1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Are you worried about GT Sport and Project CARS 2?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Viperconcept_, Mar 21, 2017.

1. I'm not talking about the qualities, the features or the realism, I'm talking about the community: when these 2 games will be released on console, I'm worried 70% of AC community on console will switch to these 2 games.

Considering the online community on AC isn't very large on console even now, I think it will be a serious problem.

What do you think? Will they kill the AC community?

(Sorry for my poor english).

Donnced2, daveftones and SlimCharles like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Saturday at 6:10 PM
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Maserati MC20 GT2 Tracion Control Cut (TC2) reported via Shared Memory API Feb 6, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Oct 22, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec Arena Settings Oct 10, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023

3. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

I think AC community are being very very very patient...

I love AC, but I'm tired to wait for PC features added several months ago. I honestly think post release support has been very bad, horrible, horrendous! I'm going to wait for the next patch, and I hope it will be a huge patch to equal features with PC version.

Obviously when PC2 will be released, and if the physics are improved, I don't have any dude I will switch to PC2.

It PC2 is bug free, they improve physics and they release every feature there are promising, I think PC2 will be the best racing game in the history (by content, quality, variety) on consoles. I think GTR2 is the best racing game in the history (it was released 11 years ago!!! I still think it's a masterpiece in that years)

GT Sport: not interested...

IndianJones, daveftones and ppbucko like this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

PC2 could affect a lot to the AC online community, if the things they are saying about it are true. And even when is possible that by september AC console version catch up with the PC version, the online rating system of PC2 will rob all the AC community if the physics are more or less at the level of AC.

But GT Sport? I seriously doubt that title could affect to AC community. Quite different type of physics. AC is pretty much bare bone, and probably the main focus of the people that play it is the physics and ffb. GT Sport won't/doesn't intend to have this kind of realism.

ppbucko likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I hope pcars and GT sport will be great games. I wont be able to play GT sport myself and even if I personally wont like pcars2, it will put pressure on other developers to make their games even better to "win back" customers.

6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

A/C online on xbox is already dead, has been for months. The multiplayer update coming next month needs to be absolute quality to get people back. P Cars online on console is already a far better game than A/C is at the moment, and P Cars 2 has got to be a improvement on that. (I'm not talking about the physics I'm comparing as a online race sim overall package).

daveftones likes this.
  7. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I think the future of the console online community is in doubt. With PCars2 and GT Sport not landing for several months there is time to build that community however. The upcoming Private Lobbies will play a big part in how it develops over the near future with us having the ability to properly host league racing. In the sim racing world the importance of that cannot be understated.

Assetto Corsa on console has had very mixed press. It rightly has a reputation as the benchmark for physics and FFB, but it equally has plenty of negativity surrounding it due to the disparity between it and the PC version. If that is not turned around very soon people will quickly switch off when a quality or well known title arrives. I think PCars2 is going to be a huge racing title and has the real potential to play a big part in a possible demise of Assetto Corsa on console.

Like many others on this forum I love the experience of Assetto Corsa and will continue to do so after the other titles release. However, I think we are probably pretty small in number.
    AC is greatly lacking in content and features in comparison to PCars2 and therefore it must make the most of what it is capable of offering on console. Right now that is not happening.

The next update would appear to be a big step in the right direction and regardless of how positively it is received Kunos must not let up in it's push because time is running out. I truly trust Kunos to get right it and close the gap between PC and console a great deal, while aware we will never be totally on par, but I hope to see them sort it sooner rather than later...

8. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

Gt sport I will give a miss, haven't liked the series since gt 3, just found it boring and the constant delays! PC 2 however I will get but will not abandon AC at all as it's the best racer for me, proper sim on a console!

With private lobbies, the multiplayer should be fun as that's the biggest letdown so far. Oh and not saving setups is very annoying too!

Long live AC.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

robbosr76 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Long time GT player here, if they get the online racing right in GT Sport which seems to be the titles focus and if the cars are *fun* to drive (I couldn't care less about sim this sim that TBH) that game will gain my attention. The community is huge and this means the level of competition is high :cool: Hopefully get a beta invite so I can try before I buy...

Project Cars 2 looks impresive as well, but I will wait a while and listen to what that community is saying, far to many big bugs did not get resolved in Project Cars and premium dlc not functioning properly still smarts, especially when it was fixed on one platform! They seem to be pushing boundaries and developing technology that brings the track to life, which is kind of cool!

10. TNTNitro

TNTNitro Gamer

PC2 yes (simulator)
    GTSport no (arcade)

Alex1996 likes this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Is not an arcade.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The more competition the better, I never have fear in new games coming that may raise the bar. If they will or wont isnt known until they are out but if all devs step up then the extra competition just means all other devs in the genre will also need to raise their level a bit to stay a viable option. There is no need to fear this the biggest fear would be if there was no competition and so no real reason for any devs to try and push for better end products.

In the end we all choose what we like most to use for most of our time, I dont have a console so gt sport wont be for me. Pcars 2 I will likely get like I get all PC sims, just hopefully it does more then take up HD space like PCars one does atm. :D

Dean Ogurek and esox71 like this.
  13. Dresden

Dresden Gamer

Even though the OP does not want to talk about features- it is those features that drive the enjoyment of the community.

AC has the best physics and handling. I also love the audio on most cars. Hot lapping is the best experience ever.

However the career and AI is completely non-existent, so I need to buy Pcars 2 or F1 2017 to get that fix. All the games have different assets and most also have glaring problems. Which also means that I will not abandon one for the other. I will still play AC for the next few years.

@P73 likes this.
  14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well...reading opinions of Assetto Corsa fans about Project C.A.R.S 2 sensations and that the feedback and feeling is on an other level now... Maked me quite hyped for the game.

Sure that Pcars 2 will be the most complete sim on consoles in every aspect.

About GT Sport.... I don't like it, and like one said... It's Arcade but with tyre and fuel degradation and consumption.
    It became to casual and basic...and i hate the fictional invented cars with non existend technology.
    Will it be a good seller? Surely! Only for the well known name it will sell a lot of copies.

About Assetto Corsa.... Well...i think they really need to fix things like the fps performance, fix the sound issues and find the way to engage the reverbs again in the sound engine.. Put it on level with PC version in features and options.
    And we will see what happens with the private lobbies.... I know a lot of mates and team mates ho want the ability to choose car / track / laps / timed races with a good implemented penalty system, full race replays and / or spectators view to do live streamings...also options like closed Setups and personalised button mapping /pedal calibration.

But most people i know are already more interested in Pcars 2 or moved up to the PC with iracing..

So i think that Assetto Corsa on consoles is playing one of his last "match balls" with the next update.

I also hope to see a good private Online lobbies system and button mapping,pedal calibration, brake pressure setup option and better UDP streaming and FPS performance ...
    Otherwise i will keep stuck on Pcars for the racing leagues while i wait for Pcars 2 and will keep Assetto for some hotlaping the days i don't know what to play.

GhostMan, ppbucko and fbetes like this.
  15. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Worried about a game?, no, it's one of the last things I'd worry about!

Traind and ppbucko like this.
  16. Clearly, you forgot FM7.

Because in terms of concurrent, you've got PC2 which "technically" is in the same cat as AC "sims" and GT sport and FM7 wich are more arcadey for mor sellings.

But AC kills itself with lacks of contain and features. When i see how many people complain about the private lobbys and many base features, i know how customer behaves : "ho look, a game with new things and online wich works proprely!"

17. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

If the Custom Lobbies are done correctly, if leaderboards, button mapping, hardware calibration and a few other much needed features are added, I see no reason why AC can't thrive in spite of the competition.

XR6T, SlimCharles and LeDude83 like this.
  18. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Early Beta testers are saying physics in GT Sport are very similar to Assetto , combine that with amazing graphics and all the other features and it could be a real kick in the teeth for AC , as for Pcars 2 the physics engine has been worked over to provide more realism again with all the features included as Pcars 1 the market place just got very busy

Stew1977 likes this.
  19. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Imo when it comes to consoles, controllers are what the vast majority of players use and that will be the determining factor. As of now i really dont see any reason why a person who uses a controller would stick with asseto, odds are they havent already.

Pcars was atrocious with a controller which basically made me buy a wheel, but besides that it did offer more cars, tracks and features then assetto does so i think more people were willing to continue playing it.

I think the physics and ffb of assetto are unmatched, but those things can only be enjoyed with a wheel and can only take you so far. At some point people are going to want a full fleshed out experience and imo assetto just doesnt deliver on these things.

I think this was an ok first attempt in the console market for the most part but it doesnt seem as though they cared enough about the console release as much as they should have. Like pcars, theres a possibility that releasing a game the way they have can deter people from buying a sequel because the trust is gone.

These new games will inevitably reduce player numbers because they are new. I honestly don't think theres anything besides mods (isnt gonna happen) that could keep assetto in the mix. I think they need to step their game up because the competition isnt only on consoles. Pcars 2, forza 7 and dirt 4 will all be multiplatform. Forza will have cross play which will increase player base substantially. Technically dirt 4 and pcars 2 could as well if they chose to.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  20. Rudski

Rudski Alien

All you did way hype the title, repeating hype you read somewhere else no doubt.

And the beta testers for the original Pcars said how awesome it was, how great the physics were and how great the cars felt. Fast forward to release and they flopped it. Pcars on PC didn't even have a working FFB, they literally had to post a users fix in their forums and that sticky stayed there for over a year.... that's a pretty big failure.
    They are now hyping Pcars 2 in the exact same fashion, it's a shame people can't remember back only a few years to avoid pre-purchase and wait for player reviews.

Ace Pumpkin, LeDude83 and Nwg like this.
  21. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

This review was by a player who has access to the beta test just released , not a paid member of WMD , but we will just have to wait and see