1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Any Interest for a Racing League for Disabled Drivers?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by FriendOfJah, Mar 22, 2020.

1. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Hi Folks,

I'm new here to the ACC Simulation and the excellent Sim Racing Community here. I was wondering if there would be any interest in forming some type of league for those here who may have some type of disability (limitation) and looking for a place to gather to race together, give each other advice and share solutions with others who have similar experiences.

Years ago I used to do league racing on the old Nascar Racing 2003 platform by the now defunct Papyrus software. Over time, I got busy, and lost interest. In 2017 I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease (PD) and I became disabled and am no longer able to work since last year. My interest in auto racing returned, starting with F1 and in particular now with GTR road races . So, I dug out my old trusty Thomas Super Wheel and Pedals and fired up the old GTR2 program on my aged computer. It was quite enjoyable, but not the same this time. My PD causes me to have muscle fatigue and weakness among many of the other wonderful life altering symptoms. The fine motor skills that I once had, and would definitely need for any serious sim league racing are just not there. I'm able to race for no more than 60 minutes or so as it becomes increasingly difficult to be consistent with my wheel and pedal inputs due to the muscle fatigue. Recently I got a new high end gaming rig and signed up for a year of iRacing during the holidays. I've been using the Porsche GT3 car to to race against their new AI. I do greatly enjoy being able to setup a 60 minute session with the AI strength set so I typically come in at the end of the pack (or dead last) for a challenge. However, I really miss the interaction with people offered in multiplayer racing. Unfortunately, I just couldn't find a road racing league there for those with disabilities that met my needs.

Recently I found out about ACC by watching the awesome Chris Hayes YouTube channel. I picked it up and just love it! I would love to be able to race one night a week with others here using ACC that have disabilities. If you would be interested in doing so, please let me know here in this thread. Any feedback, suggestions or help provided on how we could get this setup too on ACC would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.

Roger

ps - I apologize to the Moderators if I put this posting in the wrong forum.

cestcomi, sloty, AndyK70 and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions interest in SRS like, iRacing like Multiplayer website? Jun 24, 2019
    Chit Chat Room How not to lose interest in Simracing? Dec 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Motor racing without being a diver - very interesting May 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Temporary (i hope) loss of interest in online racing Nov 16, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Rivali GUI 1.4 - Filtered out many bad AI cars. Racing is now interesting. Jan 13, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EASTERNS Racers | Our goal is to provide clean, interesting single races and events. Feb 28, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Interesting plan from Porsche using Assetto Corsa Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Aris Video Settings (In case anyone is interested/curious) Oct 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Competition server with driver swap - who would be interested? Apr 27, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Geplante Driver Swap Rennen. Interessiert? // Planned Driver Swap Races. Interested? Feb 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Interesting find about AI strength in championship mode Oct 31, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #151 – Register your interest… Oct 26, 2019
    General modding discussion Anyone interested in a track build project Oct 13, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Spinning -- Interesting Problem Possibly Resolved Jul 1, 2019

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

well done mate.. :cool:

I hope you get your league up and running..

See you on the track :)

cestcomi likes this.
  4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Hey man, my father was diagnosed with PD 2 years ago, so I have an idea of what you may go through.
    I'd suggest you give public servers and regular leagues a go. There are usually players of all levels, and as long as you're able to race cleanly, you shouldn't have any issues.
    Also, I think most leagues usually race for around 60 minutes per race, and most public server races last less than half that time, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    And if you still think that a league for disabled drivers would be more fun for you, I wish you can achieve that.

FriendOfJah likes this.
  5. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Hello Roger,
    a legitimate and interesting suggestion, however it will be very difficult to set up such a system.
    I allow myself to intervene because I have already prepared some time ago a state certificate for disabled sports educator.
    it should:
    - found a (good) player base
    -determined the defficiency
    -evaluation of everyone's abilities through personal information.
    - evaluation of the scapular and pelvic amplitudes, ergo ...
    - grouped the pilots by "differences"
    - set up.
    This is the outline of a very interesting project.
    I am at your disposal for further information.

6. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Poguinhas - Thanks so much for the reply, personal experience and recommendation. I tried a public server once here on a track (Spa) that I'm quite familiar at and had practiced in ACC. I started dead last and stayed back there except for some early Turn 1 attrition (the people involved left). Towards the end of the race the leaders caught me. I did my best to get out of their way, but they had to go wide through a gravel trap to avoid hitting me. Needless to say some unkind things were said. When I explained after the race that I had PD and apologized for being in the way there was little sympathy. With a TR of 48 and the potential to cause others to have a bad race outcome, I don't think I want to pursue the public servers at this point. I guess I'll go back to using iRacing for now as they have a dedicated forum for disabled drivers and leagues (unfortunately they're mostly NASCAR ovals which I have absolutely no interest in).

romandevision likes this.
  7. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Hi Anthony - Thanks for the reply and for the offer of help. I personally don't want to create a system to vet drivers to prove their disability. I mainly just want to race (not win necessarily) with those who are disabled in one way or another and can understand and make accommodations for each other. Create an online community here for this. It doesn't seem that ACC is the platform to do this. I'll just go back to using iRacing for now for multiplayer as they have a dedicated forum just for disabled drivers and leagues (unfortunately they're mostly NASCAR ovals which I have absolutely no interest in) and just use ACC only for racing the AI offline. Oh well...

8. sloty

sloty Simracer

Hi Roger, I am also Registered Disabled, I have FMD (Functional Movement Disorder) I have body tremors abit like yourself and am unable to talk during an episode, these can last for several hours a day sometimes twice a day, I also have unclassified epilepsy, this happens if I concentrate too much which triggers the tremors and then my brain shuts off because it cant cope.
    I've not raced online for a long time, I was a member of the Gentlemen's club in ProjectCars, which was great fun, but this was before my disability, but I would be happy to join you online one evening.

Kev.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  9. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Hi Roger,
    such a system must know the restrictions of each in order to propose suitable situations.
    If these conditions are not met, it cannot exist.
    It is very delicate to ask the interested parties to distribute their respective handicaps.
    But know that confidentiality is paramount and that nobody knows your profile.
    I don't know iRacing at all, I didn't know there was a relative sub-forum.
    But in view of the economic model of iRacing I know that this game does not interest me at all.
    Antonn.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  10. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Thanks so much for the reply and for sharing your story. It would be great to meet up in ACC. I’m not sure how as I cannot create a private Hosted Race like iRacing. I have such a low safety rating it would be on a wide open server with who know’s logging in and being impatient and not understanding. I know you can run a server in ACC, but I have no idea how to do so. Any thoughts...

11. sloty

sloty Simracer

Hi roger, I am also unsure as I said I don't really race online, I'll have a play around with it see what I can do, unless anybody else in the chat can explain how?