1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Aris Drives

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Ecnelis, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

First ACC video from Aris: Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.2 release!.

Second ACC video (live in ~3 hours): Understand your car.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 vs PC lapt time comparison, for those who wonders... Nov 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Aris comment on hotfixes... Oct 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Comparision Video 1.7.2 to the new NG version (massive Sound downgrade) Feb 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface ARIS .. circuit walk, how to? Free cam when not in replay Feb 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 208 – Arise… and rise further still Jan 2, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Aris Video Settings (In case anyone is interested/curious) Oct 15, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Why is console so fast PS4 Vs PC Kyalami Comparison Jul 16, 2020
    ACC Tools Display comparison and FoV tool May 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Online telemetry comparison Apr 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions To Aris, your words of wisdom have changed my life Mar 29, 2020
    ACC Physics Aris, will you blog the Porsche 991.2 GT3 R? Please? Nov 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Video interview with Aris about ACC physics Sep 12, 2019
    Chit Chat Room SimRacing Expo Interview with Aris Sep 12, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How Aris deals with critics of ACC Sep 2, 2019

3. ignission

ignission Simracer

I'm looking forward to this, the first one was great :)

4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Aris videos are very much worth seeing.

The second one is a must, very helpful, informative and showing the depth of simulation that exists in ACC: 10/10 video:)

5. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Just watched the full 2hrs and Aris is very good , Also @Aris The Mick is Great the Mike is good :)

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Mike is my best friend! Or was that Mic... oh I’m confused!!! thanks m8!

Thank you everybody! Please feel free to discuss here or in the comments so I can find questions to reply or explain for the next video.

7. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Third video today evening (22:00/10:00PM CET): Alignment, electronic controls and handling vs grip.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    fireballR18, Andrex and ignission like this.
  8. ignission

ignission Simracer

I really hope Aris continues streaming content like this in 2020, I've found them very enjoyable and informative :)

9. gluon

gluon Gamer

These videos are so good that everyone driving ACC or real cars could become a better driver by following some of the advices here.

fireballR18 and ignission like this.
  10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

This thread should be in the ACC Blog section, not here.

11. Aristotelis

Thank you guys for the support.
    I have also created a playlist with small cuts from my live streams. 5 to 20 minutes cuts, focusing on one aspect at a time.
    The playlist is called TL;DW (Too Long;Didn't Watch). I have already posted 3 videos from my previous stream and in the following days I'll be posting cuts from the latest one

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOo3YiGzVthAR7piYqmUHAb-hCTwTHSn7

12. houssen

houssen Racer

great job aristotelis

It is appreciated all your time spent

and teach many of your knowledge

13. gluon

gluon Gamer

The TL;DW editions are a great asset. I watched the whole videos myself, but when I want to share the key points with friends I link them to that playlist.

Aristotelis, you may not be an alien, but you're getting there. I noticed how accurately you place the car on the outer edge of the track before turn in and how fast you do those fine detail steering inputs at the edge of grip. I guess your job as dev naturally makes you aware of how it should be done, but the best way to learn is to teach, which is what you're doing now. The physics posts were already a great technical insight available to us here, but now with the Youtube channel I think you can even reach new audiences. It feels like a car physics/dynamics and racing school to me. :)

I wonder if this material, especially the driving technique info could somehow make it to the game interface itself. Like an in-game driving school. Just a thought, from a happy player.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    ignission likes this.
  14. Aristotelis

Last stream was 3 hours long! I know I'm crazy...
    But you don't have to watch it all, here's a less than 20 minutes "small" cut for you, talking about negative camber can make your car faster and your tyres happier!

TL;DW - Too Long;Didn't Watch. Why you need more negative camber!

15. Aristotelis

TL;DW - Too Long;Didn't Watch. Caster and how it affects feedback and handling
    Watch out for flying office chairs and enjoy!

fireballR18, Radfahrer, JanR and 10 others like this.
  16. marty73

marty73 Gamer

Really great and helpful Videos! Liked the "Hammer-Time" example for front-, mid- and rear-engine cars.
    I am simracing since GPL and one vid brought me to change my drivingstyle a little bit! Brake mostly straight ... coast to the apex and let the aero do it's work ... concentrate on earliest throttle application! I do much less gas/brake-overlapping and less vintage style provoked weight-shifting!
    And it really feels more like what it looks like on modern car inboards like gt3, lmp or F1.
    :)

R Dennis and rycil like this.
  17. Jose Gois

Jose Gois Rookie

These videos are really interesting to watch! Very informative at a physics point of view! It really helps to understand how the car behaves and what the sim is doing under the hood! As a software developer, I keep imagining what it is like under the hood... It reminds me of those great live streams of Stefano back then! ;)
    I'm hoping to notice some improvements in my driving skills with the help of this content!
    I really appreciate that this team is always paying attention to those small details in physics that make the difference! :)
    Keep up with the great work!;)

rycil and ignission like this.
  18. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Great stuff!!

19. Aristotelis

TL;DW - Too Long;Didn't Watch. Toe in and Toe out.
    23 minutes cut regarding toe in, effects in handling, some Ackerman explanation with wrong circles drawn but you get the point :)

fireballR18, Radfahrer, JanR and 4 others like this.
  20. sadbones

sadbones Rookie

Looking forward to the next stream!! They've been very useful to me so far.

ignission and Aristotelis like this.
  21. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Tomorrow: "Let's try to make a custom setup!".

Flavus, baboon, sadbones and 6 others like this.