1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well we will find out tomorrow :)

2. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah indeed. Have to admit that I was a bit dissapointed when we didn't get the beta update last Friday. But I'm over it now. :D

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I just got mail from Reiza it is gonna be today :) .. wonder whose today it is gonna be .. I guess guys in Brazil gonna hage nice evening :)

sherpa25 likes this.
  4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

So it should be in by the time I wake tom :)

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah the sounds are amazing. There are sounds for everything you do (braking, shifting. Shifting is much louder in AMS which i love) and from everything on the car. It really adds immersion and you "hear" what the car is doing. They did really well on this. And even if there were no brake squeal, just hearing a brake pedal being pushed adds to the feeling a lot. Im a junkie when it comes to sounds and its one of the biggest things for immersion.

Matty28 and Jebus like this.
  6. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah I got that mail too but I kinda thought that maybe it came a day too early. Wouldn't mind to get Caterhams today tho that's for sure.

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nils is streaming live, doing chitchat.

DaveS78 and TDS like this.
  8. Well I just started the download of ams and the season pass, I hope it is as good as everyone says. The main reason is that I really don't like the way that ac feels after this last update, I wish I could roll back to the previous version. I really enjoyed this sim before but now it has lost all of its appeal.:(

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

AMS is among my favorite titles for several reasons and the car-handling and FFB are certainly a couple of them. AMS FFB conveys under-steer in a more gradual way, the build-up of resistance prior to grip loss can take a little time to tune into but, it definitely works great with the tire sounds to convey what's happening.

10. Man that sounds just like what I am looking for, sounds good.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

AMS is just the best overall package, period. Great physics, good selection of cars and tracks. ( And yes,I do count the brasillian tracks as a plus! Ads to the challenge. )
    Lastly Reiza got the ffb refined. Feeling of understeer is top notch here.
    But I do not feel the connection, I do feel instantly in AC.
    Nevertheless, AMS is the first contender. Loving both.

emha76 and Alistair McKinley like this.
  12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

You took the right decision.
    Use this for crystal clear graphics :

nvidia :

Antialiasing mode - Override application settingsAntialiasing setting - 8x MSAntialiasing transparency multisampling - enabledAntialiasing transparency supersampling - 8xSparse Grid supersamplingAnisotropic filtering mode - user defined/offAnisotropic filtering setting - 16xTexture filtering negative LOD bias - clampTexture filtering quality - high quality

Then in configuration tool :

[​IMG]

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Dean Ogurek, Derrellbiffle and norbs like this.
  13. Thanks liakjim.

14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

liakjim and Derrellbiffle like this.
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Well said but, I'd have to say I feel a bit more "connected" to the virtual car in AMS; that may have to do with how the sounds are so well integrated into the physics and the FFB.

In regard to under-steer feeling, AC has a distinct "drop-off" of resistance and AMS has more of a "build-up" of resistance that serves to provide an early warning for under-steer; the AMS way gives more margin resulting in improved driver input IMO.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    etukeno likes this.
  16. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

Personally I attribute that to simply the need to deprogram oneself from the expectations laden by a long standing love for one sim when moving to try out another, particularly when you're approaching it with high expectations. I include this proviso even years into ownership of both sims.

My default and most beloved is AMS. I say everything about AMS that most people around here say about AC above other sims. In part I think its almost entirely legitimate on my part and most here share that. I however feel that sense of connection immediately with it and in new cars I don't know I am far more comfortable pushing them in a fast racey way than in AC. AC has taken me nearly 2 years to learn to truly love and it took sucking it up and really driving it hard and exclusively for tens of hours. Finally it breathed to life for me and I'm sure when I go back to AMS I'll be missing something I feel in AC, but only briefly.

I firmly believe they're both worth every minute you spend in them but its hard to navigate them both, kind of like being in love with two women at once. You'll always feel a bit more loyal to the first one you kissed (I know, terribly douche baggy analogy lol).

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

To me it's like this:

AC for pure driving pleasure, AMS for the offline racing fix.

Both are great, and well worth having then in your collection.

18. This feels a bit funny when you think that the whole community have played pretty much only rFactor-based titles for the last + 10 years. Not sure where we should "deprogram" ourselves from..? :)

That wasn't any statement regarding AMS or AC. Just an observation.

nate and LChaves like this.
  19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep but AMS doesn`t feel anything like rF1 ... just like GTR2 or GTR Evo didn`t feel like it ... quite big difference in terms of driving feel, physics, FFB .. I always hated driving in rF1, yet all three mentioned isiMotor based games are great for me .. AMS currently being on top .. we will see what will new studio do with rF2 but till than ... :)

etukeno, Dean Ogurek and Ace Pumpkin like this.