1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. I's not a demo, it's a private beta for those who contributed (lvl 2 at least) in the crowdfunding. So if you didn't, you can't download it.

Jebus likes this.
  2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

than you are out of luck .. if you are backer (level 2 and higher) you`ll get acces to AMS beta and if you bought SCE on steam or activated nonsteam version of it before January 5th you will get full version of AMS for free sometime in Q1 2016 (till end of march hopefully)

Patrik Marek likes this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Updated PC, AMS beta released...plans to clean my appartment tonight just went down the drain.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

do you get an email notification or something? I seem to remember I bought GSC via that crowd funding thing when I saw it in the AC GSC thread

5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I don't think you can, unless their campaign is still available
    yeah, it says it's closed , I dont' know if there is a way to get it .. perhaps you can ask about it on their forums

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza

Robin_NL likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I can't check right now...only just saw this thread. But usually yes - email...preferably in spam folder.
    Really looking forward to testing this!

Andy-R likes this.
  7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I thought I was being clever getting the non steam copy... I assumed I would be able to activate it and have both, id rather not be tied to steam if I can help it... that idea backfired!
    id probably only play it once in a blue moon anyway. I only bought gsc because formula vee :p

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

More info can be found here: http://game-automobilista.com/

AMS is not a totally new title but, perhaps more of a blending of rF1 & rF2 features with some added special ingredients IMO. The great thing is that Reiza places greater emphasis on "Simulation" aspects - maybe without some of rF2's complexity. I don't know if they can pull off totally convincing dirt-surface physics but, I like that they are trying to make it work although, the detailed dirt-surface effects currently come through too harshly (via wheel and SimVibe). Reiza released an update last night to address some of the bigger issues being pointed out by players and will continue to release frequent updates leading up to release.

The road debris (Marbles) on the paved track surfaces can be clearly felt through the wheel and SimVibe effects. The updated FFB is working brilliantly with the AccuForce and the tracks that have been updated look better and have more bumps and small details that add a lot of tactile feedback to the experience. These are just a couple of things that make AMS attractive to me but, YMMV; and it's nice to have something as a diversion while things are quiet here in AC world. :)

witoldinho, Ogure, DaveS78 and 2 others like this.
  9. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I have SCE on Steam long time ago, and I don't see AMS beta. I guess I'll wait for them to release AMS and unlock it for me then.

IMHO I think the hype around AMS is a little bit too much. Maybe it's just me who's a bit allergic to hype around racing sim now.

I like the redesigned UI but it still looks like a polished RF HD UI mod to me, and even the black and red color scheme looks similar. I think they should have designed the UI like this is the first place when they made SCE. The tiny little left right arrows are really a stupid idea to switch between mods.

10. The more I drive race cars in AMS, more I think it has the most believeably behaving race cars in whole sim racing genre and no other comes even close to it. FFB feels amazing now with increased refresh rates and cars are wonderful to drive.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The only question I have is, do they behave more progressive over the limit, or is there this odd wtf factor , typical for rF, still present?

Boris Lozac likes this.
  12. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The Mini in GT Legends (ISI Motor2 based) responds just fine to left foot braking.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  13. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

You actually assumed correctly. Go to Race Department, then go to the Reiza section of the forums. Find Renato and send him a PM telling him that you bought into the crowdfunding campaign last summer, and chose the non-steam version of GSCE. It was offered from July until mid January to get a steam copy of the game... so, you just werent aware and didnt get it. You should have already had a beta code too... but if you didnt check any emails from indiegogo, then you probably wont. It doesnt just appear magically :p Although, since you are asking now, and not when you were supposed to, dont expect them to help you out, but if they do, good on them. :)

For everyone else, the beta was for the crowdfunding backers only... as has already been said. You cant get the beta anymore. The game will release in a few weeks though. And honestly, you probably wouldnt want the beta now anyway. It's quite buggy at the moment and there are a lot of FFB issues for most people.

Ace Pumpkin and esox71 like this.
  14. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I'll give this a go once it's fully out.

It's strange. It's certainly "feature complete", but I somehow find driving in GSCE really dull, compared to AC. I doubt that will really have changed in AMS...

What I find hilarious is how even one of its biggest fans (with that funny tabloid website) recognizes that the engine is 15 years old and that that is a problem, but rejects AC which has a new engine, but apparently (unforgivably) isn't as "feature complete", yet.... :p

It's a lot easier to be feature complete by the time your engine is 15 yrs old, of course.... :)

Boris Lozac, nate and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

if you are talking about SCE ( since you said you dont' see AMS yes) I agree, It's totally hard to notice. I first thought I only have few cars and perhaps I need to win some races to unlock more.

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I checked back and my email says gsc full copy so im not sure if I did buy the crowd funding thing. the beta doesnt bother me, what bothers me is I contacted them some time shortly after or during July last year and was told I couldnt have a steam code as I had bought after a certain time yet now I see them saying those that activate up to jan 5th but I guess you had to buy gsc before they made the switch to steam to be able to get a steam code. so despite spending the same amount of money as everyone else (and only buying the game after reading about the crowd funding and future plans) id have to pay again to get the updated gsc/automob...

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yesterday I saw the beta with the Formula Trucks on a German YouTube channel, and I think those only are worth a buy. Looked quite funny.

Dookie likes this.
  18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

not sure what you saw but there is no forumula truck in AMS beta ... perhaps you saw Super Trucks ? .. Formula Trucks should be added there later just like Copa Montana and "Porsche" Cup Car I think

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This, sorry.

20. Not sure what you mean with this "odd wtf factor" of rFactor but it is very proggressive over the limit (to the point where driving lines doesn't be as important as in AC for example). So yes it's still based on rFactor but at the same time heavily improved.

There are those rFactorish possible faults (like the non-produceable LFB because of less effective weight transfer (?) ) but stiff and low race cars it does really well.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.