1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. I don't know, PC2 is quite messy when it comes to physics and according to that interview to Renato, it doesn't look like Niels will be much involved.

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep that is a bummer but from what I understand Renato did quite a lot of cars in AMS so who knows ... question if PC2 mess is result of too many cars and devs trying to please everybody (causal, more serious, consoles, PC, ...) or flaws in code .. there were cars that felt genuinely good in PC2 .. also who does the physics matters .. look at R3E, how it improves with Alex in team .. and when it comes to handeling they have good reference point in AMS :) .. but sure, I`m just hoping they wont mess it up, not convinced till I play it ..

LChaves likes this.
  3. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Don't forget Madness engine has evolved since PC2 release...

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I'd feel better if Niels were more involved but, it's still hard for me to imagine that Reiza won't improve on PC2 handling and FFB significantly. Time will tell but, I'll remain hopeful; sometimes, hope is all we have. :)

5. How so?

6. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

No idea to be honest, just reading all the replies from devs between forums and seems the Madness engine has evolved since PC2 release but nothing specific hinted so difficult to say "how"...btw at the end of day no matter the engine, Reiza will squeeze every bit of it as usual so I am confident on their choice and skills...
    At least we will have triples support and proper working VR at day one, lol.

7. plaid

plaid Alien

Does The ai in automobilista 1 Support endurance races, specificly overlapping like a decent player?
    Rf2 does apparently, pcars2, r3e and acc Sadly not.

Also did they mention mod support For nr 2?

8. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Sure!!!AI works great there!
    About modding on next title they said no...

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep .. and you got muli class races and somehow they manage to made arguably best AI in sims ... hope they will be able to do the same in AMS2 as pC2 AI was not that usable :)

10. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Sorry to be a pain but where did they say so? Can't find any reference to modding in the RD interview pt1.

I suspect you are right though. AMS1 was not intended as a mod platform, it was just built on rF1 which many modders were familiar with. Just as Kunos have their hands full just developing ACC with its new engine and don't have time to make it a mod platform, I suspect Reiza are in the same position.

EDIT - just found Renato's reply in the thread to the interview.

DaVeX↯ likes this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Part of Reiza getting access to source ISI code and wastly improving it was that they wont provide modding support .. so they couldnt ...

12. plaid

plaid Alien

Well that gives me a Little Hope.
    The majority of Sims offer Night and weather, various endurance cars and the features inclusing multiclass - and The Races End by The Front of The Field being stuck of shredding there Cars behind The back. And Even if you consider Multiplayer...how many races in a Month Happen?
    Dont Know Why kunos, sms and sector 3 Even Bother with all The stuff. Rain on/off would Be enough for 99,99999% of the races, if The ai is completely incapable of anything but simulating a Train. Or raming you, if
    The Aggression is set high.

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I dont think it is bad thing to have .. it has to move somewhere from where we are and dynamic surface and conditions are one of the things ... Reiza is good in making AI feel alive and capable so perhaps they will nail the bad weather AI too .. if pC2 AI engine wont throw sticks under their legs and AI will be bad even on dry ...

14. From what I understand rfactor already had good ai before AMS; will be very interesting to see if a couple guys can do what an entire team at SMS couldn't with the Madness ai.

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

not really even first improvement in AMS are far from what we have now ... except general behaviour improvements there was no long straight overtakes, agressive but clean inside/outside corner overtake, no use of dirt air, pitting was not working right, no tyre compounds change, fuelling was messed up, and of course overtaking slower cars(classes), reacting to flags (letting faster class pass in multiclass), basically everything that has to do something with multiclass and endurance and everything that has to do with all things Reiza added ... rF AI was pretty bad, even GTR Evo AI was better ..

Didnt their team grow quite a lot for AMS2? .. I think I red it but not sure where ..

This wouldnt happend in rF1 and it is some older build

rF was more like this (exaggerated a bit) :)

16. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Yeah AI spatial awareness is awesome and it can judge if worth passing you on middle of turns or not or waiting to enter on track after a crasch in order to avoid the other cars...

17. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

It might be worth saying that the "entire team at SMS" for AI is Doug Arnao and a coder or two. Those oldies among us might remember Doug from the Grand Prix Legends manual. Back in the days of GT Legends and GTR/GTR2, Doug did both the physics and the AI. He still has physics responsibilities but I get the impression Casey Ringley does most of the vehicle physics these days.

I think one of Reizas strengths has been the combination of Renato and Niels. Car physics (excluding physics coding) is normally handled by just one person. This helps with consistency compared to having two people doing the car physics independently. But at Reiza from what I've read, Niels and Renato work together. Niels of course has a high profile as a "physics guru" but Renato worked on the 79 F1 mod which was "big" back in the early days of rF1. He then worked for Simbin on the physics for GTREvo, before moving on to form Reiza. It's a shame Niels will be less involved going forwards though it sounds like a fair bit of his existing work will transfer to AMS2.

LChaves likes this.
  18. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

Skip ahead to 1:03:05

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    marmagas likes this.
  19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

So apparently they are not using tire models from SMS database but making their from a scratch .. other that that they developed tool that helped him massively to transfer as much from AMS as possible ..

And to that mention that madness engine evolved ... that seems to be true and they are passing those updates to Reiza as well ..

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Oh gosh, I’m a bit under stress to state this here,..........
    But this, oh my, will most likely blow every other competitor out of the water.
    ....if they learned from Kunos how to deliver a changing conditions racing experience.