1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic American classic muscle pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bibbles, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Would anyone else like to see a classic American muscle car dlc pack ?

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American DLC - One great track, still must have Nov 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American and challenger dlc Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room PS5 - North American Leagues? Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU 100% in VR on menu screens - since downloading American tracks Sep 7, 2022
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.8.15 and American Track Pack update OUT NOW! Jun 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions North American XBOX League looking for Commentators / Drivers- ACC 9th Gen Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room North American League Recruiting Drivers - Sim Racing Alliance Jan 7, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Why are there no American, South American and Asian tracks at the ACC? Oct 29, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room OISF Champions League GT Series - American - European - Asia-Ociania - World Cup Aug 25, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 206 – American Brands Dec 12, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer American Server Competition Jun 4, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Are there any American-based ACC leagues? May 22, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC Series]American Ferrari 355 Challenge Sep 5, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room cmsracing.com Monday Night GT3 Series! North American Based Jun 15, 2019
    Suggestions American Muscle Pack Jan 6, 2018

3. Orne

Orne Alien

It might be interesting. I'm a fan of the old Mustangs and Camaros although the handling on those old muscle cars is/was terrible. Straight line cars all the way.

I do enjoy driving the 2015 Mustang in AC as well as the Shelby Cobra. They can certainly be a handful at speed.

Bibbles likes this.
  4. cobra188d

cobra188d Gamer

I grew up in the muscle car era and had a few myself. As Orne said, they're straight line cars, not alot of fun going around corners because they do it so badly.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Shelby Cobra is the only car in AC that I have issues driving even though im not trying to go quick with it.

6. Orne

Orne Alien

Yea the Cobra steering is sketchy !! . Some cars drive themselves the Cobra isn't one of them. The Cobra could have its HP cut in half and it would still be a blast to drive.

I love the GT40 as well but the engine over powers its primitive chassis and makes it a handful and then some to drive at speed. I would love if we could get modern slick tyres for the GT40 but I suppose that takes away from the nostalgia of driving it with bias ply tyres. Off and on I torture myself by driving the GT40 at Mugello, its a great challenge for sure!

7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

No personally I'm not interested at all. Some of them are really cool irl but would be completely meh in sim.

8. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

If it involves a classic T/A Mustang, Camaro and Boss 302, sign me up.

9. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

There has already been a mod pack of muscle cars (so it's free), im sure you could find them over on RaceDepartment.. It has about 5 or 6 cars iirc. stuff like a Cuda, Charger, Camero, Goat...
    But as others have said they are not really that great, if you wanna go around a corner, you basically have to drift the back end around each corner, they don't like going around the tracks just normally..

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Console lounge buddy not pc.

11. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

So I get the impression that people only want cars that are easy to drive in a sim, thats a shame.

12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah, that must be it. :rolleyes:

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Orne

Orne Alien

Aint nothing easy about driving the Cobra or GT40 or the Maserati 250F or the Abarth 595s. If Kunos decides to make a classic American muscle car pack I will buy it as I'm sure the vehicle handling will be extremely accurate, annoyances and all. I just dont think most folks realize how terribly those cars drove at speed in their original unmodified state and as a result many might be put off. Most folks have only driven muscle cars in Gran Turismo, Forza and other arcade racers in which the cars handle more like modern sport cars. Leaf springs, live axles and bia ply tyres will be a huge reality check for a lot of folks.. lolz

Now if we are talking 70s Trans AM series muscle cars that are built for the track with proper suspensions that might be more interesting. Although I can't say how much money such car pack would generate compared to the time and effort required to create as well as the cost of licensing vehicles. Thats always a consideration.

Check out the 2015 Mustang GT in Assetto Corsa, while its suspension is considerably more advanced than 70s era muscle cars its live axle will give you a taste of what to expect. Oh and make sure you put street tyres on that Mustang as well.:D:p

Ace Pumpkin, Bibbles and Tomcul like this.
  14. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Im a American muscle car fan , driven a few irl my friend owns a Plymouth fury ( Christine) so I know what they drive like ;-)

ChasSheen likes this.