for me in the regard of ACC.

cheers

AndyK70 likes this.
  6. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

At 4K on EPIC settings, the 3080 is a whopping 29% faster than 6800xt. The 3080 averages 84FPS while 6800xt averages only 60FPS.

Source: https://babeltechreviews.com/vr-war...80-15-vr-games-performance-benchmarked/?amp=1

There is also VR benchmark on Vive pro where 3080 is only 4% faster. However, since the average FPS was 138FPS, they probably faced some CPU bottleneck with 10900k.

In any case, it seems that Nvidia is still a way to go if you upgrade to make the most out of ACC.

Based on this, even the upcoming 6900xt will struggle against lower tier 3080.

Rather disappointing, as I really wanted to upgrade from 3080 to 6900xt...

AndyK70 likes this.
  7. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

They used an Intel, so no SAM for the radeon, in combination with a loaned nvidia FE card.
    If you load their main page, take a look at those huge RTX banners left and right: https://babeltechreviews.com/
    On the about us page, the founder wears an nvidia badge around his neck.

I don't expect a completely unbiased review on that page ;) It might be accurate, it might be not, definitely waiting for other benchmarks.

Loeki, chksix and AndyK70 like this.
  8. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

SAM is not that relevant as the same feature will soon be enabled on nVidia as well.

More benchmarks will definetly be needed, but their results from other games are in line with results of other reviewers.

9. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

In that case DLSS is irrelevant as well, because something similar will be available on AMD as well. However, it seems that anything AMD still sucks big with ACC, and that is ridiculous. I wish someone would explain why, and if it is just the Unreal engine, then that engine is crap and needs to go.

AndyK70 likes this.
  10. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

What i'm confused about is the hughe gap between the VR High Preset and 4k Epic Preset benchmark.

Vive Pro has a display resolution of 2880x1600. Render resolution of 4032x2240. Plus x1.2 Pixel density. Thats 4838 x 2688 (13M pixel)
    >3080 is ~10% faster with slightly less consitent Frametimes

4k is either 3840x2160 or 4096 × 2160. (8.3 / 8.8M pixel)
    >3080 is 39% faster

There are a lot more pixel to render at VR High Preset on a vive pro compared to 4k. Logically the 3080 should be even better off in vr compared to 4k. So either:
    1) i'm missing something
    2) they messed up the benchmark
    3) One of the graphics settings absolutly destroys amd cards

:confused:

Loeki likes this.
  11. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

12. dek

dek Racer

13. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Well, many games use Unreal, also version 4, and although I don't know how AMD performs in all of them, but you can find many statements that say that Unreal 4 does favor Nvidia over AMD. That this engine might not made for the racing scenario is irrelevant, this is about Nvidia performing too much better in ACC. So is the explanation really just that the Unreal 4 engine doesn't like AMD, or is it ACC, if the difference is bigger in ACC than in other engine 4 games?

If the problem is indeed this engine, then the next question is why Kunos chose such a crap engine in the first place, assuming Kunos didn't deliberately want to spit in AMD cards owners faces? IMHO a game should work within reasonable margins with both major videocard producers, or otherwise warn people not to buy their game if you don't have a specific brand videocard.

14. ESF

ESF Rookie

15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

If you use iRacing at all the SMS and SPS tech from the NVIDIA cards is worth another 15-30% so NVIDIA is still a no-brainer at this point for me.