1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

APP: ACC Engineer

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Marcopolo

Marcopolo Rookie

Sorry for the noob question (I am very noob when it comes to 3rd party software!!)
    Does this program run on it's own, standalone, and you input the data yourself once you've done some laps or is it running in conjunction with ACC logging and collecting the data itsself when ACC is running?

2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Yes. :D

It runs along and logs data directly from ACC but you also have to input the target data you want to achieve and this app tells you what/how much you need to change.

WallyM likes this.
  3. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Hi Wally,
    I'm getting some inconsistency with your app.
    It's great for tire pressures but more often than not I don't get either of the two temperature readings, the average lap time or litres needed or I get a negative litres needed value [as in one of the earlier posts]. Not sure either exactly what "keep on top" actually does and do you have to wait until the session ends to be able to access the info?

4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

You only get a temperature message if your tyres are out of their optimum range.

There might be something wrong with the average lap calculation. After 2 laps, it averages the laps which are within 5% of your best lap time. If you do some consistent laps (which you need to do anyway to get good tyre and fuel readings), you should get an average lap tine, but I'll check.

Keep on top allows you to alt tab from ACC to the app, and keep driving, so you can see the app while you're driving.

5. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Thanks Wally,
    I should have been more specific, I don't get air and track temps.

6. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Definitely seems to be something amiss.
    As mentioned I get the tire pressures each time [and they're spot on] but virtually nothing else in any of the other boxes. With keep on top selected when I hit Alt Tab the game compresses to my left hand side monitor and I get your app and nothing else on the centre monitor and a blank screen on the right.
    To install your app I created a folder called engineer, extracted the file to that folder, created a short cut and use the short cut to launch your app before launching the game - is that the correct way?

7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Hmmmm, what car/track/game mode? Online or offline?

8. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Offline Custom GTC Championship 1 hour races with 15min practice and qualifying, 2019 Porsche GT3, just finished Kyalami so all the tracks in that series.

9. Unf

Unf Racer

Can you put "update" button? It will be nice to be not forced to download new version each time you made an update ;)

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I upload a new version 1.0.0.5, which adds an understeer/oversteer section, described in the 1st post.

Important - if you already download the beta version from a few posts up, after you've installed the new version, click the understeer/oversteer settings button and change Understeer Threshold to 12, Oversteer Threshold to 2 and Low Speed Threshold to 100 (new default values that give better results).

AndyK70 and surtic86 like this.
  11. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Would it be Possible to remove the Version Infos from the Window Title to somewhere else?
    I use CrewChief for showing me your App in the VR as Overlay in ACC. But since they indicate the the App over the Window name and it changes on every new Version i always need to Set it up again.

WallyM likes this.
  12. MCCOY08

MCCOY08 Rookie

Noob question : you use alt-tab to switch between ACC game and your app during the game ? Do you use ACC in windowed mode or full screen mode ?

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I run ACC in full screen mode. I actually tick "Keep on top" on the app, then alt tab to it while I'm in game and driving, so I can see the app. I'm on triples, by the way, so I have plenty of room to put the app out of the way somewhere.

14. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Hi Wally,
    1.05 working fine for me now except Alt Tab. As mentioned previously it compresses game vision to my left hand monitor and just leaves wallpaper on centre and right hand monitors. Wish it worked as it does with your triples.

15. Unf

Unf Racer

Hello!
    Very nice and useful app dude, thanks.

I have just one idea: can you make some tweaks for particular situation: race last 20min, there is no need to refuel.
    For that instance, to make "strategy" like - just how much fuel do I need to finish that race, I need to set "Race length" as 20min and "Max stint duration" like 25min --> then I have what I want. Can you make it easier?

What I mean is an update which one will provide just the same calculation like this one: https://mythiq.net/fuelcalc/

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm not sure what you mean. Isn't that what the app already does? Just put in 20 mins and it will tell you how much fuel you need.

17. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

i think he cant do it while driving...
    i can

18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I uploaded a new version - added GT4 cars.

Wutzmann, After_Midnight and AndyK70 like this.
  19. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Great job @WallyM !!!
    Thank you.

WallyM likes this.
  20. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Yes thanks that you removed the Version Nr. from the Window Title.

Somehow we can buy you a Beer?

WallyM likes this.