1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Do kunos merge threads to avoid dealing with it.?

2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Rather to oversee it better, which makes sense. Also the type of complaints repeat themselves.

MsportDAN likes this.
  3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Do you try to find things to complain?
    Seriously what is that stops you from understanding that the forum mods and admins try to collect multiple threads that talk about the same thing and merge them in one single so that the developers can find them easier and get the feedback they need.

Geesh guys, seriously sometimes it's really hard to keep our calm... I can understand why other devs decide to have zero interaction with the community. Thankfully we have also a bigger part of great guys here that give us feedback without conspiracy theories everytime.

MABR, Freddie Seng, Loeki and 35 others like this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Nope. I try to find things to make your title better, of course it may seem like we're always complaining about something and probably yes we always are. Nothings perfect and never will be.

But what made you think that a player would want to do 3 x qualify sessions with a penalty if you skipped out. Or find it next to impossible to get a car in a red box. Or understand a games mechanics without no information. This is no conspiracy .. I mean these are justifiable questions..

Did you take anything away from Billy's video, or has it maybe angered you?

I respect your work and always have but equally I'm critical of it and want for the best.

I understand if you want to ban me but I mean no foul play I'm interested in your title and passionate to get it right, the video wasn't posted here for malicious content.

5. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Anachronistic, maybe even rose-tinting nostalgia, yet so frigging true regarding nowadays developments in gaming .
    But :
    ACC aint really SP for me, its the MP where its gonna go down .

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You didn't understand or you didn't want to understand anything from my reply so you go back making the good guy victim of the bad dev that criticised him.
    We look and read everything. Billy's great video is not the first and not even the single one out there. People are reporting the same issues everywhere in the forums also with logs and replays too

But no, you had to think about some kind of conspiracy, which honestly is very offensive to us, but when I point it out to you, you get offended and counterattack. It all makes sense of course.

vanveen, donShere, MTv and 4 others like this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I just wanted to highlight an Important video to you guys I'm glad you watched it.

And I'm not offended by what you said at all. I didn't mean to offend and ill tell you now I'm not trying to make you look bad, for that I apologise. I just wondered why threads get merged Into a unreadable 38 page thread that's all?

Hard to type this up on a phone and make corrections so I'll end it here.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

The ai isnt great if they cant Compete in endurance Races. Considering the career Not being Great and that there Are only gt3s there isnt much left.

They Can overtake aparently, but that doesnt mean they can quickly overlap backenders. That Seems to Be a problem and makes endurance Races impossible.
    Also Maybe not enough in Short races, idk.

9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well it's a lot better to read this in one, after somebody who understood the issue could seperate which is the one thread. Also feedback is easier, if there are questions or status reports we don't need to update 8 threads.
    In the end (once the problem is clear), the thread may only have the additional use to provide logs and such information - again much easier if you have one place to find them all.

vanveen and paul_wev like this.
  10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Information about Qualifying and pit stop requirements are explained in the help section of each and every game mode:
    upload_2019-6-5_15-14-10.png

vanveen, MTv, fsuarez79 and 2 others like this.
  11. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

In EA you wanted everything posted in a new thread even if a thread already existed. Did this position change, or do I confuse sth?

12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

No that's fine. Also we cannot simply merge threads until we understood the issue, but then it's logical to group them

MTv, chksix, After_Midnight and 2 others like this.
  13. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

#RTFM

Honestly I cannot get where all the flak comes from, guys .
    The procedures ACC uses are quite nicely explained in most parts, and in such a way that even an idiot like me is able to undertstand those instuctions and procedures in less than 3 passes of reading .
    First time booting up ACC was a set-up and mostly reading session for me, not just "uhhh weeee, lets crank rpms" .

And all those things that aren´t in-game ?
    FORUMS, always AC/ACC forums .
    If you have been playing AC or ACC for some time you will know that you will get perfect information either here or in the RD forums, which both are go-to´s for anybody that has gotten as far as joining a server and opening the chat to talk to others .
    Yes, that is not ideal, but what in this world is ?
    Nothing, that´s roight .
    So, what to do now … Adapt, overcome, improve, survive and most of all ENJOY THIS PIECE OF SOFTWARE .

Nigglings and areas for improvement will ALWAYS BE THERE, so chillax a tiny bit, think along a tiny bit and keep talking .
    Aristotelis and the rest of the Devs always appreciated an honest word and always act and acted on data presented by forumites concerning bugs/oddities/typos/whatever.
    Acting on the data might have taken time sometimes, but it was done .

Tl,Dr.:
    1: RTFM !
    2:Chill your bases/Keep it less "angsty FB generation pseudo anger bubbled passive aggressive"
    3: Keep talking pro´s/con´s/possible improvements

I´m off to torture me some GT3´s now ...

MTv, luxxx797, paul_wev and 1 other person like this.
  14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Is there maybe an option we can have that reduces the fp sessions between races? Or is there a reason for them?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  15. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

IMO, many people's inflated reactions come from the title of the sim, which in my opinion was a mistake. Many expected (not me, and I own AC) AC2. I'm not saying they shouldn't have retained the AC brand, but maybe it should have been something like Assetto Corsa: Blancpain GT, or something more in your face, dunno.

16. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

That career video was over the top for me :D . I just want a semi believable story about a driver who is experienced in racing but new to GT3. The career will follow his (my) progression and unlock better teams.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

N
    Nope I expected a blancpain gt3 based title. We pretty much got that as well.... Nothing more

18. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

I've said "many", not all people. Please read again my post. For example, some people expected iRacing 2.0 from the "competizione" name. Others expected mod support like the first AC. I'm not saying it's not obvious it is a Blancpain GT3 (let's hope not only GT3) but some people just read Assetto Corsa Competizione and said WOW, AC2 with better everything, and didn't bother to read the fine print.

19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Tj
    Thought was a a dig at me.. Getting paranoid on here now

Deyu likes this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

Well that's all their own fault. If people are going to go around inventing scenarios in their head then they should get used to disappointment.

Freddie Seng, vanveen, Arlo and 6 others like this.