1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

API 0verhead

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by 0079, Mar 15, 2019.

1. 0079

0079 Rookie

Is ACC going to support Direct x 12 on full release. I believe at the moment the Application programming interface is Dx11 I ask because i noticethat some people appear to be having "bottleneck" issues with their CPU's.
    As i understand it (and im no expert) Directx 11 was originally designed for single thread CPUs, where as Dx 12 and Vulcan are designed to utilize multi thread cpus.
    Could Dx12 provide much faster draw calls per frame upto a 10x faster than Dx 11 greatly lowering the API overhead.
    Would like if possible to hear from the devs on the pros and cons of Dx12 (Dx12 with UNreal engine and windows 10 compatabilty) and how difficult it would be to implement it along with any future API developements they may be aware of.

Micii1 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer There's no server API yet right? May 14, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer is there an api? Jan 21, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari hotlaping tire presure will not reset Dec 20, 2018
    ACC Multiplayer 0.3.5 : Crash by escaping MP session + best time / ranking lost in MP Nov 29, 2018
    ACC User Interface New Chat widget fonts overlaping Nov 17, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error after one hour hotlaping Oct 13, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 2200G grapichal problems with IA Oct 8, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione public API for statistics Sep 29, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals no timing information in API for SimHub and other external software Sep 23, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Shared Memory / API ? Aug 4, 2018
    General modding discussion python API - how to get CAR_ID of all other cars in a race? Apr 25, 2018
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Server UDP Plugin API Feb 28, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Acc api Feb 22, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI escaping to pits does not fix damage Jul 23, 2017
    General modding discussion API request - set vehicle position when in Practice mode Jul 4, 2017

3. Micii1

Micii1 Gamer

If i remember corectly they said in the racedepartemente interview that they said vulkan and dx12 suport is in you can watch it on youtube it is in 2 parts