1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Unrelated to ACC but I find this part interesting:

At the moment, the regulations state that a GT3 model should be based on a car that doesn’t share its platform with a four-door model. However, BMW has apparently been in talks with FIA regarding the regulations and they will only proceed once given the green light.”

Imagine this would open up the doors for V8SC in Australia to morph in to a GT3 category as well, been some talk of it before here and there but guess this was one of the hurdles

chksix likes this.
  3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yeah, let's just say it's indirect to ACC. That's because it's unpredictable and unsustainable compared to the others. But what a beautiful car was the Z4 in ACC. I don't think we'll ever see the Z4 GT3 - hi, roadster.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  4. I am playig a championship and I crashed. Is there no way to skip the rest of the race to go to the next event?

5. dave967

dave967 Racer

No just restart and finish..ya lazy bum... lol

6. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Well sometimes you just want to retire the car and move on

Piret2000 likes this.
  7. Si.

Si. Simracer

On the flip side, first time back racing for a while and two first corner Monza incidents that wrecked my race requiring repairs. First one I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to, accidents happen. 2nd looked like a deliberate attempt by a driver to wipe out the field, which they pretty much succeeded in doing. I understand it is hard to assign blame but if a car is accelerating into the 1st corner and going above a certain speed at a certain point then I think blame can be assigned to that car vs any other that they hit. These first corner incidents really spoil an otherwise great game but I think some special coding to assign blame or ghost cars is required into the first corner especially. Lost 2 SA overall that I couldn’t recover by continuing to race.

chksix likes this.
  8. Maciej Malinowski

That’s Monza for ya

9. Si.

Si. Simracer

2nd race could’ve been any track, they set out to deliberately wreck the race. Some of the best racing I’ve had has been at Monza. Accidents happen and that’s fine but I would like to see some protection from these deliberate wreckers.

10. Maciej Malinowski

Some people always want to overtake there because it’s big breaking zone, and if at the back of the field there is just one or two idiots like that, and they are at the back because lack of pace in the quali in the first place, they are gonna wipe out half of the grid:mad:, and then domino effect even for people that are cleanly and slowly going through T1,
    it’s sad :( but at Monza it’s very hard to do anything about it, it’s those people not the game
    Sometimes it’s beneficial to start from the pit or at the very back and break super early and then go through thereo_O
    I would like to drive more at that awesome of a track but because of people like that it’s dead for me:(
    This whole situation shows how little respect some people have both to their car and other drivers:(, they would probably be first to **** their pants going on the limit at the race track:rolleyes:

chksix and Piret2000 like this.
  11. Maciej Malinowski

Yes Monza is awesome apart from T1 carnage, it’s look simple and only with couple of corners but is in fact very challenging, if u can survive the start you will be a happy man and the rest of the race will make u even happier men because of that awesome track and battles u can have there

12. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I started to think about own livery design. It seems to me unfair that some of them can use it in MP (their own server or transfer of their design to the server owner), while others can't. As I understand it, if some people can use it, there are no legal questions, otherwise no one would be able to use another disign.

Why can't the design be automatically uploaded to the MP-server?

13. Maciej Malinowski

I also think that is there is that option to have them, we should get in game liveries creator or something,
    or maybe it was the concept from the beginning but then didn’t finish it and it was left as an option but only with manual access for it

romandevision likes this.
  14. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Then we just have to hope that someday we will be able to change the design inside the game - all the possibilities for that are there.

It is fair that there is no change of design in SP - this is fair and I agree with that.

15. Maciej Malinowski

I am not really into customisable liveries tho,
    I like to enjoy different cars with different Blanckpain liveries

16. Maciej Malinowski

But sure, it would be nice feature to have

17. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

In a way, I'll agree. Usually 95% of livery is garbage.

But I've seen a beautiful livery 720s(orange + purple - classic McLaren color + "Total" stickers). I'd like to make a 650s in such colors, but I'm still putting up with Garage 69 livery... it's not very pretty, in my opinion, + stupid advertising for once more Chinese companies. :confused:

18. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I am convinced that public servers already show custom liveries.
    Can someone confirm this?

19. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Oh, really? I figured to be had to send own design to the server owner.:eek:

20. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

No, putting the file into your own Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Customs/Cars will show them in your car selection and on track for any driver as well.