1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Are AC street cars too easy to drive on the limit ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Caleb Mils, Feb 21, 2016.

1. The focus of this thread is wrong, crashes (both IRL and likely in most sims) don't really tell you how "difficult" is to drive the car, because it depends on who is behind the wheel, and on top of this it serves as excuse to justify any kind of handling issue (you can see the same kind of comments repeated in every sim forum, since ever). You should use other kind of comparisons.

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

to be honest if you buy expensive supercar you probably don`t wanna drive it on limit on nurburgring :)

AnnieC likes this.
  3. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

I saw a lot of videos where Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porshes were left behind by well-driven relatively cheap cars because the driver knew what he is doing and did not have to fear that he will crash a car that's worth a fortune.

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I had thousands of kilometers and 10+ years in real car without crashing, when I first sat down to play AC with a wheel. And I crashed in every corner, literally every corner. For hours.

Didn't help that I chose F40 as first car to drive though, as I didn't know how notoriously hard it's to handle. But with other cars as well, too much speed, didn't know the tracks. And couldn't beat even 80% AI.

Fear likes this.
  5. The couple times that I have let people try my rig, they had far more issues trying to get used to the hardware than they did the software. We take FFB for granted, but for a complete noob it is something foreign, apparently.

Fear, Blamer, Mogster and 1 other person like this.
  6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yeah, happened to me, too. Takes some time getting used to replacing lateral acceleration with visual and haptic input from the wheel.

7. Yet again we have a comment that bears little resemblance to either my experience of AC, or (based on significant online experience) that of a great many other drivers. Where can I download this mythical version of AC where the cars are so easy to drive? o_O

Octane, aphidgod, RedLoto and 3 others like this.
  8. Re: Driving over the limit
    I'm sure we have all had saves that we knew we likely wouldn't have made in the real world; at the same time we have all lost it and wiped out and sat there and wondered WTF happened. For me, each of those scenarios happen less in AC than they do in any other sim. And each major update narrows the still (and ever will be) considerable abyss between real and virtual. Nothing immerses me more into the feeling of driving a car than AC, although there are others that come close.

grandepunto, Fear and blakescom like this.
  9. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

No, the limit is determined by chrono.
    I did some WR, and no, for what matters, I do not feel cars are easy near the limit.
    Eventually it's a matter how much you get near there: the farther, the easier.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  10. blakescom

blakescom Racer

I have never experienced any real world track driving and so I'm not very well suited to making comparisons to driving on the limit in the real world....
    but I've been driving cars/vans for about 15yrs now and I actually think AC does a really great job of driving realism imo

But I know when I'm thundering around a track inside AC in say a BMW and I have a 'wobble' going into a turn, I'm much more relaxed about it and is very easy to keep a level head and react the way I need to recover,,
    but if I was in the same car on the same track in the real world I know for a fact there would be a lot more panic involved and I'd bet my heart-rate would be double what it is when I'm just in a sim and so I don't think its a fair comparison.
    I think the real-world would also have a lot more variables at play than the sim can provide, like g-forces on the driver for instance and driver fear levels (personal injury,damage to the car, damage to others etc and heart-rate) which would all have an effect on how u react.

I think it should be expected that these 'near-wipeout' experiences within a sim would be handled a lot easier by most drivers compared to the same scenario in the real-world,, just my 2cents :)

11. Which in a road car actually don't drop off that much past the optimum angle....the same cannot be said for racing slicks....

@Aristotelis A variable to adjust the curve beyond the current calculations would be nice to have.

aphidgod and burrito like this.
  12. blakescom

blakescom Racer

My limit is determined by sweatiness of my backside ! :D

jaba1313, LeDude83 and Glaurung like this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This. I can also quite happily spin the cars in AC.

I do think sims/games have difficulty replicating the changing conditions you'd find in real life though. Changes in temperature, moisture on the track, variability in tyre compound, dirt/oil/water the guy just behind you leaves on the track for you to find on your next lap etc etc. Every lap in the sim is the same, you know exactly how the car will behave so wrote learning comes into play far more than it would in rl, especially for the guys with 1000s of hours in sim racing. I know some sims have real road or track development but it's still far from the stuff you'd have to deal with in rl.

14. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Talking about other games, catching slides in rF2 is more or less like in AC, mainly depending on cars. Some cars act like b|tches (e.g. McLaren F1 GTR) others are more forgiving.

Fear and Daniel Perez like this.
  15. Błażej

Błażej Racer

C'mon, some of the crashes in this video happened for very obvious reasons. You can clearly see those guys find themself on the limit for the very first time. I dont know about you but I wasnt able to catch every slide when I played ac first time. For most of those fellas touristenfahrten is a new unknown game and whats more it makes them weak at the knees. Walls are real, speed is real, THE RISK OF OVERCORRECTION IS REAL (that i think makes their countersteering so lazy and doubtful). I know that I have to be determind but still fairly relaxed to drive fast and well. The minute I get a bit uptight I mess up. It even happens in a game. These guys are just uptight to infinity...

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

on my system rF2 and GSC requires bit more focus ... AC is closer to R3E in this matter .. but once you get your brake/tyre/grip level up it is fairly similar ... more or less

17. Błażej

Błażej Racer

Oh and if you dont think you can get a huge tank-slapper in ac from a road car just try to go a little bit over the limit in ruf rt12r or mclaren 12c

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I find I descend Paddock Hill backwards quite frequently.

Christopher Low likes this.
  19. In rF2 slides happens in slow motion and you have so much more time to do corrections. GSC is very close to AC.

McLaren 12C in AC is one good example of tricky cars on the limit. I put a video below where it should be very close to limit regardless of the fact that I was more focusing to have some fun with it.

Błażej likes this.
  20. ouvert

ouvert Alien

in rF2 it is more progressive and FFB is better so it might seems so ... on my system and for me it is how I wrote .. after you get you rubber down and tyre temps up it is fairly similiar ...