1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa academy - sim racing career concept (devs, is this possible?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CheeseDanish, Oct 9, 2015.

1. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

Many of us, myself included, enjoy the active progression and unlocking of things that can be had in Forza and Gran Turismo style games. However, those career types just don't belong in Assetto Corsa because it is a sim, but what would happen if we stripped out all the customizing of cars and buying bling and added sim level driving instruction. Hear me out here because I really think this is a good idea.

Assetto Corsa Academy - Sim Racing Career Concept

First off, this concept is largely based on having official servers that funnel new players together in an environment where they are challanged to achieve skills and experience that lead to clean and respectful racing. Honestly, having clean and respectful racing is the overarching goal in all of this.
    So here is what I propose.
    • Newbie Servers that unlock achievements for consecutive clean laps at a respectable pace ( perhaps measured by several tiers of lap times or something )
    • Newbie Servers that unlock achievements for clean laps throughout all performance tiers ( this means that there are achievements for clean laps while driving anything from the Fiat 500 all the way up the the Lotus 125 )
    • Off-Line driver's school ( think evasive maneuvers training and general highspeed handling and braking zones and shift points. This would also be the place for people to really learn what all the assists do and how they hinder/improve lap times )
    • Advanced Racing Techniques driver's school ( this place would teach people how to heel-toe and rev-match with their own set-up. How-tos on launching with different driving layouts, inducing off-throttle oversteer, recovering from a drift... on and on with whatever people think would be good. )
    • "Clean Lap" Servers could be heavily moderated in order to deal with trolls and intentional wreckers.

Alright, so there is a lot missing here, but my point is that a curated racing environment will really help people stay interested ( especially those coming over from simcades ) and the training and skill development will establish an awesome bottom cap for online ability and civility.

Does any of this make sense? Please, load all your comments on me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    [RRRV] JuggernAlz and Ron_Voter like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

4. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I think this has been mentioned on this forum for god knows how many times. People's opinion seems to defer a lot.

I remember there is an old post about setting start/end point on tracks so people can repeatedly practice the same session of a track without having to drive the whole course just for some particular corner(s). There were so many people against this idea saying this was arcade design, and people should drive the whole course to learn some corner or drive back to pits themselves to fix setup/damage.

Judging from the current status of the career mode, I guess such mode is not what the devs are most interested in. I suggested a community-contributing project of noob-friendly career mode as a driving school before: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...mode-that-devs-might-use-in-the-future.25913/

but maybe not many people are interested in career mode at all. I think in terms of career mode/driving school feature/championship mode, AC is among the weakest in this game genre at the moment. Personally I would be very interested in seeing/making these happen, and that's why I made that post above.

If anyone's interested, I still would like to have some people work together and make a career mode for new players.

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  5. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

I appreciate the insight. The dedicated newbie servers are what I think will make a real difference in cleaning up racing. I really feel Kunos needs to implement that portion.

6. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

7. no answers=no interest whatsoever in this... no need to bump it further. If i see another bump I'll close this one.

mane2907 and racerfx like this.
  8. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

I got some positive feedback on the steam forums and I know there is a history of other people asking about similar things. Where would be the appropriate place to ask about this?

I didn't mean to bump it inappropriately, and I actually dont know where the bump policy is located. Sorry if I stepped out.

9. this is the right place to ask. And you had no feedback both from us devs, and no feedback from the users. So there is no interest at all... take it as a "no" if you wish.
    There is no policy about the bumps.. just manners, and that should be a public domain concept with no need of being reminded of.

10. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

Okay. Thanks for the response anyway.

11. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

For clean and respectful racing, if that is the goal, I think you're making it too complicated. A driver rating system will separate the wheat from the chaff. Just make it optional so guys that want to run smashup derbies can still do so and those that want to accept only drivers with a certain safe driver rating into their lobbies can do that as well.

12. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

I would love for there to be a rating system, I just haven't personally experienced a successful one. And yes, clean respectful racing really is the goal. I believe that proper instruction, when easily accessible and easily applied, will build everyone up from the base, and in effect, if a rating system is in place then it will be even more effective. I tend to over explain things and the important stuff gets a bit diluted, so I apologize for that.

13. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/minorating-com-drivers-thread.25732/

CheeseDanish likes this.
  14. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Let me put it this way. The more features the better, but this one wouldn't be used much, that I'm sure of.

15. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

From what I have read on the steam forums, most of the player base spends quite a lot of time playing off-line. Most of those who voice their opinion about the career mode explain that they had higher expectation and lost interest. If the "career" mode is changed and made to be a more attractive concept then more people will use it. That is kinda the point of fixing something that is broken.

Atrax and [RRRV] JuggernAlz like this.
  16. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

17. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

So I read through that thread a fair amount, though not every single post, and I come away impressed by how simple the concept is, but also disappointed by some limitations. Mainly, your rating belongs on a server and not your permanent global profile. Secondly, this isn't a global system implemented by the developers, so it has to be adopted by whoever is hosting the server.

18. Atrax

Atrax Racer

It's not fair to say no one is interested. Of course there will be no posts about this at this time when DLC was released. Everybody is playing with that. But saying no one is interested only cause few people responded in the day this was up, is kinda crazy. I know I'm interested. One thing that bothers me the most about AC right now is MP. People are just all over the place cause there are no repercussions for when you drive like an idiot ATM. I'm sure all leagues would use this if it was available. Also people have been asking for something like this (licences) since AC 0.7, so saying there is no interest in this is just not true if I put it nicely.

Like I already posted on steam forums, this should be made so you can do licences in offline, and then every server admin would set the license you need to be able to join the server. That's it. I don't think that would be that hard to do. You could still have your server completely open if you wanted to. So there would be no loss even for people that don't like this system. I think what I propose shouldn't be all that hard to do. Only thing you'd need to do is set up tests in offline, and have steam note your license (as an achievement, so it's not that easy to work around it). When you get into contact on the track your license would drop a bit. If you're racing clean your license would go up and so on.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    CheeseDanish likes this.
  19. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

That is a very slick approach. Super simple and I bet it would be effective.

20. and we've been answering that we have no interest in that and that is not going to happen.. like ever.
    So ya, if you want to continue wasting time and bandwidth go on with it... as long you don't expect any more answers, because I don't really know hot to say more clearly than that.

21. Atrax

Atrax Racer

Then say it like that, don't say there is no interest. As there is interest. Just say we don't want to do it (as you now did), and I'll drop the issue. As I now have.

CheeseDanish likes this.