1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

For anyone not sure on how to get this to work (I just figured it out), you need to have a Stock Car Extreme BETA key, received for any level 2 and above backers during their indigogo campaign. When I funded them during the campaign I received 2 separate emails:

1) Stock Car Extreme Steam Key (Activated)
    2) Stock Car Extreme BETA Steam Key (I never activated)

With that being said I just searched my email for the Stock Car Extreme BETA Steam Key, entered it into steam, it said thank you, and now I have Automobilista Beta showing up.

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

so as I was driving in GSC I was thinking about you (weird I know :D) .. nah, just remembered your issue with LFB, tested it and it works just fine in GSC, weight transfer seems to be fine too .. so who knows .. we`ll see how it will be in final release ..

3. Now I feel completely stupid. Just tried once again and I was able to do it perfectly with both cars (RallyX & Mini). There has been couple of updates since the version I drove but change log is showing only some tyre softness updates which would somehow relate. I bet I was just tired, blind or both. :)

4. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well whatever happend it`s a good thing .. thanx for report ..

LeDude83 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

So if somebody without access to beta is eager to try it, AMS is entering Early acces phase this weekend... available to everyone who activated GSC on steam before January 6th. Enjoy.

Also if you don't have GSC during EA period AMS will be 20% off

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Erwin, Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  6. EA is weird for a game that has been available for years, but at least it is 20% cheaper for the next month or so.

7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

It's far from the same game Michael.

9. It is the same game with new content and new features though; it would be like Kunos putting the v1.5 update in Early Access somehow. (which maybe they should do, seems that simracers will fall for just about any marketing trick in the book)

10. Don't over excite yourself with AC 1.5, so far its just some textures improvements on the tracks.

burrito likes this.
  11. saxohare

saxohare Racer

quote from Renato Simioni on Racedepartment

We have elected to release AMS in Steam Early Access this weekend. There are various reasons why we believe this to be a good move, most important of which is having a broader userbase for the development of the new Steam-based matchmaker and the new leaderboard system (along with some relevant features for both).

That means if you already have Stock Car Extreme activated on Steam and you bought it before January 6th, you will already be able to play Automobilista this weekend free of any extra charge! The game should be added to your library as soon as it´s released.

If you did not purchase Stock Car Extreme, Early Access will offer you a chance to get Automobilista with a 20% discount (which will gradually reduce as we approach the full release).

You can check out Automobilista store page here.

Eduard Mallorquí likes this.
  12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I think that calling it EA is just cause of weird situation about this game, it is not be game, it is not the same game, calling it open beta and giving options to buy it might rise negative reaction from players ..
    I understand it as open beta where we will test content and features they will add during EA.

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I don't agree with you ( well it isn't the 1st time :)).

I will tell you for sure, when i test this on weekend though.

15. Ah, okay...I thought 1.5 was going to include some new content and maybe even a new feature like SP pitstops or something...had no idea it was only going to be a couple graphics tweaks. I guess if Kunos added the things I thought they were it would make AC a completely new game and they would have to change the name and start over in EA. :rolleyes:

16. esox71

esox71 Alien

"Holy early access", It's in my steam library?

17. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

1.5 changelog:

- Some textures improvements on the tracks.

The end.

:rolleyes:

18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I dont understand your issue with it..
    GSC wasn't only about Brazilian stock cars anymore, they don't have licence to it anymore and that in combination with plans to do bigger changes, obtaining license to isi engine and not being able to officially having it as modding platform naturally leads to name change. No big deal

If you have GSC you'll get it for free, if you don't you will pay just like you would pay for GSC if it didn't change name. No double charges, no evil genius trying to rule the world, no negatives only better sim for us...

And if Kunos would introduce day cycle, dynamic track, multiple light sources, some other features and content and decide to change name, give it to us for free and for testing purposes would put it to EA/beta again you would be quiet and happy you are getting better game, won't you? I surely would

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    mrk1001 and esox71 like this.
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Despite the seemingly minor changes to AMS on the face of things, there are some major changes occurring under the skin. There is code work for new features that needs extensive testing and constant adjustments and tweaks, some bugs can only be found and fixed in certain situations with certain hardware configurations that come with a broader user-base. New cars, tracks and event types means even more testing and fixing is needed so this move makes sense.

Reiza has been impressively responsive throughout the process so far with fixes coming daily. They seem to be very well organized and efficient in addressing issues. The rapid pace at which they work is amazing to me considering they are such a small studio. I think they deserve the support of serious sim-racers that appreciate attention to detail in the areas that matter most - not just graphics and fluff. The v8 SuperCars alone are worth the price of admission IMO, I can't get enough of those. There are quite a few tracks I've yet to learn but, that is a whole new adventure in itself.:)

20. TDS

TDS Alien

MH, so rfactor has almost all Brasilian Tracks? Super trucks too?... oh right its the same as rfactor. pfffff you sound like a broken record, a 46 yo one with all the highs stripped out by a diamond tip that's kinda boring to hear over and over again.
    Where can you race the most exotic and exciting Brazilian Tracks anywhere else?And a 1976 GP Historic Interlagos made beautifully? ahh right nowhere :)
    I think we could call AMS engine Refactory 1.999, but the content as exotic bad *** stuff only the true racing fan will enjoy.
    But i guess you will not enjoy it, bad for you tho.

kro and LeDude83 like this.