1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Anyone running a MOTOR modded FANATEC wheel? Stronger Buhler motors?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Colt Rogers, May 1, 2014.

1. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

So recently my CSR Elite has started misbehaving with the LEDS flickering on the tuning screen. This along with weak and grainy FFB is said to be a sign of motor failure. I've had the wheel for nearly 2 years so I am happy it made it this long I suppose.

Anyways to the topic, I have been following this thread on GTPLANET for a year or so and this guy Eric really, really knows his stuff about FANATEC wheels and how they function. He can take ourstock motors out and replace them with new Buhler motors giving up to double or even triple the torque specs of the weak stock motors FANTEC provides us with.

So yesterday I signed up for the first official batch of FANATEC motor swaps! I am super excited having spoken with him about how the wheel feels once modded. Supposedly you only need to run 20-50% FFB to give equal to stock spec power . I am not a sim guy that likes a lot of brute forces in the wheel, I prefer just strong TENSION and smooth function, and this is what the motor upgrades are said to deliver.

Having said that has anyone here done this particular upgrade and if so please share your experience with this. Thanks in advance and here are the links to the thread, its an AMAZING READ if you own a FANATAC wheel or even if you just want to know how our wheels function, and in some cases don't function...

FANATEC CSW/CSR Elite Modders Thread : http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...ate-february-2014.274631/page-62#post-9614806

Thomas Cameron and F430_458_F12 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is anyone running ACC on a GTX980? Jul 24, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is there anyone running AC with a GeForce 9600 Graphic on win 7 ? Feb 5, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Anyone running 3 controllers ? Mar 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Anyone running a GTX 670 video card? Opinions needed... Mar 28, 2014
    ACC Hardware Discussions Aris Video Settings (In case anyone is interested/curious) Oct 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone have a painfully slow forum experiance? Say hello to Discourage mode. Aug 17, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone playing on Ultra Widescreen 3440 x 1440? Jul 31, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Has anyone noticed your best personal lap times are not shown each series Jul 10, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Does anyone know how to make a fixed setup room on Content Manager fixed setup? Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Cheater - S15E54 - 10s Quicker Than Anyone On Leaderboard Jun 2, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone upgraded from Ryzen 2600x to 3600x? May 20, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Has anyone tried this before ? May 8, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone enjoy livery? May 7, 2020
    ACC Physics Anyone educated know the differences between the 2018 and 2019 991 GT3? Apr 3, 2020
    Screens & Videos Does anyone know who created this track? Apr 1, 2020

3. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

I'm @ work so don't have the time to look it up for you but yes, there is someone here with Buhlers ;)

4. sonicshadows

sonicshadows Gamer

I have buhlers in my csr elite and dealt directly with Eric I would definitely recommend his work, the swap was easy but if you want more than 24 volts you will have to increase the tension of the short thick belt which is quite challenging, its no just extra power that you gain but its way smoother with no detectable notchy feeling, also if you buy an air pump for cooling buy a decent quiet pump because I went and bought a cheap Chinese pump and it is very noisy and can only use it with headphones on.

Dean Ogurek likes this.