1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anyone running a GTX 670 video card? Opinions needed...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Colt Rogers, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

I currently have a 1GB 6870 and it struggles a bit in AC. What type of gains will I see if I go with the GTX 670 2GB card? Looks, FPS, resolution??? Any opinion is appreciated. Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is anyone running ACC on a GTX980? Jul 24, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is there anyone running AC with a GeForce 9600 Graphic on win 7 ? Feb 5, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Anyone running 3 controllers ? Mar 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Anyone running a MOTOR modded FANATEC wheel? Stronger Buhler motors? May 1, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Anyone find there is big "depression" on the track in Zandvoort, at this point!!! Jul 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone have experienced the same glitch? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions anyone ever try the DJI FPV goggles with console gameplay? Jun 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are you anyone driving BMW M6 in ACC? Apr 4, 2021

3. Nao

Nao Alien

I've got a little slower card: GTX 660 and i'm running stable 120 fps when hotlaping. And dropping to 70 at the start of a full grid race (then quickly getting back to 90-110).
    My video settings are listed in signature (very similar to your current). The game looks quite good compared to maxed settings (except aliasing but i think it will be optimized further).

I think 670 have great value for money although it wouldn't be enough for maxed settings or triple screens. That said AC CPU is also quite important too (i'm running quite quick one) so idk.

4. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think you get much of a bump in performance with more onboard ram. I think you can load bigger textures. I doubt you'd see much of an improvement at all.

5. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

Hi I got a 670 and it runs everything maxed out on one screen sure I'm getting 60-70 fps
    Bf2, AC,rfactor2,dcs world, next car game, all maxed out arma3 on very high bar a few settings
    But on 3 screens it's a little diffrent story bf2 on mid settings dcs world mid settings
    AC and rfactor2 can have most settings maxed but have to turn HDR off

6. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Ok thanks for the info. Very helpful

7. Crunch

Crunch Racer

Im currently running 670 GTX SLI, but ran a single 670 GTX for a while prior with AC. Seemed to work well for 100 fps gameplay with high to mediumish graphics. I do believe a 670 GTX is faster than a 6870, so anything faster is going to help you with AC since its fairly GPU dependent, the extra memory will also help when pushing higher anti-aliasing such as 8x and above. Having said that, unless you're getting a 670 GTX cheap I would opt for a 770 GTX instead.

Colt Rogers and booterboy like this.
  8. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Thanks this is great info. These are the details I haven't been able to find anywhere on AC in particular with these cards. Thanks

9. Abominus

Abominus Racer

When I ran one screen several versions ago now, my GTX670 pretty much was maxing everything out with good frame-rate as far as I can remember. Now I run two screens and much larger resolution and had to lower a fair few things, but still get around 60-80fps. I would still like to be able to independently move the bezel locations left and right on my two screens! o_O

10. Mr_A

Mr_A Simracer

I'll tell you something. I run a Geforce GTX 680. I drive with everything cranked up. Today I ran a full grid, 24 cars at Mugello. I don't run big grids because the AI was bad in the past. Today I ran full grid and it stuttered with the 680 GTX on 1920x1080 on a 55" tv. Some places it stutters a lot, some not at all. I think it can handle 18 cars without a problem, with every single thing cranked up. Keep in mind, both CPU and GPU not overclocked in my signature. Just a heads up, if you want to run full grid on max settings in 1080p resolution

11. zyfygi

zyfygi Gamer

I have an MSI Twin Frozr 670 running stock clock, 2500k @ 4.6Ghz & 8Gb DDR3, running Windows 8.1. I get between 80 - 120fps at at 5760 x 1080 on a hotlap & between 50 - 80 fps in a 12 car race.

I would suggest you would get very minimal gains upgrading from a 1Gb card to a 2Gb card of the same type. In my opinion anything less than a 780 / 290x isn't worth bothering (from your card).