1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. rolandhuijer

rolandhuijer Rookie

Thanks for your reply, i'll give it a try.

GroteBakkes likes this.
  2. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Well on one end im a bit disappointed in the volume of content with 1.0. I personally wished it to be more full fledged as whole, more depth as an overall package.
    But.. The core mechanics, GFX, sounds, driving models are spot on and immersive and addictive as hell , i think few of us deny this.
    We all have expectations and visions of what it should be like, but in the end i think people want to have fun in their pastimes and have it given to them in an convincing durable matter with a long timespan.
    And longevity wise if they will support ACC as long as they did with AC, we should be rocksolid for a long time. Kunos is still a relatively small team with huge ambitions. And they are learning in life just like we all do.
    What isnt today, will not mean it cannot happen tomorrow. As long as the right intent and determination to improve for the greater good of us fans and simracingdrivers alike is guaranteed, then thats what we should trust in.
    I rather have this situation then trusting Electronic Arts f*cking up another license (Need for Speed // Road & Track anyone? ).
    Not there yet, but we will get there.
    PS: I was having Endurance race SP lockups all these days within 2 to 15 minutes usually, ive decided to wipe everything ACC, all the folders & unreal 4 engine folder (3 different engine versions in it) . Reinstalled cleanly, and drove 1,5 hours on Paul Ricard 27 cars with nog Crash.
    Perhaps it might not be an bad idea as a temporary work around to start completely clean, it worked for me anyway... like what was suggested above...

3. Devs, please don't stop what you're doing. I love how active you guys are on the forums and it's great to read that you listen to our feedback.

It must be hard not to be sucked into all the negativity, but please, please, don't stop what you do here - it's appreciated by the vast majority of us.

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Billy Strange's video is spot on except for one thing. 2 and 3 qualifying sessions are part of Blancpain Sprint and Endurance series and this is a game that simulates Blancpain and its regulations so they are there for a reason. What we really need is the SKIP and NEXT SESSION buttons to work properly and preferably a time multiplier.
    If people want to do one qualifying session only there's a Custom Race Weekend mode to do so.

MsportDAN and Chriss like this.
  5. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Talking about such, I find that the help box does change according to the different menu tabs, but then it just gives a basic summary. When you scroll up and down the different settings, it doesn't explain the setting itself specifically. Any plans to update that? Doesn't have to be long and detailed but it would be very helpful in for example the tuning menus as a lot of folk don't know what each option does to the car.

6. toold

toold Gamer

I'm not alone with this opinion, even Pro drivers like Nikki Thiim , have an issue with it.
    Kunos please address the curbs. The curbs are what kills the fun.
    They are like you get on soap. Touch them at high speed and you go for a spin.

7. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I like the kerbs. The amount of input you can use on them varies with each kerb, car and setup as well as conditions and tyre pressure/temp. All the more satisfying when you sort it out. Setting up to ride them better often means compromising other handling aspects so there are many ways to approach a track. This often gets discussed on motorsport coverage I've seen, it's fun to have it simulated and feels well balanced to me.
    If soapy for you, try different lines using less or no input. The setup features I usually try first depending on the track/corners are ride heights, fast dampers, traction control, arbs, brake bias and down force. The overall aero and balance and your driving line are big factors for every corner and kerb so there are endless ways to tackle this.

vanveen, tjr and Radfahrer like this.
  8. Si.

Si. Simracer

Kerbs are being looked at by Kunos already.

Yes most kerbs are fine but there are some or certain circumstances re how you approach where the kerb will just grab the car and spin you etc. in an unrealistic way that are being looked at by Kunos.

9. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I like kerbs too. You know which is good to use and which avoid. Some cars like kerbs other less. Obviusly in the wet you have to avoid (sometimes i take however carefully). Great job.

10. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I had several identical unrealistic and sudden uncontrollable slides on the the kerb of T7 Les combes with the Porsche GT3. Tweaking the dampers a little seemed to help, but there's clearly something not right in certain kerb/car/setup situations attacked in a certain angle :) The incident at T7 I mentioned were with default setups, I think aggressive but not sure. Will do some more exploration with this combo.

11. While I don't bother the career mode for myself I've to agree. Mostly.
    Necessary functions (save/skip) and notifications/instructions about the series its a must have. And there should be some kind of progress.

Ofc its not easy because of the limited content. With GT3, GT4's and GT1's it would be much easier.
    But maybe something like this:

- test days like already ingame

- Porsche Cup for a season of 6 races at Brands Hatch, Zolder... (for reason to build up more racing experience)

- Huracan ST Cup for a season (with an invitation of a GT3 team to drive a hotstint of a running endurance race)

- GT3 series (slower team/older car to get interest from better teams)

- GT3 series with the car/team of liking

Something like that would be realizable in ACC. Add some cutscenes / mails.

Just a tought :)

NeoGrotesk, trutya, Gevatter and 4 others like this.

12. Really like that especially with the porche cup and hurrican being used since they wouldnt see much use otherwise.

13. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

Except that it is not SRO that organizes the Porsche Cup... But, the Super Trofeo, yes.

14. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I don't want to come out as passive aggressive or anything, but I'm curious to know whether the game simulates engine/oil and water/radiator overheating or if I just haven't been paying attention?

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

(Way) Back in the 1st Interview on Race Department about the ACC development Paul (from RD) asked that question to Marco and Stefano.
    They were considering stuff like that, i.e. if they would allow (random) engine failures and decided against it. IMO that's not really the point of a simulation, it's about simulating how the car drives.

Sure, in real races failures happen, but then the driver can do nothing about it.
    IIRC Kunos integrated the possibility of get a tyre puncture if you abuse the tyre too hard, which should be the case as it's a direct result of what the driver is doing with the car, but I don't see a point of having mechanical failures in the game that aren't a direct result of abusive driver actions.

Madsen and robbio71 like this.
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It is of course a matter of opinion and if all ACC is simulating is the driving of a GT3 Blancpain, I agree, but if ACC is about simulating the Blancpain serie, as it is the way I understand it, than some random mechanical failures, random puncture after race incidents and of course the pace car, should be there at some point.
    Every race I have watched so far, since now I watch Blancpain,:D, has had those happened. It is part of the way the serie runs and the uncertainty is part of the appeal. The option of to turn it off for those who prefer plain racing without incident, might be a good idea.
    Blancpain without drama is not what I have witnessed since the beginning of the season and the reason I like it.:)

17. You're right but this it what's ingame available.

18. Thom@s

Thom@s Rookie

Hello,
    after Version 1.0.1 and some 100 hours of playing the game, I just want to give you a short review (totally subjectiv).
    ACC shows already great potential and brings a lot of new things to simracing. But after started the game in vers 1.0, I recognized that there is little to less info in the game to help you with the rules or even explain some new features ("Fuel load testing"? no help about this in the game - and I don´t even understand it when I read it in the blog (has shurly to do with my bad English and technical understandings).
    After the game is now Vers 1.0.1 I´m really tiered to search here in the forum for the information or test everything in the game by my own. Why are the infos from the blogs not in the game? Why is there no info about the blanc pain series at all?
    If Kunos want to bring poeple to this racing serie and be an embassador for it, it would be nice to introduce the serie and give some info about the dos and don'ts. I fell so often helpless and left alone in this game, that it took a lot of my fun. I´m hoping that this will change and Kunos will give us -who are not so familiar with the technic - a bit more help and infos.
    Thinking that maybe another 6 months would have been good for the game and that it seems not ready for me.
    Nevertheless I want to thank the whole team of Kunos for their work up to this point.

19. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys my mouse navigation in the menus has been completely broken for a couple of days, like I can't move it it just stays stuck at the top left corner of the screen... Any ideas?

20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Try launching the game without any controllers/wheel/pedals/etc. and see if it's still happening.

I had it on other games that mouse was stuck cause some controller was connected with an analogue axis active (= outside deadzone range) which got the mouse cursor stuck.
    (it's just a general guess though, not sure if this can happen in ACC)